I got tired of playing on a boring black yoga mat, so I used fabric paint to create a bit of a starscape. 

Unfortunately the cross-hatching of the mat texture makes taking pictures of it **** near impossible because it picks up glare no matter how much you try to manipulate the light sources, but I think y'all will get the idea.

What is yet to be seen is how durable the paint will be on the rubber mat, and I will update as time goes by. My intention is to get some butcher paper and cover the painting with that before rolling so the paint isn't pressed against a sticky, sweating rubber sheet.

Thanks. Feedback is welcome.

Yoga Mat 1.jpg

I do a lot of traditional naval gaming so I have a large ocean mat I've made out of those interlocking rubber fatigue mats, which are very similar to yoga mats. I recommend using a product called Polyacrylic as your final sealent. It's like Polyurethane only water based, so it's much easier to apply and clean up and also does not yellow over time like oil based Polyurethane does.

On 3/29/2018 at 12:48 AM, Beerasaurus said:

I got tired of playing on a boring black yoga mat, so I used fabric paint to create a bit of a starscape. 

Unfortunately the cross-hatching of the mat texture makes taking pictures of it **** near impossible because it picks up glare no matter how much you try to manipulate the light sources, but I think y'all will get the idea.

What is yet to be seen is how durable the paint will be on the rubber mat, and I will update as time goes by. My intention is to get some butcher paper and cover the painting with that before rolling so the paint isn't pressed against a sticky, sweating rubber sheet.

Thanks. Feedback is welcome.

Yoga Mat 1.jpg

Oooh... now I know who you are.

Also, I really like the mat.  :)