WookieHairdresser

Tournament Life Hack

What have you all found to be the easiest way to move your list (pilot/upgrade cards) between tables at a tournament? Kind of a pain to keep scooping everything up every time and I feel like there must be a cheap diy solution I'm missing!

Edited by WookieHairdresser

For DIY solutions, a drawer/silverware organizer from Target or the like is super cheap.  Paint it up for customizing!

Personally, I have a cog-o-two set of magnetic template tray, token and range ruler tray, and a top cover that is worth every penny ten times over.  

I have a Kinchrome carry box, about 13" by 8" it just fits a ruler, Ghost, YT-1300, Shadowcaster, 4-6 small-base ships and all the cards I own in the game. If I bring a second teeny box I can fit all the asteroids, templates and ancillary stuff in too.

For a great deal of time I used my core set box with all the orignal stuff removed and the opening sealed with clear plastic. It did the job, but I found that there was a compression risk in the middle, hence the transfer over to steel.

My current set up is:

Template tray with lid.

These for my ship/upgrade cards and shield tokens.: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-X-Wing-Ship-damage-and-Upgrade-Card-Tray-x3/332074294673?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Extra tokens in a small takle box.

Damage deck in an Acrylic card holder,

Dice in a bag. 

Ships stacked on top.  

Not the best, but it seems to work, and is easly packed up.  I've toyed with using a small bag to carry everything, but that's just an extra step of packing.

Edited by Alpha17

20979856_10156109767250656_2036301919_n.jpg.66c6fbf31b4e7b04e6a36dd4e907c93a.jpg

dice, templates, damage deck, and some tokens go in here...

ships, 'roids, and cards go into this thing... which sits neatly ontop of the tray above. Has been the most efficient way of doing things since I started playing. Lately tho, I've added a small parts organizer for ALL my tokens since I've been needing some of the special tokens.758490051.jpg

1 minute ago, Yakostovian said:

I've seen plenty of people with these, but I have yet to be able to find any myself.

yea, a lot of my locals have these too. but I have been out of luck as well. I've been tucking the upgrades into the sleeve of my pilots. but it does damage the sleeve and I'm sure is probably going to damage some of my alt-arts. 

39 minutes ago, Yakostovian said:

I've seen plenty of people with these, but I have yet to be able to find any myself.

Ebay and Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CS104FE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1522165983&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=14+pocket+card+sleeve&dpPl=1&dpID=51NdNY3nm2L&ref=plSrch

Im sure your LGS could place an order for you as well. Ultimate guard 14-pocket pages

On 27.3.2018 at 5:56 PM, wurms said:

OMG is that the typical price in the US? Got 10 sheets double this size (32 pockets, 4 large the rest small) for 6€ at my local store. 

Back to topic: I love these sheets! Apart from that I put my stuff in Magic the Gathering fat pack boxes. Those sheets fold in nicely, only things that do not fit are the range ruler and the 5 template. 

Edited by flooze

On 3/27/2018 at 4:20 AM, __underscore__ said:

latest?cb=20150313164857

And the bottom part of that box for carrying everything between tables.

Hahaha me too!!! Except I use the blue box. 

I have a bead organizer for my tokens and a standard sheet protector for cards. 

11765856.jpg?sw=120&sh=120&yocs=1I_&yolo

I have a plano container for my shield and focus and such tokens and one of these that I had lying around for my ships and maneuver templates and the plano. I don't know that I'd use that for custom painted models but you can sort of split the difference between sweeping everything off the table and some sort of foam solution that needs packed or a tray that can get knocked over is hard to move while carrying anything else like a coat or bottle of  soda. 

Edited by Frimmel