werdnaegni

Requesting Tabletop Admiral feedback

On 9/24/2018 at 6:24 PM, CaptainRocket said:

Anybody else having problems with adding snipers to commandos? I can do it to a full squad but not a strike team... ?

You might have to clear your cache. I had to make changes to code to make strike teams work, so it could still be loading an old script.

On 3/30/2018 at 10:14 AM, Rocmistro said:

werd, how about password reset, password recovery support? i don't see any place to do that in the ui?

It's on the wish list, but it kind of involves revamping some things, so it might be a ways off. If you want to shoot me a DM or email with your username and what you want your new password to be, I can change it for you. Sorry that's a pain.

57 minutes ago, werdnaegni said:

You might have to clear your cache. I had to make changes to code to make strike teams work, so it could still be loading an old script.

Thanks!

Other suggestions:

- Often when I return I get logged out, but I don't notice. When I click "My Lists" It gives me an error page, why not just take me to the login page?

- Reorder my lists?

- Yeah condensed view would be nice. 

- Having the entire list view be in a scroll pane, so the add new stuff and the preview columns would stay visible in the left 2/3s would be nice too.

Great job all around tho' so thanks!

On 9/26/2018 at 10:44 AM, werdnaegni said:

I was having the same issue with the Commando Strike Team heavy weapon slot and this fixed it in Firefox 61

Posted (edited)

It’s been two years and things change so got to ask: Any consideration for doing an app yet?

I’ve gamed in places without accessible WiFi and poor cellular signal. Would be nice to be able to access and use the page offline. 

I know that’s a biggie but had to ask. 

PS: I remember many years ago being able to “download and use offline” webpages. The browser would download all files from a webpage and save it in a cache file and access that file instead of going online. Wonder if that’s still a thing and doable on an iPhone?

Edited by drail14me

On 3/15/2020 at 11:12 AM, Xclbr1 said:

Kinda a big thing, when making a Skirmish list could we have the Skirmish battle cards instead of the standard battle cards?

My thinking was that there are no cards to choose from when building a Skirmish list. Everyone brings the same battle cards, so there's no list building aspect. So it's been a low priority, but I could put the cards there for you to see.

On 3/15/2020 at 9:13 AM, drail14me said:

It’s been two years and things change so got to ask: Any consideration for doing an app yet?

I’ve gamed in places without accessible WiFi and poor cellular signal. Would be nice to be able to access and use the page offline. 

I know that’s a biggie but had to ask. 

PS: I remember many years ago being able to “download and use offline” webpages. The browser would download all files from a webpage and save it in a cache file and access that file instead of going online. Wonder if that’s still a thing and doable on an iPhone?

It's still a 'probably not', I'm afraid.

I'm not exactly raking it in from this, so learning an entirely new skill, one which I'm not super interested in, all to not really make any money, isn't super ideal to me. If I were looking to get into app development, it would be worth it, but I just don't really like the app world, so my only motivation to get into it would be to maybe earn part of a living, which isn't going to happen with this I don't think. Maybe as a Patreon stretch goal or something, I don't know. I don't know legally if I could SELL an app, since it uses FFG assets.

I just tried saving the page, and it seems to work offline. Images won't load of course, but it seems fine functionally. Saving a list won't work either, but the proper code should generate so you could just save that somewhere.

But yeah I mean I'd like to magically have an app appear, but I just can't justify the time it would take. I've made about $1/hr over the course of making this site haha. Learned a lot, but starting over from scratch on a different platform doesn't feel wise. But I don't know, I've got a few projects to finish and maybe that will be smart. Convince me if you feel you can!

2 hours ago, werdnaegni said:

Convince me if you feel you can!

I don’t think I’d be very convincing. Totally understand not jumping into the app world. I commend you for tackling web design for our game!

Ive had some app ideas but don’t know the first thing about app development. Thought it would be neat to have a list builder and tournament app all in one that worked offline. You build your army in the app then go to a tournament. At the Tournament, the TO and all participants would have the app. The TO would have his app in TO mode and turn on their WiFi hotspot. All participants would connect to that hotspot forming a local network with no need to connect to the internet. Lists submitted and all paring and results reported within the app on that closed network. Not even sure it’s possible though. 

55 minutes ago, drail14me said:

I don’t think I’d be very convincing. Totally understand not jumping into the app world. I commend you for tackling web design for our game!

Ive had some app ideas but don’t know the first thing about app development. Thought it would be neat to have a list builder and tournament app all in one that worked offline. You build your army in the app then go to a tournament. At the Tournament, the TO and all participants would have the app. The TO would have his app in TO mode and turn on their WiFi hotspot. All participants would connect to that hotspot forming a local network with no need to connect to the internet. Lists submitted and all paring and results reported within the app on that closed network. Not even sure it’s possible though. 

It sounds interesting enough.

Somewhat related, but do most game stores not have wi-fi? Kind of surprising, and seems like a problem that would become less and less common over time.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, werdnaegni said:

It sounds interesting enough.

Somewhat related, but do most game stores not have wi-fi? Kind of surprising, and seems like a problem that would become less and less common over time.

Mine doesn't but I've got a better cell phone now than i used to, so its not a big problem. I do most if my legion playing at home anyway.

The App would be nice but that's more because we're a spoiled people this day and age.

Edited by buckero0

7 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

Mine doesn't but I've got a better cell phone now than i used to, so its not a big problem. I do most if my legion playing at home anyway.

The App would be nice but that's more because we're a spoiled people this day and age.

My game store has WiFi but it doesn’t always actually work. Cell coverage is bad as well. Went to a tournament recently that was held in a hotel conference room. WiFi was not available if you weren’t a guest of the hotel and cell service was very poor inside. That hotel was in downtown Atlanta. 

Nothing more frustrating that going to an event and not being able to access your list other than the printed copy. 

24 minutes ago, drail14me said:

My game store has WiFi but it doesn’t always actually work. Cell coverage is bad as well. Went to a tournament recently that was held in a hotel conference room. WiFi was not available if you weren’t a guest of the hotel and cell service was very poor inside. That hotel was in downtown Atlanta. 
Nothing more frustrating that going to an event and not being able to access your list other than the printed copy. 

I guess I'm old school.  I would think that a tournament is the one place you would want multiple printed copies and that you would be prepared for such and event.  That comes from gaming in the old days and doing warhammer tournies before the internet was a thing and years before I had a smart-phone.

I've never heard someone say " I was carrying these minis down the street and just happened to stumble upon your quaint little tournament"

Like I said, we as a people are spoiled.