Dash Two

And ... What will you paint first?

2 minutes ago, Dash Two said:

IT's odd.  I have had MONTHS to sort this out for my Rebels and, now, a go time?

Cannot decide

Not that odd, I know which colors I want to use on my Rebel Troopers but I have no idea exactly which order I want to use them in.  Looks like I have a lot of test models in my near future.  At least my Rebels won't look too bad if they don't all match exactly, as long as it is a consistent color scheme

6 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

Not sure how you're planning on doing your Rebel troopers, but if you are going with a Scarif scheme you could always do your T-47's in the blue/gray two-tone that looks so good on F4U Corsairs

Probably a bit of a mismatch of WW2 uniforms/camo patterns. Probably use the helmet colors as the tie in component.

Okay, so, I had absolutely NO INTENT on getting and painting any of this until Battle Droids were available...

...   Not that I could afford it, anyway.

And then...  Delivery out of the blue today.

Someone gifted me the Core, Speeder and ATST...

NOW I HAVE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT TO GODDAMN PAINT FIRST.

Im going to assemble as much as i can beween now and Wed, when my local store has hobby night. Then im going to prime everything where i have a ventilated space and ready advice.

Then ill probably get started on some stormtroopers, since ive never painted anything before!

Also, a question about the speeders, should i prime the troopers seperately from the bikes? Im thinking of just using rebel primer on the bike, and the white primer on the trooper.

im still deciding which side to play.

Im an imperial fanboy through and through, but .... so is everyone else around here. Of the 5 people i know want to play, 4 of them want imps...fml lol.
So do i do Imps anyway and suffer mirror-**** or suck it up and go rebels (admittedly, i can be more creatively free with rebel themes and such)

7 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

im still deciding which side to play.

Im an imperial fanboy through and through, but .... so is everyone else around here. Of the 5 people i know want to play, 4 of them want imps...fml lol.
So do i do Imps anyway and suffer mirror-**** or suck it up and go rebels (admittedly, i can be more creatively free with rebel themes and such)

This is pretty much exactly my thoughts on this too. So I guess I'm gonna do Rebels.

Luckily, my brother and his friends are still teenagers and have significantly less patience for games, so they won't want to paint anything. So I'll still get to paint some Imperial minis if I can convince those guys to play. :)

Luckily, 2 core sets is a great deal and gives me plenty of both factions to paint for now (And can also make two decent 800-point lists, BTW)!

On 3/21/2018 at 2:32 PM, NeonWolf said:

Not sure how you're planning on doing your Rebel troopers, but if you are going with a Scarif scheme you could always do your T-47's in the blue/gray two-tone that looks so good on F4U Corsairs

This was my plan with the airspeeder! 

I stumbled across the dark blue/white/yellow paint scheme when I was looking at pictures of some postwar Corsairs. Tested it on an X-Wing mini (bad picture here, it's actually a bit more blue):

109f6b6f4bcb455ae3beca0a5a3b694a.jpg

Either that or paint it like a "sandspeeder" (which isn't canon to my knowledge, but I think Lego's on to something):

75204-1.jpg?201711240145

On 3/25/2018 at 3:13 PM, ImhotepMagi said:

Well, Vader of course. Just in time for Launch Weekend.

vaderBP.jpg

Excellent work. Where is the lightsaber rod from?

Edit (duplicate post) :Me and my younger brother started on the stormtroopers today. Ive made a thread in the painting sub forum

Edited by Alan Noir
Duplicate