Sign in to follow this  
Yisas8619

Talent list

Hey there, hope you are all doing well!

Here I am again with another noob question. Now that I have species, careers and skills figured out, it's time to go for the talents. Is there any recommended number of them to put on the list? If not, how many of them do you suggest using?

Thanks again folks.  

What's your setting? Fantasy? Steampunk? Modern horror?

The talents all list recommended settings, and most of the talents in the book are fit for all settings. Go over each tier, remove or add the ones you think are appropriate, and you're done.

My thoughts: the more the merrier. The less talents included, the less diverse your group will be. You want a good spread between the various tiers too, especially tier 1 talents, as you need to always have 1 more talent in a lower tier when compared to the next higher tier for you to be able to acquire a talent in the next higher tier. You need at least 5 tier 1 talents, 4 tier 2, 3 tier 3, 2 tier 4 available for your players to be able to acquire their first tier 5 talent. past that, you need 1 additional talent in each tier to continue to get more tier 5 talents.

In the Dragon Ball setting I'm running, I've been using various talents from the core, anything that says it works in all settings and then some that are supposed to work in other settings. In addition, I am creating custom talents of my own to add to the roster of options to choose from.