Lickintoad

We've been playing this game wrong this whole time....

I was assembling my speeder bikes today, and I noticed something that seemed like a misprint.  Then I looked in the Learn to Play book, and it showed the same thing.  All, this time, and we've been using the speeder bikes incorrectly*.

The leader is the one with both hands on the handlebars!

Capture.JPG.01d37a488533ab5ab47525dd31a47371.JPG

He's marked as the leader in the expansion, too, with the "turning"mini designated as just a speeder bike.  This is game-changing!

* This is tongue-in-cheek.  I don't think it matters which mini is the leader, so long as it is obvious and consistent.  However, I'm happy for it to be this way, because it never seemed right to me for the leader of this unit--the guy in front--to be looking backward.  The guy in back is the one that should be covering the rear.  But, if someone wants to use that as the leader, go for it.  Just be consistent about it.

To be fair I noticed it straight away in the books and always wondered why people always refered to the guy shooting his pistol as the leader (as you say though, it dosnt really matter so long as its clear who is your designated leader)

I messed up putting the bikes together. In both pics, it looked to me like the light that goes in the side by the driver was part of the gun. So I glued the gun to the  end of the light and glued it to where the gun goes. FFG should have been more clear on how this stuff gets put together. 

17 minutes ago, Ken on Cape said:

I messed up putting the bikes together. In both pics, it looked to me like the light that goes in the side by the driver was part of the gun. So I glued the gun to the  end of the light and glued it to where the gun goes. FFG should have been more clear on how this stuff gets put together. 

Yes the light thing (is it a light?) was very unclear on where it went.

I went onto google and went through loads of speeder bike pics to find the right spot, still didnt find it easy.

30 minutes ago, VAYASAN said:

Yes the light thing (is it a light?) was very unclear on where it went.

I went onto google and went through loads of speeder bike pics to find the right spot, still didnt find it easy.

Looks like a fan or intake (probably for the engine) to me, based on the pics online. I left those off of mine as well since the assembly instructions were so vague and I wanted them in the right place. 

50 minutes ago, pkreynolds said:

Looks like a fan or intake (probably for the engine) to me, based on the pics online. I left those off of mine as well since the assembly instructions were so vague and I wanted them in the right place. 

There is actually a tiny cut out bit on the main frame that matches a sticky out bit on the intake/light thing.  Im not at home but its infront of the riders right left area, on the side.  Rectangular notch on a bar kind a thing.

1 minute ago, Egilius said:

Ofcourse those guys shooting backwards aren't unit leaders... with careless driving like that they never make it to promotion..

Unless he is the driver in the lead and turning round to shoot his subordinate for going too slow.

3 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

Unless he is the driver in the lead and turning round to shoot his subordinate for going too slow.

Maybe he's former Imperial Guard, and his subordinate is refusing to charge the enemy.

5 hours ago, Egilius said:

Ofcourse those guys shooting backwards aren't unit leaders... with careless driving like that they never make it to promotion..

The leaders are on point and staying on target, the Holdout Blaster guy is all "THE FORCE IS MY COPILOT YOLOOOOOOOO" as he flies into a tree and explodes.