Sign in to follow this  
Attackmack

Confession (Or how I realised how weak I really am...)

Ive been hyped for Legion ever since I saw the first gameplay demo. But for the past 2 months ive tried convincing myself that I really dont need yet another game that I wont have the time to play or even paint, I got too much stuff unpainted already and too little time to play the games I already have now collecting dust on my shelves.

Well at lunchbreak today I figured I would head down to the local gamestore and at least check it out. Maybe buy some paint and a brush or two since my collection is running low, and just...look....at the Legion stuff.

I lost the argument with myself, I mean if I have all these other games anyway, what the problem with just one more? And unpainted minis, please, thats not a real argument to begin with...So im now ready to unbox my Legion Core and extra dice pack :)

I didnt get anything more then that though so I guess its a compromise, but I gotta tell ya....Its hard to resist....FFG and starwars and miniatures.....

Oh well, off to tear the wrap!

Hah yeh, I was in a similar position with too many games purchased in recent months, but after hammering green Horde to completion on the painting front and with a birthday looming I decided to go for it, love the demo videos I have seen, not just need to lock myself away for a month to paint it then find someone to play it with :D

Unfortunately I seem to have gamer friends who are anti dice and anti measurement as gaming mechanisms.

Doh!

I got rid of some other games this past year, even before SW Legion was announced. This is the game I've always wanted, so getting in was an easy decision. 

I had decided, though, to only get a new expansion once I painted what I already have. Then my LGS said "Discount on preorders with core purchase" and I loaded up. I'm weak!

1 minute ago, Darth 2Face said:

I got rid of some other games this past year, even before SW Legion was announced. This is the game I've always wanted, so getting in was an easy decision. 

I had decided, though, to only get a new expansion once I painted what I already have. Then my LGS said "Discount on preorders with core purchase" and I loaded up. I'm weak!

They know us, they know us too well!

About a year and a half ago I decided that rather than collect multiple factions for a single game I was super into, I'd be happier buying a single faction for a bunch of games.  I've overall been pretty happy with the results.

4 minutes ago, LunarSol said:

About a year and a half ago I decided that rather than collect multiple factions for a single game I was super into, I'd be happier buying a single faction for a bunch of games.  I've overall been pretty happy with the results.

I came to the same conclusion, and other than mandatory starter sets (Necromunda) that have factions I'm not interested in, I have been much happier sticking to a single faction.

For all my complaining about this game, I ended up buying two core sets and a Rebel airspeeder. I couldn't help myself. :D

Looking forward to gluing and painting all these guys now, but also a little scared! 

There's too many of them! 

2 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

For all my complaining about this game, I ended up buying two core sets and a Rebel airspeeder. I couldn't help myself. :D

Looking forward to gluing and painting all these guys now, but also a little scared! 

pfffffttt. :P Try telling that to your local 40k tyranid or imperial guard players.... that's a drop the the bucket!

2 hours ago, Kieransi said:

I, uh, may have glued one of my Core sets together in 3.5 hours today so I could make it BACK to the gaming store for the event that was held tonight... That's with cleaning what few mold lines I found (although I'll find more after I prime, which is why I'm glad my primer can be painted on). 

Needless to say, I was the only one there with the core completely assembled.... 

EDIT: I was an Imperial Guard player once upon a time... then I switched to historicals... and may have ended up planning a 100 model Partisan list I hope to have assembles some time this year, sooooo.... yeah.

Edited by Caimheul1313

I said no more games, no way, no.

Then my friends all out in preorders.

I had a core set and dice pack on Pre-Order. Because it’s casual, and all good, and I don’t need to buy more....

**buys a stormtrooper pack here at adepticon, plus some Imperial Terrain. And may be on the lookout for vendors with an AT-ST in stock**