Jump to content
Seguleh

What do you still miss or want (species, spacecraft, classes...)

Recommended Posts

I thought of two more things:

A Rigger for a squadron, with a talent that allows you multiple Signature vehicles with a maximum total Silhouette equal to 3 + ranks in Larger Project. Ie if you’re usual maximum was Silhouette 6 you could instead have 3 Silhouette 2 Signature Vehicles or 2 Silhouette 3.

 

A Pack Master, Hermit with the ability to have a minion group instead of a single bonded animal.

 

both can be easily house ruled but a spec would be cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok complete list

Noghri, Herglic, Jawa, Tusken, Gamorrean, Omwati, Ewoks, maybe the chance to do a few of the less humanoid species...

I'd like world destroyers...

I'd like to see a nobility universal spec as well as a street urchin universal.

I'd like region books to cover things like the maw, core worlds, corporate sector, wildspace, outer rim etc. 

Era books like old republic, jedi order/new republic

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An Index for all released books covering races, locations, equipment, mods, etc... giving book and page number as a downloadable pdf. As finding things quickly is a nightmare now.

 

That aside a book set in Knights of the old republic time,

a Sith Sourcebook, with sith alchemy for equipment and beasts

An underworld book with Darksun and other major criminal enterprizes

Corporation Sourcebook with the major players in it from Corporate sector to Kuat drive yards etc...

 

oh and faster release in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope that we'll be seeing some more iconic species that's missing, most notably Jawas and Ugnaughts. Both of these are ubiquitous species that can be found all over the galaxy,  why they have been left out baffles me to be frank.

I'd like to see the Force Awakens Era source book, maybe we'll get it after episode IX? Seems to be a low hanging fruit. I have a feeling they don't want to do the SWTOR Era book due to it not being strictly cannon. Would love to be proven wrong. A Clone Wars Era book could be great too. 

More Adventures would be nice, the ones that we've gotten so far have been of very high quality although a bit railroaded. More Sandbox-style adventures would fit the game really well. It would be interesting with an adventure pack that, like the Era books, spans all three systems. A kind of Epic story that could resemble the story arcs of the movies. Perhaps for Knight Level play only?

Not missing a whole lot else. If we would get more expanded/re-worked rules for Starfighter Combat that would be great but I can make do. Actually looking froward to when the last three Career books have been released and we can finally see the whole scale of the game and the options. It's a very impressive game!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to see the Shards, Lasats, Ewoks, Ugnauhts, Jawas, Herglic, Nogri, those races in the Canto Bright Casino, Talz.

A Clone Wars setting book, as well as The Force Awakens, Rebel and Imperial sourcebooks.  

More Sector books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The devs actually answered the Lasat question in the Dawn Of Rebellion episode of Order 66 podcast. Their stance was that there were so few Lasat left in the galaxy and that their ultimate fate was still too closely tied to the ongoing Rebels narrative that they avoided using them for the RPG for now. Basically they didn't want to step in and mess with Lucasfilm's/Feloni's vision for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see an Adventure designed the way the Castle Ravenloft adventure was designed in D&D... meaning that it is randomly determined by the GM before beginning so that players who may have read the book do not necessarily know what to expect. I find many GMs avoid published adventures because they feel their players have too easy access to the content and therefore know what to expect. 

I also want to see dedicated books on ships and weapons that are filled to bursting with art and stats including some original creations. 

I want to see an adventure book designed around a Rebel Cell participating in the two Death Star Battles. Someone recently suggested tackling laser turrets, shield generators, wings of fighters, capital ships etc as part of an evolving battle. 

I would also like a region book involving the Chiss Ascendency. 

I would love a section of a book on Cloning and specifically on Arkaanian and Kaminoan Cloning facilities and corporations... with rules for growing clones and an adventure involving a deranged clone.. Palpatine/Obi Wan/C’Both? (Maybe not the last part lol) 

More Era Books... the Clone Wars one should include all the CIS Droids from Buzz and B1 (variants) through Supers and Droidekas and on till you incorporate everyone. Then it should have a universal spec for a Reprogrammed CIS Droid... like my Buzz Droid. 

I want to see a lot of the species previously mentioned but specifically; 

- Miraluka

- Jawa

- Herglic

- Ewok

- Zeltron

- Defel

- Clone Trooper (I know we have the universal spec but I would love for this to be able to be paired with an actual species beyond tacking on the Mandalorian Human) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Khazadune said:

I would love to see an Adventure designed the way the Castle Ravenloft adventure was designed in D&D... meaning that it is randomly determined by the GM before beginning so that players who may have read the book do not necessarily know what to expect. I find many GMs avoid published adventures because they feel their players have too easy access to the content and therefore know what to expect. 

I also want to see dedicated books on ships and weapons that are filled to bursting with art and stats including some original creations. 

I want to see an adventure book designed around a Rebel Cell participating in the two Death Star Battles. Someone recently suggested tackling laser turrets, shield generators, wings of fighters, capital ships etc as part of an evolving battle. 

I would also like a region book involving the Chiss Ascendency. 

I would love a section of a book on Cloning and specifically on Arkaanian and Kaminoan Cloning facilities and corporations... with rules for growing clones and an adventure involving a deranged clone.. Palpatine/Obi Wan/C’Both? (Maybe not the last part lol) 

More Era Books... the Clone Wars one should include all the CIS Droids from Buzz and B1 (variants) through Supers and Droidekas and on till you incorporate everyone. Then it should have a universal spec for a Reprogrammed CIS Droid... like my Buzz Droid. 

I want to see a lot of the species previously mentioned but specifically; 

- Miraluka

- Jawa

- Herglic

- Ewok

- Zeltron

- Defel

- Clone Trooper (I know we have the universal spec but I would love for this to be able to be paired with an actual species beyond tacking on the Mandalorian Human) 

I can get behind most of that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GM_loke said:

The devs actually answered the Lasat question in the Dawn Of Rebellion episode of Order 66 podcast. Their stance was that there were so few Lasat left in the galaxy and that their ultimate fate was still too closely tied to the ongoing Rebels narrative that they avoided using them for the RPG for now. Basically they didn't want to step in and mess with Lucasfilm's/Feloni's vision for them. 

They're already in the old D6 game, have been in the EU for decades now, I think the Rebels creators pulled them from some Galaxy Guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, the thing I want most is all the books of the Star Wars lines on pdf. While I love hard copies, physical books can take up a lot of room, and that significantly limits what I can buy. I am in the process of moving right now, and books are HEAVY to move. This is my second move in a row where I'm moving to a smaller place, and I have to throw a lot of stuff out, so I just plain don't have room for more physical books :( Plus, the searchable text of pdf's can make finding things so much easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything about the clone war including the IG-227 Hailfire-class droid tank , the command ships etc

 

Things I do not ever want to see is anything related to Disney....starwars 7 was an insult....and I'll never watch star wars 8...

Rogue One was great though....

Edited by Mefyrx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Eoen said:

They're already in the old D6 game, have been in the EU for decades now, I think the Rebels creators pulled them from some Galaxy Guide.

Nope. The Lasat, named as such as a species, has no official D6 stats. There are unofficial fan made D6 stats for them though. WEG may or may not have used that design for a different species, however, given that the design of the Lasat was repurposed from the original Ralph McQuarie concept sketches for Chewbacca. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hungry1 said:

For me, the thing I want most is all the books of the Star Wars lines on pdf. While I love hard copies, physical books can take up a lot of room, and that significantly limits what I can buy. I am in the process of moving right now, and books are HEAVY to move. This is my second move in a row where I'm moving to a smaller place, and I have to throw a lot of stuff out, so I just plain don't have room for more physical books :( Plus, the searchable text of pdf's can make finding things so much easier.

No problem at all.

If, that is, you can convince FFG, Electronic Arts, and LFL to all sit down off-cycle to rewrite the licensing terms dating back to the 80's that deem pdfs to be "electronic gaming." ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Nope. The Lasat, named as such as a species, has no official D6 stats. There are unofficial fan made D6 stats for them though. WEG may or may not have used that design for a different species, however, given that the design of the Lasat was repurposed from the original Ralph McQuarie concept sketches for Chewbacca. 

You are totally incorrect except for the Ralph McQuarie part, there are official stats for them in Alien Encounters pages 89-90, there is even an line drawn illustration that looks similar to Zeb.  

Here is their official stat block.

Lasat

Home Planet: Lasan
Attribute Dice: 12D
DEXTERITY 2D/4D+ l
KNOWLEDGE 1D+2/3D+2
MECHANICAL 1D/3D+2
PERCEPTION 2D/4D
STRENGTH 2D+2/4D
TECHNICAL 1D/3D

Story Factors:
Mistaken Identity: Lasat are occasionally mistaken for Wookiees by the uninformed-despite the height difference and Lasat tail-and are sometimes harassed by local law enforcement over this.
Move: 10/12
Size: 1.2-1.9 meters

 

image.png

Edited by Eoen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have already said one this plenty of times, but Jawas. I was very very surprised to find out Jawas weren't in any of the books so far, considering how iconic they are and that Tatooine is a very frequently used planet in official stuff and RPGs like this one, same with the Sand People. Even if neither (in particular the Sand People) could be used as player characters I'd at least expect some NPC stats to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2018 at 6:31 PM, Nytwyng said:

No problem at all.

If, that is, you can convince FFG, Electronic Arts, and LFL to all sit down off-cycle to rewrite the licensing terms dating back to the 80's that deem pdfs to be "electronic gaming." ;)

Wow. The last time I heard that line of reasoning, TSR was still threatening to sue anybody who was posting home-brewed D&D material. Oh, the memories....

 

So FFG has the right to give away Star Wars "electronic games" for free, but they can't sell them? Because by that logic, the pdf's that FFG is giving away (such as Under a Black Sun or Operation: Shadowpoint are "electronic games".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hungry1 said:

Wow. The last time I heard that line of reasoning, TSR was still threatening to sue anybody who was posting home-brewed D&D material. Oh, the memories....

 

So FFG has the right to give away Star Wars "electronic games" for free, but they can't sell them? Because by that logic, the pdf's that FFG is giving away (such as Under a Black Sun or Operation: Shadowpoint are "electronic games".

Those appear to slip through a loophole in that there's no rules delivery in those particular releases; they're useless without the Beginner Games, CRBs or sourcebooks. (Similar for the dice rolling app: no rules delivery, just a randomizer with custom dice images that's useless without the actual games.)

As the story goes, the terms of the RPG contract are virtually unchanged since originally composed when WEG originally launched the D6 SWRPG. At the time, neither PDFs specifically nor direct digital delivery to customers were things at all. Likewise for the electronic games license; it's largely unchanged, too, and is said to be worded in such a way that digital distribution of rules and other mechanics falls under the electronic/video game license. (Word has it that the LFL licensing contracts are oddly specific in unexpected areas. For example, take a look at the Star Wars Funko Pop figurines compared to other Pops. The Star Wars Pops have bases and spring-mounted bobbleheads, while other Pops don't. That's because of how specific the action figure contract currently held by Hasbro is. Without the stand and bobblehead features, they'd fall under the same umbrella as action figures, and thus infringing on Hasbro's license.) Sure, those contracts could be rewritten, but at least one party involved would have to agree to renegotiate their contract off its renewal cycle. To be blunt, EA has no real incentive to alter the terms of their license.

Edited by Nytwyng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of what I want for this game is streamlined & more clearly defined rules that fit with the rest of the game system. I'm getting those from Genesys and its setting books. Stuff like vehicle combat, social encounters, mounted combat, a better system for signature abilities (found as Heroic Abilities in Realms of Terrinoth). Even crafting has been updated to an extent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...