Sign in to follow this  
NicoDavout

So they have found BX-666 commando droid and took him aboard...

On the last session I had only two players so I came up with a side adventure for my AoR campaign. Basing on the Rogue Seven Down short adventure from SW SAGA I created search & rescue adventure during which my PCs have encountered a lone BX-666 commando droid who was living for the last 15 years on a uninhabited planet after his capital ship crashed there. Anyway they tried to convince him (his quirky alright now) to join the rebellion, the dice told us that YES, BUT ... they have to help him with his last mission. The session ended and I hoped that on the next session the lost player will show up and I can continue with my campaign, but probably I have to carry on with the side story I made up. Unfortunately my head is empty this weekend and I need some adventure seed, nothing more, idea - what kind of interesting last mission the droid could have that would be still valid after 15 years - for two PCs that are pilot/scoundrel (sullustan) + saboteur (jawa). Thx and sex in advance!

Edited by NicoDavout

How is the droid maintaining itself alone on an uninhabited planet?  How about power?  Surely the planet isn't as uninhabited as the droid proclaims and is hiding ...  "something."

"Something" could be something fun like the wreckage of his ship, with the final mission being to arm the self destruct sequence to destroy the MacGuffin contained within.  

Or maybe the long years without maintenance and regular recharges has left the droid a little crazy, ala Mr. Bones.  Maybe that final mission is to "get even" with a paranoid delusion.  

On 3/17/2018 at 11:51 AM, NicoDavout said:

BX-666 commando droid who was living for the last 15 years on a uninhabited planet after his capital ship crashed there. Anyway they tried to convince him (his quirky alright now) to join the rebellion, the dice told us that YES, BUT ... they have to help him with his last mission. 

On 3/17/2018 at 4:56 PM, themensch said:

Or maybe the long years without maintenance and regular recharges has left the droid a little crazy, ala Mr. Bones. 

Nice! Check this out

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/N1-ZX

This would be such a fun PC to play

Edited by Mychal'el

Thanks all for the tips. In the end I went with this: The droid was part of the captain Rel Harsol command who was supposed to join the latter in his flight at the end of the Clone Wars. Before that he [along with his capital shi`p] were ordered to pick up some scientists from a secret installation and Harsol was going to send the msg with coordinates where to meet him there. Just they never got there as they were shot down by the Empire. Now, 16 years later the droid got so crazy that he wants to go there and find out Harsol. The secret CIS lab is inside an asteroid field, but when they get there black ops mercs from a cybernetic company arrive too looking for info about Cratala's research. The team has to navigate through the asteroid base, evade mercs (as the landed in the secondary hangar), find Harsol's msg and escape. Unfortunately the msg got corrupted, but they know that Harsol may be alive.

On 17.3.2018 at 7:51 PM, NicoDavout said:

what kind of interesting last mission the droid could have that would be still valid after 15 years

Maybe a silly idea, but why has the mission to be still valid? It can also be very interesting if the mission can't be completed anymore. The players have then to come up with good arguments, that the mission can't be accomplished anymore, even try the mission, to show him "see? you can't do it anymore!" or even fake the whole mission so his program "believes", that he has completed it.

There are some examples in the pathfinder iron gods adventure path, like a space ship that crashed 9000 years ago, with robots still guarding the long rotten remains of the crew, or a ghost, which can come to rest, when his wife (that passed away decades ago) forgives him (a player could disguise as his wife)...