DerekDeath

A viable firespray list? Ft. Boba and Asajj

So I may be fighting a loosing battle here, but I am thinking about what to take to a regional at the end of the month and I would love to bring my man Boba the Fett! I have had some good results recently with fast boosting large bases on the tables as they are great at avoiding harpoon jousts by leapfrogging into range 1. So here we go:

Boba Fett (Scum) — Firespray-31    39
Push the Limit    3
Maul    3
Bomblet Generator    3
Engine Upgrade    4
Andrasta    0

Ship Total: 52

Asajj Ventress — Lancer-class Pursuit Craft    37
Push the Limit    3
Latts Razzi    2
Glitterstim    2
Engine Upgrade    4

Ship Total: 48

Asajj is a fairly typical build, just with the engine upgrade. Boba has push the limit for the action economy and Maul to hopefully remove the stress and keep the dial open. Both ships should be quite tanky with boba getting defensive re-rolls at range one and both should hit hard. They can both token up with evade and focus and can get passive modifications to push damage through (may be convinced to run lone wolf on asajj but I think they would prefer to stick together) Is it worth taking to a high level event?

Assaj has been done. Bring him with Nym, two ps10s with harpoons ;)

disclaimer, your list is probably better.

Maul is very good on the ‘spray for the reasons you describe. I’d be tempted to swap ptl for fearlessness just so you can get the second load of stims on Assaj.

1 minute ago, Estarriol said:

Maul is very good on the ‘spray for the reasons you describe. I’d be tempted to swap ptl for fearlessness just so you can get the second load of stims on Assaj.

I agree with this. The Firespray's dial has a somewhat limited selection of green maneuvers, which could make shedding tell stress from Maul and PTL tricky.....and Assaj will definitely benefit from having a second dose of 'stims on hand.

These 2 seem like a great pairing! I would personally not put EU on Asajj, and give her more Glitter.

I could see VI being good on Boba, to better plan his boost. Though Maul/PTL would be fun, and nets you a focus token. 

However, if you want to stay at PS8 but get more actions, Expertise would probably be best. It counters Fenn, leaves you free to Boost or Evade, Range 1 gets you your rerolls, and you never take stress if you don't want. Plus, you have a free crew slot. I think it saves you points and gives you more room to be adaptable and effective. You could have Outlaw Tech to help stay effective after a red, HotCop to set up Asajj, or Cad Bane to make the bomblets hot.

This list won the MD Regionals this year

Asajj Ventress + Veteran Instincts + Latts Razzi + Glitterstim + Glitterstim + Shadow Caster + Counter-measures (50)

Boba Fett + Fearlessness + Hotshot Co-pilot + Glitterstim + Engine Upgrade (50)

On 21/03/2018 at 3:41 AM, Bad Luck 13 said:

This list won the MD Regionals this year

Asajj Ventress + Veteran Instincts + Latts Razzi + Glitterstim + Glitterstim + Shadow Caster + Counter-measures (50)

Boba Fett + Fearlessness + Hotshot Co-pilot + Glitterstim + Engine Upgrade (50)

I started a thread similar to this on reddit this week and the guy who won regionals with this list suggested it and it was an absolute blast. 

Boba had at least two turn with five hits and Asajj is very hard to hit considering all the things he can do to mod dice.

Doesn't Maul turn off Expertise once activated? So if you re rolled into an eyeball, you are then stressed and expertise cant flip it. Then the shot misses and the stress stays.  Also, with the PTL, your action economy would turn off Maul before it could be activated. So you would need to hit without usong Maul's rerolls to remove one stress. Seems like multiple ways of achieving the same level of modification, and none that really stack very well.  And all seem to be open to being shutndown via stress which is popular. Not sure what the best answer is, but it seems Maul dosent mesh well with expertise or PTL. Maybe VI is thr best call with him?