Sign in to follow this  
Jabby

Prequels vs Sequels vs Scum

Sequels.

I love the lines of the First Order are appealing to me.  The First Order Stormtrooper also needs some 3d representation on the table.   We have decades and so many iteration of the classic stormie.  

That being said, a very close second would be the droid army.   Put in some generic tactical Droids and they could be a non decomissioned army floating around the original trilogy time period.   

14 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Sequels.

I love the lines of the First Order are appealing to me.  The First Order Stormtrooper also needs some 3d representation on the table.   We have decades and so many iteration of the classic stormie.  

That being said, a very close second would be the droid army.   Put in some generic tactical Droids and they could be a non decomissioned army floating around the original trilogy time period.   

The non-decommissioned Droid army is actually canon. There was an episode of Rebels dealing with Kanan, Ezra and Rex facing off against the super tactical droid General Kalani and his force of Droids.

As for me, prequel all the way. In fact, until FFG adds the GAR as a faction, I'm not getting into Legion at all.

Edited by T70 Driver

This isn't an easy question, but I always liked the various armour designs for the Clone Troopers so I voted for the Prequels.

But the First Order also has a nice updated armour design for their Stormtroopers, a squad or two with Phasma would be nice.

And having a force of the Black Sun or the Zann Consortium would also be quite interesting.

Prequels would be easily 2 additional factions, you could also include an Ally mechanic to the game if you really wanted to.

Scum in Xwing is basically just "misc stuff" they arent actually a faction. To my knowledge there isnt another faction thats big enough to be considered an army, and in the structure of this game it makes no sense to have a "misc stuff" army included.

As much as I'd love the prequels first I think the sequal might be a better place to start as with the prequels we might suddenly have to run in to jedi more. Not sure if the game is ready for a sudden influx of those yet

Scum.

As much as I've always liked the potential of the Clones Wars era, I don't like the inevitable Cognitive Dissonance with having armies of vastly different eras fighting, especially with named heroes on both sides. Most of the Clone equipment seems like it's going to be, ahem, 'liberated' to give the Rebels more conventional units anyway (AT-RT comes to mind).

Prequels, already know a few people who like the game but holding out for a druid army.   Would love to see where FFG takes them. 

Cheap large units of battledroids (dont' give them defense dice just get more per points) would be a fun to play against and feel very much like the movies and shows.  This way if you hit them, they die, but you have hordes of them to go through.

40 minutes ago, Arbitrator said:

Scum.

As much as I've always liked the potential of the Clones Wars era, I don't like the inevitable Cognitive Dissonance with having armies of vastly different eras fighting, especially with named heroes on both sides. Most of the Clone equipment seems like it's going to be, ahem, 'liberated' to give the Rebels more conventional units anyway (AT-RT comes to mind).

But two imperial armies with Darth Vader would be ok?

Here is how I see it, I'm against the adding the adding of the prequels and sequels, because I just feel it kills the thematic of the game. But if I had to choose between the two, it would have to be prequels. The sequels adds almost nothing, its basically repainted rebels and empire, the rebellion literally changed their color from red to blue and the empire went from pseudo-fascists to full on fascist. The units would literally be the same, with the exception of the named characters of which I care for none of them, except for Poe and Finn. The prequels at least gives some variety, clones and droids are very different from the rebels and empire and could provide cool and unique units that are not just reskins or slapping on new paint jobs, in addition I am quite fond of a lot of the prequel characters: General Kenobi, Grevious, Count Dooku, Mace Windu, Jango Fett, the list goes on and on.

Basically the First Order and Resistance would add nothing new to the table, except some reskinned units, while the Republic and Separatists would definitely feel unique and bring something. Although I am against these factions being introduced into the game, I would be a lot more unhappy if the sequels were implemented 

Prequels. I'm very happy that they're getting some love in Destiny - which unfortunately didn't really hook me.

Prequel content would get me buying X-wing and Armada again, even though I only play these games casually at home now. It certainly would keep me around for Legion. The customized armor that the Republic troops wore would be a joy for painters (who seem to already be flexing that muscle with their stormtroopers) and I just think the Separatist droid army could be a really interesting and rewarding faction to play if it's done well. Also... could it mean Asajj Ventress or General Kenobi commander units...? Hmmm yes please.

16 minutes ago, Dusksong said:

Prequels. I'm very happy that they're getting some love in Destiny - which unfortunately didn't really hook me.

Prequel content would get me buying X-wing and Armada again, even though I only play these games casually at home now. It certainly would keep me around for Legion. The customized armor that the Republic troops wore would be a joy for painters (who seem to already be flexing that muscle with their stormtroopers) and I just think the Separatist droid army could be a really interesting and rewarding faction to play if it's done well. Also... could it mean Asajj Ventress or General Kenobi commander units...? Hmmm yes please.

Rapid reinforcement condition card

deep strike Kenobi near grievous 

“Hello there!”