Sign in to follow this  
Tvboy

What other SW games will you be dropping for Legion?

Assuming that your amount of free time stays the same, that means less time for other games if you're playing Legion. Curious what existing Star Wars games people foresee themselves playing/buying less of in order to play Legion. Or maybe what non Star Wars lifestyle games you're dropping to play Legion. 

Edited by Tvboy

None, because I only had one miniatures game before. So I’ll stay all-in on xwing and casually accumulate one faction of Legion.

And a lot of my free time is time away from other players where I can’t go somewhere, so Legion gives me something to do with all the painting and terrain building.

I honestly expect I may play a hair less X-Wing but I’ll still get to do a lot of both.

1 hour ago, Wiredin said:

I play X-Wing a lot, but I expect time will be shared between the two as the communities overlap quite a bit. 

This is me too.

Edited by thatdave

The general bloat and "gotta catch em all" nature of X-wing means I'm pretty much casual only with that game, at this point.  I don't have the desire to buy a bunch of ships I don't want to fly just because it has some gee-whiz upgrade cards in it, when Legion scratches the same itch without the unneccesary purchases.

This just might be the nail in the coffin for me and xwing. I haven't decided yet, but either xwing or Bolt Action is likely to get the axe, and I've spent so much time getting my BA army painted...

Well, I've basically already put X-Wing on hold some time ago - I hadn't bought anything new since wave X (wow, I just realized how far behind I got...) even though my gf treated herself with that sweet sweet TIE Silencer. We do occasionally play both casual games and bigger and/or charity tournaments and still run demo games at events and cons in our area, but the days of my judging a SOS event are far gone :P So I guess I'll drop that, and the LCG if I can drop a finished game :P Also, with all the time and effort I've put into the growth of my local Armada scene, there's no way I'm dropping that!

But yeah, looks like Legion might become my (and my gf's) new main game :)

I'll keep all, I have the iconic first couple of waves of X-Wing, Armada is my favourite strategy game and IA is 3 games in one that my wife and I play. Not sure where legion sits yet, but I love the look of it and am happy to be painting a big ole army and create some scenery.

2 hours ago, serrate said:

This just might be the nail in the coffin for me and xwing. I haven't decided yet, but either xwing or Bolt Action is likely to get the axe, and I've spent so much time getting my BA army painted...

I'd axe X wing, WW2 is just too cool of a setting. Plus collecting two star wars games can lead to star wars burnout overload. 

I've stopped playing quite a few games over the past 18 months: Star Wars LCG, Imperial Assault, Android: Netrunner...  A lot of my traditional board gaming has dropped off lately too.  I'll keep Imperial Assault to play the campaign mode with my kids when they get older, but a lot of the LCGs and some of the board games will be heading to trade or sell soon.  Legion is what will probably motivate me to start clearing out a lot of that stuff.

I'm definitely sticking with Destiny and X-Wing, probably Armada too (though it's been getting to be a very long time between games of Armada, which is worrisome).

Edited by Dr Lucky

Dropped is such a harsh word. How about paused. 

Im currently not thinking a whole lot about x-wing, only drafting destiny here and there and look forward to playing more imperial assalt and compleating my collection some time soon if they announce anything new.

With a kid on the way, I'm concerned that Legion may be DOA for me. But I have a board gaming group that always does stuff that may embrace it occasionally, so it may not be so bad.

If I had to guess, X Wing is going to lose some ground (the local scene is just a handful of guys now anyways). Amada is still my favorite, but I could see a stop in buying everything. Even if I like Legion, if nobody locally picks it up, I'm not going to buy a second game (I'm looking at you Armada) where nobody else plays. 

14 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Runewars Miniatures because they literally killed it off 6 months after release when they announced Legion to begin with.

Cause all those recent stories and all that kit about to be released means it's totally dead?  Lol.

Anyway, haven't played any X-Wing in awhile. Stopped playing Destiny a few months ago too. Runewars and Armada are still main games for me. Gotta enjoy the Legion awesomeness too. Hopefully the local scene materializes.

Technically IA since I sold off all my stuff the day Legion was announced.  I also gave up on Armada (my area is totally barren for Armada players).

So out of the SW games (actually game, it’s only X-Wing) I play, nothing is in danger, this will cut into my 40k and shadespire play, however.

Edited by FatherTurin

I stopped pursuing X-wing purchases a while back, Destiny after Empire at War though I did pick up the Luke and Boba starters, and aGoT since there are no players in my area. I have also dropped Heroclix since all the groups that play in my area play on days I am working or have D&D. I am down to L5R for my card game, Legion as my miniatures game, and D&D for roleplaying.