ImhotepMagi

Imhotepmagi's Legion Painting-Skullforge Stormtrooper Captain 5/31/19

Your Boba Fett looks amazing. I really like the addition of the the chest emblem on the armor.  Your beer commercial reference was amusing. I find it amazing how popular Boba Fett is especially since he had less than 3 minutes of actual screen time between 3 films and no more than 4 lines of dialog. After seeing ESB in the theater way back when I was immediately struck too. I had all 6 bounty hunters as a kid and they were always the main focus of my adventures.

I am going to be painting my Fett in his Original ESB color scheme. I'd rather remember him as the guy who tracked down our heroes instead of the guy who got accidentally knocked into the Sarlacc.

2 hours ago, C3POFETT said:

Your Boba Fett looks amazing. I really like the addition of the the chest emblem on the armor.  Your beer commercial reference was amusing. I find it amazing how popular Boba Fett is especially since he had less than 3 minutes of actual screen time between 3 films and no more than 4 lines of dialog. After seeing ESB in the theater way back when I was immediately struck too. I had all 6 bounty hunters as a kid and they were always the main focus of my adventures.

I am going to be painting my Fett in his Original ESB color scheme. I'd rather remember him as the guy who tracked down our heroes instead of the guy who got accidentally knocked into the Sarlacc.

Thanks! I tried to make him as screen accurate as possible within the limits of my painting skills. Then of course I went and painted the emblem on the wrong shoulder! But that just makes him Episode IV Special Edition Boba Fett I guess. And the reference is from one of the Robot Chicken Star Wars specials. 

The enduring legacy of Fett I think really comes down to him just looking menacing and the intricacy of is costume. It's got so many little details he really looks "lived in" and it gets you really wondering what each bit does or where it came from. You start imagining adventures right away. Also, the great thing about a silent or nearly so character is it is easier to put yourself in that role, mentally, because there's very little pre-determined personality. That way, Fett is whoever you imagine him to be and I imagine everyone views him a little differently, a personal Boba for everyone. It's the same theory Nintendo has on why Link never gets a voice actor or lines beyond screams and grunts. Your Link is more "you" in your mindset.

I also almost went ESB so I could paint less red (I hate painting red) but then noticed the blaster was the RotJ one and my inner OCD Nerd clawed it's way out. When I made the shoulder mistake I lamented it for about a day and a half until I could find an instance of it being on the right. Special Edition FTW!

On 2018年10月19日 at 8:48 AM, BigBadAndy said:

Great job on Boba Fett.  

@C3POFETT this has always been interesting to a lot of people.  

Yes it is. The original canon gave Boba Fett a lot of lore and the books gave him a lot of personality. Shadows of the Empire, Tales from Jabbas Palace, Tales of the Bounty Hunters and the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy are excellent reads for diving into his character. @TauntaunScout might agree that the West End Games Star Wars RPG books are excellent sources for learning of his original background before the Prequels. Even the history behind how he originally obtained his armor was a cool backstory.

I liked him right from the moment he stepped out of the shadows and stood beside Darth Vader in Cloud City as Vader says "I would be honored if you would join us." and with out provocation took a shot or two at Luke Skywalker. That is why I am going with the ESB Boba Fett as opposed to the easily defeated RotJ Boba Fett. Although Boba Fett did team up with Dengar for a while in the EU, even though Dengar didn't really want to.

Edited by C3POFETT

@ImhotepMagi First, the models look great.  I like the way you have chosen to pick out specific details on the models and change the color.

I heard someone suggest that the snowtroopers on the e-web are scaled differently than the trooper units.  I have one but I haven’t opened it yet.  Do they look the same to you?

Once again loving the color scheme on your "Snow" troopers. I did an out of the box color scheme on mine and plan to do the same for my E-Web. I just tried something different for a Scout Trooper squad. I used a few different shades of gray and black but no two Scouts look exactly the same. I plan to do a set of Scouts on speeder bikes to match.

As always they look great. Look forward to more posts.

4 hours ago, aniron said:

Are those Galactic Ultramarines? ?

While the nonstandard paint schemes are not for me, nice to see some diversity.

They're Blue Stars! They are based off a bootleg toy line from a Turkish company called Uzay. I try to pick in-universe or screen accurate colors where possible, but the reference to a reasonably famous bootleg toy was too much to pass up.

3 hours ago, BigBadAndy said:

@ImhotepMagi First, the models look great.  I like the way you have chosen to pick out specific details on the models and change the color.

I heard someone suggest that the snowtroopers on the e-web are scaled differently than the trooper units.  I have one but I haven’t opened it yet.  Do they look the same to you?

I don't really notice, but they might be a tiny bit taller if everyone were standing up straight. It's not something that's really bothersome unless you are incredibly anal about a mm or two.

3 hours ago, ImhotepMagi said:

I don't really notice, but they might be a tiny bit taller if everyone were standing up straight. It's not something that's really bothersome unless you are incredibly anal about a mm or two.

Well, the guy on YouTube suggested they were smaller so that tells me it’s likely his imagination.

On 5/14/2018 at 7:01 AM, ImhotepMagi said:

Ok, I've had a chance to paint up my snowtroopers! They still need proper bases, but I'm happy with how they came out:

32260961_10157174561798561_4883964971941101568_o

After the stormtroopers, I was sick of painting white so I went with something a little bit different.

I really love that space marine theme. I painted my storm troopers to look like Space wolves.

3 hours ago, LordBubba said:

I really love that space marine theme. I painted my storm troopers to look like Space wolves.

9 hours ago, ImhotepMagi said:

They're Blue Stars! They are based off a bootleg toy line from a Turkish company called Uzay. I try to pick in-universe or screen accurate colors where possible, but the reference to a reasonably famous bootleg toy was too much to pass up.

6 hours ago, BigBadAndy said:

Well, the guy on YouTube suggested they were smaller so that tells me it’s likely his imagination.

Yeah I don't think they are any different but I'd lean toward bigger, so I imagine it's my imagination too.

2 hours ago, Dave Grant said:

Vader and Palps sounds great (in a terrible sort of way).

I like the idea of making some Royal Guards move 4 times in turn one after scouting and thereafter Vader moving 3 times a turn. 

Loving Dark Helmet! 

Amd then you’re olaying long march amd breakthrough against a guy with 2 mortar at-st and snipers and you get tabled. But it sounds fun otherwise