Seguleh

What do you still miss or want (species, spacecraft, classes...)

Ability to buy a set of force dice. They are the only ones we struggle with now (I think we have six sets, but we have to constantly swap force dice whereas we rarely swap others - 600 xp force and destiny)

3 hours ago, Daeglan said:

expanded dice?

Duplicate classes? there aren't any.

*Duplicate specializations. 

When I get my new dice, I'll post a picture on the forum, but upgradable force dice, Mastery and Catastrophe dice, and a Risk Die. (All my own creation)

I fully agree with images of the different ships. As an example in Dawn of Rebellion there is the KST-100 Kestrel, the only image available anywhere is a comic book image.

I'd also like to see ship layouts, but I don't figure that will ever happen.

Edited by ThreeBFour

On 3/29/2018 at 12:53 PM, nameless ronin said:

Setting books - Old Republic, NJO, Clone War era, maybe even something along the lines of an Unknown Regions primer

Campaigns - long ones, like 0 to 600XP stuff. I like writing my own, but sometimes it’s convenient to be able to grab something of the shelf and most other players I know who don’t mind GMing occasionally vastly prefer published modules

While that sounds great, I doubt you'll get anything that's now considered Legends (like the NJO, at least not the one you're expecting, from the books). Even the Old Republic information is not cannon. It's not like the old WEG days, where the RP system would fill in a lot of the background/non-cannon lore. Disney has a lot of oversight on what's being published.

6 hours ago, Kabal said:

While that sounds great, I doubt you'll get anything that's now considered Legends (like the NJO, at least not the one you're expecting, from the books). Even the Old Republic information is not cannon. It's not like the old WEG days, where the RP system would fill in a lot of the background/non-cannon lore. Disney has a lot of oversight on what's being published.

The OP asked what I still want, not what I expect to get. ;) That said, if the Old Republic MMO gets another expansion that might be a good time to tie in with an era sourcebook for the RPG.

I'd like collected books of equipment, species, ships, etc.  Preferably with pictures of all the equipment and ships.  I don't need full color poster quality pictures here, just line drawings similar to the old WEG books is fine.  Something to give me an idea of what ships look like.  I want the collected volumes to solve the "which book was that one gun I like in" problem.  I spent 10 minutes going book to book looking for a particular piece of equipment just last session.  I finally gave up and went back later.

I'm not a huge fan of "second edition" rules, but I think we could really use a rework of some of the core rule-books, especially EoTE.  Some of the professions in it are really lackluster.  They got much better at crafting interesting talent trees later as the game progressed.  It would also allow them to clarify/improve some of the more unclear rules.

Sorry, I know these aren't species/gear/ships, but it's what I want.  I'm skeptical I'll get them in the near future, but I can dream.

Wishful thinking: Options to purchase the .pdfs.  I understand why this not realistic, but it would certainly be beneficial to those of us on the go.

More dice options, what I mean is, can they license their symbols with a company like Chessex?  I have had to go repaint symbols on my dice from time to time, and I know this may potentially flaw their probabilities.

Out group of eight really enjoy the adventure modules.  I take and tweak them, but I love having some bones to hang meat. 

A class that's actually as tailored to stealth as the other classes are tailored to everything else.   They don't even have a talent that removes setback from stealth checks in the game, much less a spec tree that includes it.  Yet there are trees that let you remove setback, gain boosts, and also do crazy things with Triumphs for just about every other skill in the book.   Yet stealth has I think 2 talents that directly impact stealth checks, and they're usually very sparse in any spec tree.

4 hours ago, ExileofEnya said:

Miraluka and Lasat. Also Bo-rifles. 

I agree. I would also like to see a tree for force users who want to be Grey Jedi (keeping Morality between 40-60 or 45-55) because it seems to me like that is where the new canon is leading. 

What I'm still missing:

Species: Jawas, Ewoks, Gamorreans, Lasat (maybe Zeltrons, Kaleesh, Cathar and/or Herglics as well).

Ships: pictures for the ships created by FFG like the Xanter-class Deep Space Exploration Frigate from Enter the Unknown.

Era books: Clone Wars, Republic Age (around or shortly before Episode I featuring the Height of the Jedi Order, the spreading corruption and influence of various mega corporations and the Hutts), a book for the time between Episode VI and VII, a New Trilogy sourcebook, maybe Old Republic (Canon or Legends). I would love a Dark Ages and New Sith Wars Era book, but I realise that the chance for a legends Old Republic book that's not featuring KotoR or TOR is exactly 0%.

Adventure books: New adventures! So far we've had adventures introducing new species (Chronicles of the Gatekeeper, Friends like These), a new skill (Beyond the Rim - Cybernetics) and new force powers (Chronicles of the Gatekeeper and Ghosts of Dathomir). I'd love to see a new Adventure book featuring around a new Universal specialization for once.

Regional books: A sourcebook featuring Imperial planets (Bastions of the Empire), a sourcebook featuring planets that are battlefields during the Civil War (lots of opportunities for PC adventures), Shadowports, Corporate Sector, Wild Space & Unknown Regions, an entire new region (similar to West End Game's Tapani Sector - introduce something completely new!)

Card decks for the different adventures and regional books with stats and pictures for the (major) NPCs and pictures for the different locations (maybe with an added description). These would be very helpful for a GM running the official adventures.

Expanded Stealth rules and Crafting rules for poisons and grenades (and poison grenades...)

Some rules that are propably more fitting for Genesys (I don't care whether the rules would be published for Genesys or Star Wars as long as they get published one day): Rules for creating and running political entities (like noble houses, criminal organizations,...) and for running wars (so far we've got mass battle rules which are very helpful running battles, but not so useful if the PCs are in charge of their own independent force like a independent Rebel cell and the campaign features an entire war).

A new type of book: Campaign sourcebooks: a mixture between Adventure books and Regional sourcebooks, like for example a specific sector on Nar Shadaa: introducing all the major NPCs and organisations in an area including goals, strategies and assets and introducing several plot hooks (For example: take over this specific sector! Why? Left open for the GM and the players: maybe they are a local street gang, maybe they are getting sponsored by a Hutt, maybe they are Rebels trying to establish a new base, maybe they are vigilantes who want to bring justice and peace,...) Basically an adventure book for a small Sandbox campaign.

A big campaign featuring a Setting book and two or three adventures (one can dream)...

I’m getting a hankering for Sequel material. I feel like a Resistance game could be a lot of fun, but there just isn’t enough material out there to build a campaign around yet.

The Resistance is easy. A lot of their stuff can continue to be old ships maintained for a war footing.

But the First order really needs some mid-sized vessels. I need corvette and frigate sized ships that fit the aesthetic.

It’s not that there are things on screen that I want statted out. I can take care of that myself. I just feel like the era is a little sparse right now, and needs some love to really expand on it.

39 minutes ago, abookfulblockhead said:

I’m getting a hankering for Sequel material. I feel like a Resistance game could be a lot of fun, but there just isn’t enough material out there to build a campaign around yet.

The Resistance is easy. A lot of their stuff can continue to be old ships maintained for a war footing.

But the First order really needs some mid-sized vessels. I need corvette and frigate sized ships that fit the aesthetic.

It’s not that there are things on screen that I want statted out. I can take care of that myself. I just feel like the era is a little sparse right now, and needs some love to really expand on it.

Most of the First Order ships can simply be repurposed Imperial ships, with little to no modification. An Imperial class SD becomes a Resurgent class SD. The TIE/Ln becomes the TIE/ Fo (with the addition of shields), the T-65 X-wing becomes the T-70 X-wing, etc.

If you’re interested, Once the current session is over, I’ll be reorganizing a mixed level campaign set in this era over in the F&D beginners thread. You’all need two characters for it, one starting XP native F&D, one a “master” level (1500-2000XP) character, previously played preferred, any career from any of the three lines.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

11 hours ago, FinarinPanjoro said:

I'd really like to see a universal cyborg spec...including some of the talents in the CyberTech tree and some new ones without it being focused on being a cybernetics expert.

I thought Cyber-Tech did a really good job of it.  There are a couple of talents that may not fit 100%, but it works.  I've been thinking of using it to create an Adam Jensen like character from Deus Ex.

Species: Cathar, Kaleesh, Lasat to start.
Era:  Old Republic as shown in TOR,  Post ROTJ
Sourcebooks: Location Books, Bestiary books/card decks,  Equipment compilation books/card decks
Adventures: None for myself,  I pretty much only homebrew.  However for those that like pre-published material,  I'd say give a few more.

Official Watermarked PDFS ala what Paizo produces.  Hopefully if EA loses the stranglehold it has on electronic star wars games it has now, that will let FFG look into it.  I know I'd buy the books again in PDF form at a reasonably lower cost than the print books for the convenience of slapping them on my choice of electronic device I can use at my RL games.  I'm pretty discerning for my online games where if a person mentions that they "have the PDFs" I am reticent in allowing them to play, because they are doing nothing to support the game. 

Jawa, Echani, Miraluka, Anzati, Defel, Cathar, Noghri, Chistori, ysalamiri (not playable, obviously, but would love fleshed-out rules for them)

Chiss Clawcraft, V-Wing speeder, AQ-5 Waveskimmer, whatever model ship the Raven's Claw is

Dark Side classes like Sith Apprentice, Inquisitor, Nightsister, or Emperor's Hand, Stormtrooper classes with specialization variants (Snowtrooper, Sandtrooper, Hazard Trooper, etc.), Teräs Käsi Acolyte, Hunt Saboteur