jconway2002

Are the Imperial Assault characters and stories considered canon?

8 hours ago, LegoMech said:

Not the first instance.  Aayla Secura was a comic character in the extended universe first, but Lucas liked her design so much he added her in the prequels.

As well as Quinlan Vos (not seen in episode III, but mentioned by Obi-Wan as "Master Vos" during a discussion with Anakin in the temple, though it could be another "Master Vos", but I think I saw somewhere that it was supposed to be Quinlan Vos)

Also I think Quinlan Vos was portrayed after a character we see in the back ground on Mos Espa in episode I (although this is the other way around : a background character in the movie getting developed in the comic books)

38 minutes ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

As well as Quinlan Vos (not seen in episode III, but mentioned by Obi-Wan as "Master Vos" during a discussion with Anakin in the temple, though it could be another "Master Vos", but I think I saw somewhere that it was supposed to be Quinlan Vos)

Also I think Quinlan Vos was portrayed after a character we see in the back ground on Mos Espa in episode I (although this is the other way around : a background character in the movie getting developed in the comic books)

Image result for quinlan vos

Kinda hard to see, but yep.  He's the dude with the eye paint sitting in the background between Anakin and Jar Jar.  Rude of him not to say "hi" to Qui Gon!

Basically, people really liked his character design (you may not know this, but Star Wars fans obsess over every frame and detail in the movies :P).  So there was a lot of fan fiction and speculation written about him, and I think the comics brought him into Legends while his appearance in The Clone Wars cements him in canon.

5 hours ago, Collins said:

surely if the Disney marker is on the box or blister pack it is now considered cannon. AKA yes, IA is cannon.

That marker doesn't mean anything other than that Disney wants to make money off of the product being sold! :)

Edited by rbaker1978
Spelling

17 hours ago, ManateeX said:

From what I understand the TIE Defender plays a bit of a featured role in Rebels, and that was a ship designed for the old 90's TIE Fighter game just so that you'd have something strong to upgrade to.  Goes to show that you just never know what they're going to pull in!

Edit: It also goes to show that 90's video game developers had terrible, terrible ship design skills :P

You shut your mouth! That ship was awesome and I loved flying it. 

They probably wouldn't have wanted to make them canon even if it was possible, since all the heroes in IA are basically dimensional time travellers that have all somehow participated in the battle of Yavin, the battle of Hoth, fought Jabba the Hutt, fought alongside Ahsoka, Maul, and Obi-Wan, and liberated an Imperial controlled Bespin.