Wolfstan

Further expansions

11 minutes ago, Ken on Cape said:

How about a rebel ewok on a speeder bike expansion?  Was in the movie LOL

nah its an upgrade to the ewok scout unit... if you defeat a speeder bike in close combat you may replace one of your ewoks with a ewok on speeder model.  This model is now counted as a separate unit for all purposes 

Edited by slasher956

Lots of potential for the still in revealed special forces unit type. I could see this incorporating solo characters who don't fit the commander role (Chewbacca, for example) as well as smaller specialized units (like a 3-man mortar team). I also wouldn't be surprised to see the special forces label include new unit attachment for existing units that move plans attack either as part of the unit or on their own. 

On 19/03/2018 at 8:17 AM, Ken on Cape said:

Don't forget Ewoks, and Gunguns.  ;)

My biggest frustration with IA is that we did not have the ewoks, we had javas, but no ewoks? 
I hope the Legion corrects this injustice.

22 minutes ago, pkreynolds said:

Lots of potential for the still in revealed special forces unit type. I could see this incorporating solo characters who don't fit the commander role (Chewbacca, for example) as well as smaller specialized units (like a 3-man mortar team). I also wouldn't be surprised to see the special forces label include new unit attachment for existing units that move plans attack either as part of the unit or on their own. 

Personally I think of a mortar as more of a "Support" unit. I do otherwise agree with your take on Special Forces though.

5 minutes ago, Belvasques said:

My biggest frustration with IA is that we did not have the ewoks, we had javas, but no ewoks? 

Well they are pretty much all in on the Endor battle theme with speeder bikes, AT-STs and rebel troopers in jungle camo, so I'd think a unit of ewoks is definitely a possibility. It also helps that Legion has fairly robust rules for melee brawls.

13 minutes ago, pkreynolds said:

Well they are pretty much all in on the Endor battle theme with speeder bikes, AT-STs and rebel troopers in jungle camo, so I'd think a unit of ewoks is definitely a possibility. It also helps that Legion has fairly robust rules for melee brawls.

I agree.

12 minutes ago, pkreynolds said:

And Snowtroopers and Fleet troopers? I think they were more going for a theme for the Core set, or went with the most iconic units first. (All of our favourites are here .... and the AT-RT is here too!)

1 hour ago, Belvasques said:

Yes, we know the Star Wars universe has Java from Episode 2.  ;)     Sorry, could'nt resist.  Cup of Joe, AKA Java

Edited by Ken on Cape

18 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

@ricoratso To be fair, the multi-generational battles can make sense with a little creative thinking. Empire vs Droids: Droids still fighting the last war. Rebels vs Droids: Rebels checking old Separatist base for supplies and Droids are still active. Empire vs Clones: Clones that didn't get the Order 66 signal because reasons. Cones vs Rebels: Either Imperial unit that hasn't gotten updated equipment yet, possibly led by fallen Jedi. Or just enjoy the game and stop worrying, like when historical gamers pit historically allied forces against each other.;)

Sorry, I'm not sure if my comment came off negative, but I was saying I have no problem with the not-canon faction battles there could be. I understand that there could be clones or droids against rebels and Imperial units, that's what I want to see. That would be super cool. I feel like what I said made it seem like I was opposed to the more factions fighting against different eras, but I am absolutely down for it. 

18 hours ago, buckero0 said:

I would rather they keep it smaller, you can always play whatever scale you want but for the sake of pickup games and tournament play keep it at 800pts so you can play a game in 90min. This is one of the downfalls of armada, is the setup and play time are so laborious.

I understand that the game should be kept rather small, and I have no problem with smaller point values. What I meant was the prequels had large scale wars, so if they come out and a larger point base system was implemented, rather than the 800 point limit, then I would love that as well. I personally would prefer the large scale battles with tons of troops and vehicles, but I can totally see the people that don't want it. 

I mean honestly if Clones and Droids came out they could still have small 800 point battles. In one of the first few episodes of The Clone Wars (Rookies), a small band of clones led by Captain Rex and Commander Cody have to fight off a small force of Droid commandos with a few rookie clones. That would be a smaller force but still utilizing the prequel era material.

If you haven't noticed by now, I am somewhat of a bigger fan of the the prequel era than the GCW. Not saying the I like the movies better, but in the sense that I would like to see them more represented in media such as Legion.

2 hours ago, ricoratso said:

I understand that the game should be kept rather small, and I have no problem with smaller point values. What I meant was the prequels had large scale wars, so if they come out and a larger point base system was implemented, rather than the 800 point limit, then I would love that as well. I personally would prefer the large scale battles with tons of troops and vehicles, but I can totally see the people that don't want it. 

I mean honestly if Clones and Droids came out they could still have small 800 point battles. In one of the first few episodes of The Clone Wars (Rookies), a small band of clones led by Captain Rex and Commander Cody have to fight off a small force of Droid commandos with a few rookie clones. That would be a smaller force but still utilizing the prequel era material.

If you haven't noticed by now, I am somewhat of a bigger fan of the the prequel era than the GCW. Not saying the I like the movies better, but in the sense that I would like to see them more represented in media such as Legion.

I think that the truly great thing about legion is that right now, both sides are correct - Yes, smaller armies is great for pick up and play, but if you have the time and resources, playing giant battle taking hours is clearly also supported by the system.  Just do what you want, so long as you find another player willing to do it with you!

@ricoratso  I didn't think you were being negative, I was just providing possible explanations. I've been DMing for a few years now so have gotten decent and improving motivations of weird things. You had mentioned that you understood how some people might resist the generational fighting, which I treated as a creative writing prompt :).