Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Legion Rules Clarifications FAQ

2 minutes ago, Alathazal said:

My copy of the RRG seems to be missing the bit about being allowed to end its movement early?

D6E57F0A-59D1-4F35-828B-CEBDA7197728.jpeg

Because the bit i quoted is under Speeder X, which I can't post because it's more than 307kb......

Edited by Viktor Tanek

9 hours ago, Alathazal said:

@Viktor Tanek - Oh dear conflicting rules on how to perform a compulsory move... the first update to the RRG is gonna be a doozy!

I'm not sure how. They both state that you can perform a partial move if necessary; a partial move is defined as ending the move at a different point on the movement template. In this case there is a futher restriction: They must end at the farthest point along the template that they can end at. So I'm not sure where any of the conflict lies.

11 hours ago, RavenwolfXIII said:

I'm not sure how. They both state that you can perform a partial move if necessary; a partial move is defined as ending the move at a different point on the movement template. In this case there is a futher restriction: They must end at the farthest point along the template that they can end at. So I'm not sure where any of the conflict lies.

The conflict lies in that compulsory move states you can only make a partial move if it is impossible to make a full move, if the unit leader models base ends at all partially of the table the unit is defeated.  Going off the edge of the battle field is not impossible.

1 hour ago, Alathazal said:

The conflict lies in that compulsory move states you can only make a partial move if it is impossible to make a full move, if the unit leader models base ends at all partially of the table the unit is defeated.  Going off the edge of the battle field is not impossible.

Oh, I see it now. Thanks for the clarification. RAW as I see it, would assume that the Speeder rule would modify compulsory move to allow you to make a partial movie if it would bring you outside the battlefield, but any non-speeder compulsory move would not allow you to.  (Not sure if there are any right now, but in the future).

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

comical bit bout the speeder going off the board...only thing i find is talking about the leader. Nothing about the additional guy....

It wouldn't matter anyway, since you can place it anywhere withing cohesion of the leader. Remember you don't actually have to measure movement for the second speeder bike.

34 minutes ago, RavenwolfXIII said:

It wouldn't matter anyway, since you can place it anywhere withing cohesion of the leader. Remember you don't actually have to measure movement for the second speeder bike.

Really? Thought you had to just to verify the angles n such.

That makes it a lot easier, one of the reason i didnt like speeders was the "must be facing the same way exact" thing often made them slam into each other when they tried to sharp turn.

3 hours ago, Vineheart01 said:

Really? Thought you had to just to verify the angles n such.

That makes it a lot easier, one of the reason i didnt like speeders was the "must be facing the same way exact" thing often made them slam into each other when they tried to sharp turn.

They do still have to face the same way, but not because you have to measure both's movement with the tool.

5 minutes ago, Thornne said:

Here is one. Can Imp play against Imp? If so, who gets to field Vader? Can both have Vader? Same with rebels and Skywalker?

Mirror matches are allowed and both players can use Vader or Luke.

Hi,

We had a discussion on my last game about the engaged rule.

Are Darth Vader or Luke considered as troopers for the melee rule? I thought that Luke could be engaged with troopers using the charge on his second movement but then my friend argued that he could shoot me with his stormtrooper's ranged attack because Luke is not considered a trooper. 

50 minutes ago, Gagnse said:

Hi,

We had a discussion on my last game about the engaged rule.

Are Darth Vader or Luke considered as troopers for the melee rule? I thought that Luke could be engaged with troopers using the charge on his second movement but then my friend argued that he could shoot me with his stormtrooper's ranged attack because Luke is not considered a trooper. 

Take a look right underneath the image on the unit card. That’s where it tells you what type of unit it is (trooper, ground vehicle, etc.). Luke is absolutely a trooper. As a shorthand, for now, everything on a small base is a trooper.