Sign in to follow this  
Memorare

Questions from a day of gaming.

So, we've spent all day playing legion and we really like it tho we have had a few improvised rulings...

Do you get a save against things like force choke and hits inflicted on deflect? We said no, but as 40k players we weren't sure.

Commanders taking objectives - we said yes as they are troopers but they don't have a leader as such, so we were a bit unsure. 

Impact on speederbike attack. Is that per speeder? 

Edited by Memorare

8 minutes ago, Memorare said:

So, we've spent all day playing legion and we really like it tho we have had a few improvised rulings...

Do you get a save against things like force choke and hits inflicted on deflect? We said no, but as 40k players we weren't sure.

Commanders taking objectives - we said yes as they are troopers but they don't have a leader as such, so we were a bit unsure. 

If you "suffer" a wound, you are not allowed to save against it. Saves are taken against "hits" and a wound is not a hit!

For a unit consisting of a single model, that model is considered the unit leader.

Edited by Soulless

I'd advise against using lingo from other games (i.e. saves) when learning a new one, it makes you impose concepts that aren't present over the new game. 

Anecdote on that: There once was a 40k gamer on the X-Wing forums that insisted on always first resolving all of one players moves and combat, then the others, because "that's how games are played".

Sure would help to have a printed rules reference to clear these up on the fly, though, have you considered having a tablet nearby with the pdf on it?

13 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

I'd advise against using lingo from other games (i.e. saves) when learning a new one, it makes you impose concepts that aren't present over the new game. 

Anecdote on that: There once was a 40k gamer on the X-Wing forums that insisted on always first resolving all of one players moves and combat, then the others, because "that's how games are played".

Sure would help to have a printed rules reference to clear these up on the fly, though, have you considered having a tablet nearby with the pdf on it?

Yeah its probably best to leave lingo behind, but the situation you describe is not about lingo but someone completely disregarding the rules of a game! :D 

10 hours ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

I will try that next time I play white in a game of chess.

11 hours ago, Memorare said:

Impact on speederbike attack. Is that per speeder? 

The keywords are per weapon, so 2 speeder bikes: impact 2

12 hours ago, Memorare said:

And you are right about the lingo, but it's so hard not too!

Tell me more... in my group we keep calling suppression "stress", aim tokens "target locks" and surges "focus". It's hard to drop old habits - i still tend to sometimes refer to Armada's accuracies as focuses as well :P

2 minutes ago, Shanturin said:

Tell me more... in my group we keep calling suppression "stress", aim tokens "target locks" and surges "focus". It's hard to drop old habits - i still tend to sometimes refer to Armada's accuracies as focuses as well :P

Yeah, Luke keeps taking an evade action on his turn, and my airspeeder is doing 3-banks to arc dodge ?