Jump to content
Seguleh

What do you still miss or want (species, spacecraft, classes...)

Recommended Posts

I'm going to say it:

Second Edition.

The whole spaceship system needs redoing, the older talent trees need rebalancing with the newer rules, alot of the rules could use better explanations of how they work (see GroggyGolems post just above)

This game is good. It could be better and deserves to be better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to say it:

Second Edition.

The whole spaceship system needs redoing, the older talent trees need rebalancing with the newer rules, alot of the rules could use better explanations of how they work (see GroggyGolems post just above)

This game is good. It could be better and deserves to be better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to cough up money for a Second Edition. The basic rules are fine. If FFG wants to do a re-print with better clarifying text, more power to them. I've found that most complaints tend to focus on how GMs and players apply the rules, not how the rules are written.

What do I want in terms of careers or species? Nothing, honestly. The last of the rules supplements for Age of Rebellion and Force & Destiny have been announced and what's going to be included in them seems fine. At this point, there's something for everyone unless someone either wants a non-canonical play option (Herglics) or a play option that's so niche it doesn't seem appropriate for the system (Jawas, Ewoks).

Filed under "Would Be Nice to Have" would be the following setting books:

  • The Corporate Sector - While the Expanded Universe was wiped out and turned into Legends, the Corporate Sector is canonical again. This setting book would be the perfect fit and round out the Edge of the Empire line with a business-focused region of space. This would include Cantonica, obviously. 
  • Imperial Planets - We got a Rebel-aligned world for Age of Rebellion, but we need targets for Rebel operations. Focused write-ups on Coruscant, Vardos, Kuat, whatever. A GM's chapter on military targets: garrisons, factories, academies, Imperial Intelligence sector plexuses, etc. 
  • Something else setting-wise for Force & Destiny. Nexus of Power provided some nice Force-intensive locations. Given F&D's more exploratory theme, locations that are known for being strongly in-tune with nature, like Kashyyyk, or uninhabited areas with ancient ruins that players can dungeon-dive, like Onderon or Rhen Vhar (if we can sneak Legends materials in). This book would also be useful for EotE campaigns with heavy archaeology and scouting themes.
Edited by Concise Locket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GroggyGolem said:

A lot of what I want for this game is streamlined & more clearly defined rules that fit with the rest of the game system. I'm getting those from Genesys and its setting books. Stuff like vehicle combat, social encounters, mounted combat, a better system for signature abilities (found as Heroic Abilities in Realms of Terrinoth). Even crafting has been updated to an extent.

If they changed the system to a Gensys Clone I would quit. That system is not robust enough for SW. Its the bare bones that needed the extra content this system has. It’s not perfect but things like chases and space combat could be adjusted without scrapping the other elements that make the system. And don’t you ever touch my crafting, it is potentially OP but so are Jedi, so if I’m swinging a spanner for a career I want to see some epic moments too. 

Plus, I ain’t paying for the systems rules reboot. No, I think we need more of what makes this system great. Give us region and era books, give us adventure hooks and books with in-depth looks at technology like weapons, Droids and ships. I mean imagine a book designed to include the entire R-Series of Astromechs and IG’s signature Assassin Droids. Imagine it came packed with abandoned Droid factory adventures and manufacturing empires whose stock rises are in a little too in step with Imperial powers to be coincidental... etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Khazadune said:

If they changed the system to a Gensys Clone I would quit. That system is not robust enough for SW. Its the bare bones that needed the extra content this system has. It’s not perfect but things like chases and space combat could be adjusted without scrapping the other elements that make the system. And don’t you ever touch my crafting, it is potentially OP but so are Jedi, so if I’m swinging a spanner for a career I want to see some epic moments too. 

Plus, I ain’t paying for the systems rules reboot. No, I think we need more of what makes this system great. Give us region and era books, give us adventure hooks and books with in-depth looks at technology like weapons, Droids and ships. I mean imagine a book designed to include the entire R-Series of Astromechs and IG’s signature Assassin Droids. Imagine it came packed with abandoned Droid factory adventures and manufacturing empires whose stock rises are in a little too in step with Imperial powers to be coincidental... etc. 

I don't need a genesys clone, plenty of what's in the system works but some things didn't for a long time (defense until Genesys came out) and several things just worked poorly (vehicle rules).

 

I'm interested in updated rules where they are needed, not everywhere. Besides, the basic rules (dice system) are already identical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GroggyGolem said:

I don't need a genesys clone, plenty of what's in the system works but some things didn't for a long time (defense until Genesys came out) and several things just worked poorly (vehicle rules).

 

I'm interested in updated rules where they are needed, not everywhere. Besides, the basic rules (dice system) are already identical.

I’m fine with tweaking rules as appropriate. There was nothing wrong with capping Defense at 4 for example. But applying rules from Gensys is not the way to do this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Khazadune said:

I’m fine with tweaking rules as appropriate. There was nothing wrong with capping Defense at 4 for example. But applying rules from Gensys is not the way to do this. 

Until we get a new version of Star Wars (unlikely), it has worked out well for my gaming table. I have the benefit of players that are cool with any changes that make the game more fun for them and that's pretty much what I always shoot for with houserules. Things that are either more fun or more thematic without breaking the core system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't have a huge problem with any of the rules, even the ones that garner frequent complaints.  I can work around those.  I want more fluff, more new stuff, all the beautiful things required to round out a good story in a good setting.

 

I don't feel there's anything a 2.0 version would offer that an updated errata sheet couldn't handle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 9:38 AM, hikari_dourden said:

Starship and Vehicle decks, like the ones that already exists for talents.

This is #1 on may want list. A nice consolidated deck or two for vehicles. I love my Imperial and Rebels, Scum and Villainy etc. decks. I could actually see this as 2 decks broken down by either ship size: 1) fighters/speeders and 2) transports/capital ships or by use: 1) Planetary vehicles and 2) Space vehicles. Either way, I'd be stoked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aluthin77 said:

Noghri  - superb race

Shards

Togorians

Ewoks and jawas great for PC annoyance value

and i second rules on clones and cloning tech

 

:ph34r:

Yeah. I was hoping with the Engineer book they would go into Genetic Engineering and have Knowledge: Education and Medicine be the go-to class skills. If I find time I might play around with a ruleset for Cloning, sample tech and medical facilities. Ideally, it would have been great if they had actually built a career around Medicine instead of having it tag along with others careers. Oh well. That ship has sailed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2018 at 7:55 PM, VadersMarchKazoo said:

This is #1 on may want list. A nice consolidated deck or two for vehicles. I love my Imperial and Rebels, Scum and Villainy etc. decks. I could actually see this as 2 decks broken down by either ship size: 1) fighters/speeders and 2) transports/capital ships or by use: 1) Planetary vehicles and 2) Space vehicles. Either way, I'd be stoked.

I made my own. I actually have vehicle cards for every book that's been released. I also made decks for NPCs/droids that weren't included in the FFG decks.

It's actually not difficult if you have access to a computer program that makes grids and a printer. Here's an example sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Eoen said:

I'd also like to see an Umbaran species and planetary gazetteer.

Yeah an adventure based on Umbara would be amazing. I hope they do that when they come out the with Clone Wars Era Book. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Concise Locket said:

If, not when. FFG has been averse to prequels material, other than as background content to support original trilogy era books.

I used the language I did on purpose. I’ll let you speculate on why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Khazadune said:

I used the language I did on purpose. I’ll let you speculate on why. 

Either you have insider knowledge and possibly violated an NDA or are simply hoping that FFG will use the RPG line to launch their first prequels-era product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Concise Locket said:

Either you have insider knowledge and possibly violated an NDA or are simply hoping that FFG will use the RPG line to launch their first prequels-era product.

 

00340D53-8581-47F1-B3DA-0E7C19DB8F47.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...