Sign in to follow this  
General Kenobi's Chicken

This is the droid we are looking for.

Over my morning coffee, it occurred to me just how this game was on the verge of greatness for casual X-wing players. From the looks of it, though, we have no K-2SO crew or pilot on the horizon. Actually, there's no horizon. K is without a doubt one of the most important characters in RO, and probably one of the brightest stars in the entire franchise. It appears, unfortunately, that the designers cannot run their own diagnostics, thankyouverymuch, or they would have seen this horrible flaw in the game moving forward. We, the casual players, don't need a manifesto nor a statement. We need a card.

Do I think anyone is listening?

1 minute ago, General Kenobi's Chicken said:

Over my morning coffee, it occurred to me just how this game was on the verge of greatness for casual X-wing players. From the looks of it, though, we have no K-2SO crew or pilot on the horizon. Actually, there's no horizon. K is without a doubt one of the most important characters in RO, and probably one of the brightest stars in the entire franchise. It appears, unfortunately, that the designers cannot run their own diagnostics, thankyouverymuch, or they would have seen this horrible flaw in the game moving forward. We, the casual players, don't need a manifesto nor a statement. We need a card.

Do I think anyone is listening?

Well, we have just seen a Rogue One themed announcement.  Who knows what the future might bring?

(I find that answer vague and unconvincing)

6 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

I prefer to live in a universe where the Hammerhead Corvette has already been announced with K2-SO crew.  And a Flappy Blue Squadron X-wing with Antoc Merrick.  And 4 copies of all the X-wing fix cards.  And a reprint of Horton Salm with an EPTAnd a pony.

Would you like to know the probability of K-2SO coming in the Zeta-class Cargo Shuttle expansion pack?

(It's high.  It's very high).

Edited by FTS Gecko

15 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Would you like to know the probability of K-2SO coming in the Zeta-class Cargo Shuttle expansion pack?

Yeah, but will it be anytime soon??  Like next wave??

(There is a ninty-seven point six percent chance of failure.)

Edited by Darth Meanie

14 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Yeah, but will it be anytime soon??  Like next wave??

(There is a ninty-seven point six percent chance of failure.)

I honestly doubt it. They would have put it in the spread, people are dying of anticipation for it

not me... I can survive no news.

Saws expac spoiler had a bizarre array of cards, like five ps 1 xwings despite only having three small bases in the expac

And two uwing bases, ie FOUR pilots, but only two Uwing pilot cards

Two ps 1 xwings are on the same spread as the two U pilots. It should be four U pilots and six Xwings 

We are owed two more Us, so keep your fingers crossed

Edited by ficklegreendice

5 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

He grabs enemy missiles and flings them back at the shooter. 

There were a lot of explosions for two people "blending in."

THE QUOTES GO IN 8-POINT FONT!

And there's a fresh one coming if you do that again.

Edited by Darth Meanie

Hahaha love all the K2-SO lines. And agreed he's the best new character from that movie for me just barely beating out Chirrut, who actually also needs a character card haha.

Being that they missed two I'm hoping they get released with that cargo shuttle, would be cool to have a tanky ship that can be stealthy like Ashoka or set up in your opponents area and drop cargo tiles. 

But back to the point I would love to see K2-SO with:

K2-SO 

When a friendly ship at range 1-2 would take damage you may discard this card to cancel two hits or one critical hit. 

Cost 1

or 

When you take damage from an attack you can discard this card to deal 1 facedown damage card to the attacker.

Cost 1

And while we're at it, how about something for Chirrut that helps out the terrible Baze card?

Chirrut Imwe

You may perform primary weapon attacks outside of your firing arc if you choose to roll one attack die only.  The defender cannot modify their Defense dice against this attack.  

Cost 1

K-2SO was kind of a decent pilot, avoiding a fatal collision in Eadu, and also avoiding the debris of Jedha.

K-2SO (pilot)
When performing a maneuver, if you were to overlap an obstacle or another ship, you may choose a different maneuver in your dial and execute that one instead.

On foot, his specialty was strategic analysis, oneliners, and infiltrating the Imperial systems and copying other droids' memories.

K-2SO (crew) Front
Dual Card
After the Place Forces step, choose either a pilot card or an upgrade card that represents a droid, or a system or tech upgrade card, among those in the enemy squad. Treat this upgrade card as having that card's ability text for the rest of the game.

K-2SO (crew) Back
Dual Card
At the beginning of the Activation phase you may guess aloud how many enemy ships will have you in their arc by the end of that phase. If you guessed right, you may perform a free focus, evade, boost, or barrel roll action.

So if your opponent is imperial, you can copy their fire control system, their advanced optics, comm relay, etc.
If scumm or rebel, there are plenty of droids to copy. R2-D2, R2 Astromech, R5-P9, Flight Assist Astromech, Unhinged Astromech, R4 Agromech... 
If there is nothing really interesting, then you play the other side of this dual card. A good guess lets you do an action at PS 14, so to speak.

Edited by Azrapse

6 hours ago, Azrapse said:

K-2SO was kind of a decent pilot, avoiding a fatal collision in Eadu, and also avoiding the debris of Jedha.

K-2SO (pilot)
When performing a maneuver, if you were to overlap an obstacle or another ship, you may choose a different maneuver in your dial and execute that one instead.

On foot, his specialty was strategic analysis, oneliners, and infiltrating the Imperial systems and copying other droids' memories.

K-2SO (crew) Front
Dual Card
After the Place Forces step, choose either a pilot card or a crew upgrade card that represents a droid, or a system or tech upgrade card, among those in the enemy squad. Treat this upgrade card as having that card's ability text for the rest of the game.

K-2SO (crew) Back
Dual Card
At the beginning of the Activation phase you may guess aloud how many enemy ships will have you in their arc by the end of that phase. If you guessed right, you may perform a free focus, evade, boost, or barrel roll action.

So if your opponent is imperial, you can copy their fire control system, their advanced optics, comm relay, etc.
If scumm or rebel, there are plenty of droids to copy. R2-D2, R2 Astromech, R5-P9, Flight Assist Astromech, Unhinged Astromech, R4 Agromech... 
If there is nothing really interesting, then you play the other side of this dual card. A good guess lets you do an action at PS 14, so to speak.

These are really good. Also, one of his greatest contributions to the cause was providing his fellow rebels more time by sacrificing himself. I was thinking something along the lines of "At the start of the activation phase, all friendly ships have a pilot skill of twelve until the end of the round. During the combat phase, when attacking, you may turn one blank into a [crit]. Then discard this card."

1 hour ago, General Kenobi's Chicken said:

These are really good. Also, one of his greatest contributions to the cause was providing his fellow rebels more time by sacrificing himself. I was thinking something along the lines of "At the start of the activation phase, all friendly ships have a pilot skill of twelve until the end of the round. During the combat phase, when attacking, you may turn one blank into a [crit]. Then discard this card."

I don't think this is a good idea because there is already a rebel version of this card in epic that does the exact same thing except it doesn't do the dice mod stuff, if this were the case, poor Carlist Rieekan would be obsolete

31 minutes ago, CMDR Ytterium said:

I don't think this is a good idea because there is already a rebel version of this card in epic that does the exact same thing except it doesn't do the dice mod stuff, if this were the case, poor Carlist Rieekan would be obsolete

Oh wow--you are right. Ok. Scratch that. Interesting: both characters "buy more time" for the rebellion. I was thinking along the lines of how this would translate into the game. Moving last as more time.

On 3/19/2018 at 11:17 AM, Timathius said:

I honestly doubt it. They would have put it in the spread, people are dying of anticipation for it

not me... I can survive no news.

Let's see...if people are dying for it, taking into account the timetable for the gunboat... carry the two... we should see the cargo shuttle in about 4 years, two months and 25 days.

Edited by weisguy119

The more Rogue One content, the happier I am. Kaytoo takes priority, but I'd like to have the K2 series as an imperial-only crew option as well, sort of what Scum has in K4 droids...

Congratulations. You're a rebel now!