Izeeto

Snapshot. Do you get to use a primary attack.

I was playing against a snap shot list. And was confused when I read the card later. 

Twards the end of the card it says 

"You cannot attack again this phase. " 

So can you preform another attack out of your primary weapon?

You use Snap Shop in the activation phase so the card means you cannot shoot again in that phase, ergo you cannot use other upgrades like Gunner to shoot again. You still get to use your normal attack in the combat phase.

I do not believe there is a way to trigger Snap Shot in the combat phase, or any phase outside of activation,  so it should not cause any conflicts then. 

27 minutes ago, shaunmerritt said:

You use Snap Shop in the activation phase so the card means you cannot shoot again in that phase, ergo you cannot use other upgrades like Gunner to shoot again. You still get to use your normal attack in the combat phase.

I do not believe there is a way to trigger Snap Shot in the combat phase, or any phase outside of activation,  so it should not cause any conflicts then. 

This is incorrect.

Per FAQ you can use Snap Shot any time you have the (unrestricted) opportunity to attack , including during the combat phase.

There's no particular reason most pilots would want to do so, though.

The opposing ship has to execute a maneuver for Snap Shot to trigger.. when would that happen outside of activation? 

22 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

This is incorrect.

Per FAQ you can use Snap Shot any time you have the (unrestricted) opportunity to attack , including during the combat phase.

There's no particular reason most pilots would want to do so, though.

4 minutes ago, shaunmerritt said:

The opposing ship has to execute a maneuver for Snap Shot to trigger.. when would that happen outside of activation? 

Something like Ahsoka triggering Daredevil on another ship is all I can think of.

Just now, shaunmerritt said:

Nope.

That provides an additional trigger for it outside the normal trigger of any time you can make an attack normally.

It's a secondary weapon with an extra time you can use it, but that's not the only time you can use it.

41 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Nope.

That provides an additional trigger for it outside the normal trigger of any time you can make an attack normally.

It's a secondary weapon with an extra time you can use it, but that's not the only time you can use it.

Snapshot is a HWK buff in disguise 

44 minutes ago, player2072913 said:

Snapshot is a HWK buff in disguise 

No, it can only attack at range 1, and HWK already have 2 dice at range 1...

Edit: Add to the fact that you can't modify your dice... and that you can't attack after... I would not call that a buff, even in disguise...

Edited by muribundi

1 hour ago, shaunmerritt said:

Exactly, for it to trigger... The rest of the card is still a regular run of the mill secondary weapon, there is absolutely nothing on the card that say you can't use it as such.

18 hours ago, muribundi said:

Exactly, for it to trigger... The rest of the card is still a regular run of the mill secondary weapon, there is absolutely nothing on the card that say you can't use it as such.

Right. Snap Shot is a may effect that can trigger after an enemy ship executes a maneuver. In the combat phase you can still choose to fire a secondary weapon with the [Attack:] header.