Jedhead

That Han Solo Sculpt Looks Like...

Finish the sentence.

Here's my attempt:

"That Han Solo sculpt looks like Nathan Fillion went on a cheeseburgers-only diet for ten years, the was cast as Han Solo from Star Wars."

Have a go!  Best description gets a prize (but not really)!

They need to refine this mini, he is unrecognisable. Kickstarter campaigns take  customer feedback and make changes, I'm thinking FFG should do the same...

Edited by Digimortal

If I worked in marketing and was looking at photos to publish and had any idea about the subject matter, i'd be looking for shots that showed off the mini in the best possible light.

While you might be right in pointing out we don't have a 360 degree view of the mini up close, I don't like the early look of this one, I'm not overly confident this will be a pleasure to paint and share regardless of mini quality, unless it is instantly recognizable.

As consumers we should express our concern and give FFG a chance to fix it or prove us wrong, not just assume it will be great,

. . . see it from more angles before judging?

I've seen many publicity shots of miniatures which look quite bad but, in the flesh, the sculpts look markedly better. However, I do admit, that it doesn't look terribly promising with this one. The commandoes, on the other hand, are first-rate.

3 minutes ago, BlueFalcon251 said:

It's Lonestarr! Where's Barf, Dot, and Vespa?

this actually makes me like the sculpt a bit more.. it does look like bill a bit.. loneeeestarrrrrr

Let’s not judge too early. Some of the Runewars stuff looked bad painted, but upon release we were pleasantly surprised with the quality. 

FFG needs to either:

- pay way more for better quality paintjobs

- also show the minis unpainted in the marketing material 

or both