Celestial Lizards

Outrider Reprint On The Boat

If FFG ever releases a ship that I dislike more than Dash, I am out.  Forever.  I remember watching a match at the height of Triple Jumpmaster meta before the deadeye nerf between Dash and Triple Jumps.  I cheered when Dash died... I cheered.  For. Triple. Deadeye.  Jumps.   I would be willing to un-nerf Whisper whenever she plays against Dash.  Dash sucks.  I hate him so very much.  What a stupid ability.  Whoever designed and/or playtested Dash is bad and should feel bad.

Edit:  Does the new system count all reactions for the "+" stat?  If so, my 4000th "like" was for confusing someone for why I hate Dash so much.

Edit 2:  It appears that making someone "sad" does not add to your reputation so that's good.  I'm curious about "thanks"...

Edit3: A thanks does count towards your reputation.  Thanks for the help all...

Edited by gamblertuba

@gamblertuba hey man, no need to hold back. Tell us how you really feel about dash :P

27 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

Edit:  Does the new system count all reactions for the "+" stat?  If so, my 4000th "like" was for confusing someone for why I hate Dash so much.

Edit 2:  It appears that making someone "sad" does not add to your reputation so that's good.  I'm curious about "thanks"...

“Thanks” “haha” and “like” all add to your reputation. “Confused” and “sad” do not. 

You know where I've found many "out of print" expansions for MSRP or lower?

Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Surprisingly.  I mean, Barns & Noble as well, but people here mention that all the time.

I got a YT-2400 shipped to me from BB&B last week for $25.

Just gotta hunt around a little, boys.  Unless you're not in the US... then I'm sorry :(

1 hour ago, Kieransi said:

I might buy one. I already have two, but I think I messed them both up and I want to have at least one painted really well.

also, I think triple Wild Space Fringers has potential. :)

If only there was a large based, 2-attack turret, with barrel rolls that had a better dial, cost less, and had an EPT...

27 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

If only there was a large based, 2-attack turret, with barrel rolls that had a better dial, cost less, and had an EPT...

I have three ships that match that description as well - I can confirm that, for a while at least, they did significantly better!

Oops, I mean, I plead the 5th...

Yuck. Did you mean the first 360 no range bonus 4 die all free mods and literally rvery move in the game up til that point rainbow bs?  And ignores asteroids and comes with debris you can ignore? All for the cost of no firing at r1?  Eww. 

(Tune of jingle bells-ackmed edition)

Dashing through the rocks,

and the debris clouds to,

Ive got a barrel roll,

to stay away from you!

Lone wolf is what I took,

until wave 10 dropped,

and now I use expertise to blow all your ships up!

oh HLC, HLC, making things explode!

don’t need any criticals when you whiff your green dice rolls!

oh HLC, HLC, making salty grownups!

You won’t ever be in range one of me Because I AM THE FLYING DONUTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

Not a fan of dash. I feel like he lets people punch above their weight, as far as skill-level goes. I mean, ignore rocks AND fire outside your arc? Seems kinda "easy-mode".

However, I DO like Leebo and feel he(she? It?) is underutilized. I run Leebo with Determination and Jan Ors for a VERY tanky support ship. Weak to Accuracy Corrector and Autoblaster, but eats crits for breakfast and absolutely LAUGHS at Kylo.

2 hours ago, JediRush24 said:

I've used Dash as crew on a build I had that was just a 62 point Hera and Ezra in the shuttle. 

I've honestly not flown against a good Dash player tho, he's never bothered me. 

Dash Crew has potential in epic play and custom tournaments (like, say, 18 rocks on the board where Dash pilot is banned).

9 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

oh hey, I'm not alone in hating this ******* and his ability to ignore basically most of the decision making in the game

3 hours ago, Lego Leonidas said:

However, I DO like Leebo and feel he(she? It?) is underutilized. I run Leebo with Determination and Jan Ors for a VERY tanky support ship. Weak to Accuracy Corrector and Autoblaster, but eats crits for breakfast and absolutely LAUGHS at Kylo.

I fancy myself a good Dash player, and there are a serious amount of decisions to think about when playing him in many matchups. Of course, he'll beat the lunch money out of any list that doesn't have anything PS7 or better, but Imperial Aces, Palp Aces and Commonwealth Defenders do that too, plus pretty much all the meta lists ever (except triple JM5Ks). It gets a lot harder to fly him when your opponent is bringing PS8+ ships with multiple repositioning options and strong forward arcs. I'll confidently say that the hardest games of X-wing I've ever played are those in which I've flown Dash against a player who both knows what they're doing and has brought the tools to beat him.

I'll never recommend Dash to two new players battling it out, since it's easy for the battle to be one-sided in either direction with neither of them knowing what happened. But at higher levels, Dash is ruined by most of the current meta; Ghosts, Miranda, Nym, QD+Nus; they all have it out for him.

If you want to look at removing decisions from the game, look first to Rey; she (or her wingman) can also overlap debris with practically no ill effects. She has, when flown adequately, more combined durability and firepower than Dash, at a higher PS with better wingman synergy (Lowhrick) and significantly higher resistance to aces.

Leebo is a perfectly adequate pilot, but run with Mangler he's a substitute Chewy, and run with HLC he's just a poorer form of Dash with more ships that out-PS him (Leebo's a masculine droid).

All that said, the best fun I ever had with a YT-2400 was flying an Autoblaster + Outrider Wild Space Fringer and turn after turn parking in the blind spots of TLTs (wave 7.5 meta) while pounding them to dust. Good times.

Well I like flying Dash, Dash and Norra for the most part. What I'm not a fan of is using a turret weapon, but as that's all that Dash has so be it.
I fly him with a mangler cannon. 
Though I have jumped from Dash to Rey, mostly because shes a new piece in my collection, that being said Dash may end up hanging out as crew with Rey then the haters can hate that as well muhahhaah.
I am yet to try Dash with the EMP device, I'll see how it goes with Rey.

Reason I like Dash is that he can hold his own, has a good ship and is handy with Norra. I find as a Rebel player that to many of the ships suffer from low agility and as such leave the game far to early.