Shadows of the Future

Speeder Bike Instructions

While I managed to work out where everything goes in the end, there really needs to be a new set of instructions for Speeder Bikes.

The first thing is that the angle doesn't show the connection points for the turbine, blaster, or the pedals. The pedals aren't quite as described anyway, but easy enough.

I ended up having to hunt down someone doing a build on youtube to see where the turbine mounts because the image in the booklet makes it look like it's supposed to attach where the blaster does...and the blaster's is even worse. There really needs to be some better instructions so other people getting the kits don't end up needing to hunt for those attachment points all over the internet...

3 hours ago, Shadows of the Future said:

While I managed to work out where everything goes in the end, there really needs to be a new set of instructions for Speeder Bikes.

The first thing is that the angle doesn't show the connection points for the turbine, blaster, or the pedals. The pedals aren't quite as described anyway, but easy enough.

I ended up having to hunt down someone doing a build on youtube to see where the turbine mounts because the image in the booklet makes it look like it's supposed to attach where the blaster does...and the blaster's is even worse. There really needs to be some better instructions so other people getting the kits don't end up needing to hunt for those attachment points all over the internet...

I thought the blaster was pretty easy to locate but agreed the turbine was hard to locate, I had to go looking at images of Speeder bikes to give me the right area...then I finally found the little notch where its meant to go.

Agreed overall instructions need to be better.

Because of the instructions, I really messed the bikes up. I thought the turbines were part of the gun. So I glues the guns to the  end of the turbines and glued it to where the guns go. 

They way it looks in BOTH pictures, the turbine is behind the gun and looked to me like the gun is glued there. Pics don't have arrows or anything on where the parts go. They just have all the parts spread out. Very bad instructions. 

On 3/29/2018 at 2:10 AM, Shadows of the Future said:

I ended up having to hunt down someone doing a build on youtube to see where the turbine mounts because the image in the booklet makes it look like it's supposed to attach where the blaster does.

Can you post a link tobthat youtube video please? Should be in your yt history.

I was kinda hoping that this thread would be instructions for putting the speeder bikes to good use. That being said, I don't have the pedals, turbine, or  gun glued to my models yet for this very reason! The pictures above helped a lot, though!

Milage varies on knowledge of Star Wars trivia. I had the Kenner Speeder Bike toy that blew up with the button on the back, and I put together the Speeder model kit in the late 80s. I could of put these little guys together with my eyes closed. That AT-RT though..... ugh. Lets just say i had to do some surgery on that poor thing after gluing it together all kinds of wrong.

I am completely familiar with all the parts of a speeder bike and I still found these pretty horrible to put together.  The front stabilizer fins are nearly impossible to get even and the pedals have a barely there notch that leaves them just kind of hanging randomly from the bottom of the bike.  There’s no way to put them on and have them line up with the biker scout’s feet unless you glue them both in at the same time.  I’m not looking forward to that at all.