Tvayumat

"Begun, this paint war has" (Added Lothal speeder bikes)

10 hours ago, BigBadAndy said:

@Tvayumat any chance you could provide additional information on how you mounted the ATST head for people interested in trying this?

Easy peasy!

You want a 3/8" diameter x 1/8" deep countersunk disc magnet and a 3/8" steel ball from KJ Magnetics (I think GS world also sells sets of these but I do KJ)

The divot in the AT-ST top neck is perfectly sized to drill into with a 3/8" bit and seat the disc. Then cut down the top of the AT-ST "neck" until you make a nice little seat for the ball to rest. Rough up both the ball and the magnet with sandpaper on all surfaces, so the magnet won't swing around and the head won't loll to the side! This is one of the easiest magnet jobs I've done.

OJW18D7l.jpg

7 hours ago, Jabby said:

For the stormies did you use any drakenhoff nightshade in the shade? (Or any other blue shade)

I've been trying not to fall back on washes at all for these guys. They were layered up from primer via airbrush with Vallejo Wolf Grey and Reaper Ghost White, then hand-highlighted with the same, and finally with Pure White for the top highlights.

There is definitely blue in there. I think using a blue-grey wash would achieve a similar visual effect. I think having some blue in the palette adds a lot and makes them more interesting visually.

6 hours ago, Albertese said:

I'm curious what figures you used for the drivers of the AT-ST and your disassembly process for getting them in there... 

Those would be Generals Weiss and Veers from Imperial Assault. I have a lot of Weiss' lying around.

I took the whole AT-ST pilot compartment apart, mostly out of curiosity. With a bit of careful effort and some time in the freezer the whole thing can be taken apart into 6-7 pieces.

You have to remove some plastic supports behind the "eyes" in order to clear up the space for the pilots, but it's not bad with a dremel.

Edited by Tvayumat

Those heads in the AT-ST window crack me up. Nice subtle cloth texture on Kenobi's robes! I'm a little disappointed you didn't get more colorful with your clones.

And the way you painted your droidekas, they give me almost a steampunk vibe. Wouldn't want to run in to those in a dark alley!

3 hours ago, Contrapulator said:

Those heads in the AT-ST window crack me up. Nice subtle cloth texture on Kenobi's robes! I'm a little disappointed you didn't get more colorful with your clones.

And the way you painted your droidekas, they give me almost a steampunk vibe. Wouldn't want to run in to those in a dark alley!

Thank you!

That AT-ST is long sold unfortunately, but a new one is coming soon, so I'm going to reapproach that concept and see if I can't spice it up some.

I like my basic clones stark but there'll be more colors appearing shortly. Just started working on some lieutenants, captains, and ARCs!