sappidus

New Core box, and more

51 minutes ago, Felswrath said:

My flgs has the old sized boxes. Should I pick one up as an investment, or will this not affect the price of the last edition?

It will probably not affect the price.

37 minutes ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

Huh, this doesn't seem like an FFG move. At least there are now two rulebooks. I wonder if this is a counterfeit like suggested in the BGG thread. By the way, those threat trackers look neat.

From what little we can glimpse of the Learn to Play booklet in the pics, that would be a helluva counterfeit effort. They even went out of their way to define the "neither successful nor unsuccessful" quest state, a point even veterans often are shaky on.

That ruleset mentions "Online only" - sure this for the physical LOTR LCG or the new digital game? Scrolling through, perhaps it is the former.
Also, it's not the full rules system -

"This document is intended as the definitive source for rules information, but does not teach players how to play the game. Players should first read the Learn to Play book in its entirety and use this Rules Reference as needed while playing the game."

Page 2 of the Rules Reference.

Also note the info at the bottom of the cover page -

Rules Reference
SUMMARY OF CHANGES
New entries and changes from previous editions will be noted in this space.

So this is the second part of the rules, not the only part.

Edited by timbolton

@timbolton The quote you point out and the note at the bottom of the cover page do point to this being only part of the rules. But this is consistent with modern FFG rulebook layouts. They did the same thing with Imperial Assault.

The revisited Horn of Gondor reads "destroyed", the version in that online rule book is the old one?! Does that mean, that they did not care to update their cards?!??? :(

16 minutes ago, Flrbb said:

The revisited Horn of Gondor reads "destroyed", the version in that online rule book is the old one?! Does that mean, that they did not care to update their cards?!??? :(

They should've done the card illustration with the old Zigil Miner, just to really troll the community. :)

19 hours ago, sappidus said:

This is shown in the LotR Card Game LCG  (the physical one) section of the products in FFG site...

EDIT: And that is the only add in the rules section of the product, that still only has the rules until Mumakil

Edited by CJMatos

7 hours ago, Seosaidh said:

@timbolton The quote you point out and the note at the bottom of the cover page do point to this being only part of the rules. But this is consistent with modern FFG rulebook layouts. They did the same thing with Imperial Assault.

So is the Learn to Play booklet going to be tiny you think?

5 minutes ago, timbolton said:

So is the Learn to Play booklet going to be tiny you think?

It might be. Although the indication that this is an online-only book may indicate no significant change to the current in-print rulebook, with this simply serving as the Rules Reference book that is actually printed for other games. I honestly don't know.

9 hours ago, timbolton said:

For some reason I was thinking this online book was possibly replacing the FAQ, but maybe we'll have the "Learn to Play", the "Rules Reference" and "FAQs"  together.

No, it'll be three separate documents, but I imagine at least some rulings from the FAQ did manage to make their way into the RRG.