KnightHammer

Going Commando with Han Solo and friends

1 hour ago, UnitOmega said:

SPECIAL. FORCES.

Excellent showing. Love the idea of either just an expensive infantry squad or a cheap fire-and-maneuver team. So looks like it's a Sniper for all range coverage, or the Proton Charge team who can set bomb tokens.

We should expect Scout Troopers to be similar, though I don't know what their proton guy would be like. Maybe an E-WEB mini like we theorized? 

Released as in I finally get my free aim tokens and my squad of meerkats? 

1 hour ago, Force Majeure said:

So, I haven't read the rules (I just bought the game yesterday & it's still shrink wrapped) but Han just seems OP right out the gate.

Am I off my rocker? He gets to shoot twice, and he gains an aim token and a dodge token when you issue "Sorry about the mess".

Han does have one weakness, Carbonite. I don't think he will be as hardy as Darth Vader or as brutal.

1 hour ago, UnitOmega said:

SPECIAL. FORCES.

Excellent showing. Love the idea of either just an expensive infantry squad or a cheap fire-and-maneuver team. So looks like it's a Sniper for all range coverage, or the Proton Charge team who can set bomb tokens.

Why settle for one? Stick the Proton Charge in the squad for more abblative wounds to help survive to get into close range, then put the sniper in the weapons team to hang back and provide covering fire.

18 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

Yeah, you have the cards and minis for them. I think the org chart cap is 3 special forces units?

The minis and cards are both included in the expansion itself. As I noted elsewhere, the base unit cannot take an additional trooper, so the fifth rifle trooper is included for the Heavy Weapons team.

Just now, Lord Ashram said:

Uh, I know this might upset some people... but that sculpt of Han Solo is TERRIBLE.  Like... terrible.  Doesn't look like him at all.  Looks like some pudgy doofus.

He's wearing a greatcoat over a waistcoat, both of which are probably full of ammo. That combination will pretty much make anyone look pudgy...

But hey, at least it's not as bad as Leia's sculpt.;)

1 hour ago, oddeye said:

I was really bummed that the rebel core troop choice was endor themed and that they didn't save those for the commandos to take the special forces slot. Mind blown, I stand corrected. 

I'm not....them navy spaceballs looking troops suck compared to stormtroopers.

I'm glad the went with that theme.

1 hour ago, oddeye said:

I was really bummed that the rebel core troop choice was endor themed and that they didn't save those for the commandos to take the special forces slot. Mind blown, I stand corrected. 

As soon as I saw them I just assumed they were meant to be the Rebel Troopers in Desert uniform.

Here's a picture of that uniform for reference:

latest?cb=20160127231235