Dieshe

Looking for Tips for first Skirmish List

Hi,

I am new to Imperial Assault and got the base box. Now I am planning to build a first skirmish list.

Best would be to have one list for each faction but 2 factions (lists) would be ok for the beginning.

Can someone give me some tips? I would buy a few more boxes or extensions but not many. I would like to reuse the cards contained in the basic set.

It does not need to be a tournament winner list but an ok list that is fun and stong and can be extended to a tournament list.

I hope someone can help me, thanks

Dieshe

Edited by Dieshe

Few things, first, what do you want to run? If you want to run Empire, you can build a decent Vader list by buying Heart of the Empire and Palpatine. For that you could run Vader (w/ Driven by Hatred), Palpatine, ATDP, elite Riot Troopers, imperial officer and some 1 point upgrade. If you like Rebels you can buy Han/Chewie and Heart of the Empire and you could have cool lists. If you want to run Mercenary, buy Jabba's Palace and you have a decent list. 

Edited by hypnosis11

Unfortunately a lot of the content in the base box is a little outdated if you are looking to be competitive. Not that you can't have a good time with it. Budget wise what are you looking at getting if anything? That would probably help us piece together a decent list for you.

Jabba's Realm is a must have for Mercs. Heart of the Empire is a must for Empire. R2-D2 and 3PO are a must for Mercs and Rebels. For Rebels 1-3 Smugglers and 1-2 sets of Rangers are excellent, too. For Mercs, I would add IG-88 and a Jawa to The list.

well, you can make a list to play but you may not have all the figures you'd want.  Unfortunately the deployment cards are there for a bunch of guys but no figures (Han, Chewie, Rebel Sabs and Troopers, etc)

Imperial or Mercenary are the easiest to make from just the core alone

1 devious scheme

7 Trandoshans

10 eTrandoshans

4 regular Nexu

4 regular nexu

1Temp Alliance

3 Gideon

10 Luke

Empire lists start with Vader, Driven by Hatred, Rule by Fear, 2 x Regular Officer (Unshakable). This is a lot of investment for just some cards, try ebay. The rest of The list may be rJets, eJets, eRiots, eSentries.

Rebels always start with Gideon and 3PO. I always add R2 OR Chopper. I always have at least one Smuggler and most often Rebel High Command. Hera is a good addition, too, but no must. I always have 1 set of eRangers. Add either Han Solo (Rogue Smuggler), Jedi Luke or my personal favorite a second set of Rangers. Add more Smuggler to get to 40 points. Balance of the Force and On a diplomatic Mission can be great adds, too, but no must either.

Mercs also always start with Gideon and 3PO. Then it's 1-2 set(s) of eWeequays, IG-88 plus fix, rHired Guns, and then any mix of Greedo and everything elite or unique in Jabba's Realm.

Command Cards depend so much on your actual list/ figures to just call out, but read this thread for some good advice. 

And also the long thread with reports from Regionals is excellent for command deck ideas.