KnightHammer

Going Commando with Han Solo and friends

SPECIAL. FORCES.

Excellent showing. Love the idea of either just an expensive infantry squad or a cheap fire-and-maneuver team. So looks like it's a Sniper for all range coverage, or the Proton Charge team who can set bomb tokens.

We should expect Scout Troopers to be similar, though I don't know what their proton guy would be like. Maybe an E-WEB mini like we theorized? 

So, I haven't read the rules (I just bought the game yesterday & it's still shrink wrapped) but Han just seems OP right out the gate.

Am I off my rocker? He gets to shoot twice, and he gains an aim token and a dodge token when you issue "Sorry about the mess".

3 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

So, I haven't read the rules (I just bought the game yesterday & it's still shrink wrapped) but Han just seems OP right out the gate.

Am I off my rocker? He gets to shoot twice, and he gains an aim token and a dodge token when you issue "Sorry about the mess".

You're not off your rocker, but you yourself admit you haven't read the rules or played the game, so you *may* be judging in haste.

Nah, not op at all.

Its specifically against a different unit and its only 2 red dice. Pierce doesnt do anything to cover (unless i missed something, which is entirely possible since i havnt given the rules the full combing yet). Odds are hes going to plink 1 trooper off 2 units, since his ability to reduce cover by 1 basically just negates heavy cover to regular cover (barricades are heavy cover). Dunno about your area but in my area since its primarily 40k stuff, EVERYTHING is heavy cover since its all made of metal or rock lol (aesthetically)

Just now, boogle22 said:

Do special forces units count toward the minimum of 3 troop units?

It's a minimum of three corps units. Special Forces is a different rank, so no. These are troopers, but that's a different thing entirely.

1 minute ago, boogle22 said:

Do special forces units count toward the minimum of 3 troop units?

The requirement is three CORPS units.

These guys are Special Forces, so you can have UP TO three, but they don't count as Corps.

EDIT: Become one with the Corpsmind.

Edited by Tvayumat

No, Pierce doesn't effect Cover, it cancels block results, Cover cancels hits directly. Sharpshooter 1 is good, but keep in mind both he and the new Rebel Commandos have an ability to basically always have Cover 2 AND an upgrade to give yourself cover. 

Split-fire for Gunslinger is pretty good, he can reasonably swat a mini off two forces which is decent considering he's 30 points more than Leia but 30 points less than Luke (wow, it's almost like they made a scale). 

3 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

His attacks aren't amazing though. His thing will be survivability, and at a cost of 120 points.

1 minute ago, UnitOmega said:

Split-fire for Gunslinger is pretty good, he can reasonably swat a mini off two forces which is decent considering he's 30 points more than Leia but 30 points less than Luke (wow, it's almost like they made a scale). 

Real good for suppression though, since he'll almost never miss, even if cover blocks the shot.

Just now, svelok said:

Real good for suppression though, since he'll almost never miss, even if cover blocks the shot.

Yeah, but he's also range 1-2. It's no DLT suppression snipe, but if you're brawling over an objective it can be very handy. 

1 minute ago, Big Easy said:

Suppression is dealt before cover is applied though, right?

Well, yes and no, but the point is that even if cover means he does no damage, the ability to suppress two squads per turn is super useful.

Looking at the pictures in the Rebel Commando article, when the show the two configurations (squad and two man team) the put the Proton Charge figure in with the squad (you can see him better in the up close picture of the box and all the figures, he is the only one without a rifle and has what looks like a detonator in his hand and a shoulder bag (likely full of proton charges))

Part of my love for these expansions is the fact FFG included enough minis for you to field both the squad AND a weapons team from one box. Notice that the squad does not have an option for an extra normal trooper, the only reason to include that extra riflemen was to allow us to use both cards in the same army.