Sign in to follow this  
LordBlunt

How would you counter this card?

After reading the Scorpion Meta thread, I think it might help all of us (from noobs to accomplished Hatomotos to anything in betwee) to bounce off ideas with another so that we can better deal with some of the cards that are just killing us in our matches. There have been several threads by various posters who have posted effective strategies, so I’m hopibg this thread might follow their lead. 

Ok, I’d like to begin this thread with Core Provinces-

As a player, I’ve had some of the most engaging and sometimes heated conversations with my gaming group concerning these Provinces and their effectiveness. Restoration of Balance of Dragon, Cache of Scorpion, Art of War (typically not a hot conversational topic, IMO), Endless Plains of Unicorn, and the Crane one that I keep forgetting the title of. 

While there are many ways to counter each, I would suggest to bid low for the early rounds against Dragon prior to flipping over Restoration, or Unicorn splash that might work for most decks in order to include Wayfinders, and to attach any Attachments and use spells if able prior to attacking.

Secret Cache would minimize your “damage” if you are to break it after you flip it over, but then that goes without saying vs most of Scorpion’s Provinces. Also, once again Unicorn Wayfinders would come in really handy here again. I like using Crab splash in order to include the Pathfinder Blade, which can also be a good suggestion for Restoration above. 

Anyone else?? ?

The Crane province is The Art of Peace. Mostly just avoid breaking it, which is pretty easy since it's a 4. If you're committed to breaking it maybe choose fire so you can offset the damage.

Cache avoid attacking after you know where it is. Shameful, Pilgrimage, and whatever Fire they're running are probably less annoying than giving Scorpion free cards.

Haven't played Lion in a while, but I think they mostly started swapping Art of War for Feast or Famine.

Endless Plains is why you never attack Unicorn with anything important until you find a safe province. Though to an extent I think Unicorn have abandoned it in favor of other Water provinces.

You mostly covered Restoration. Though I think I'd rather risk discarding a card I can't currently use over playing an attachment prematurely.

Is there honestly a single successful Crane deck that has run Art of Peace? I certainly don't recall seeing it in any lists that have made the cut at a Kotei.

Art of War is still very playable. Lion like to be tempo-based, and a back line of Art of War/Shameful/Feast or Famine/Fertile Fields certainly allows that.

13 hours ago, Hinomura said:

Is there honestly a single successful Crane deck that has run Art of Peace? I certainly don't recall seeing it in any lists that have made the cut at a Kotei.

You obviously haven't seen my Crane Honor build, Mark. 

Edited by FunTimeTeddy
;)

On 3/18/2018 at 8:26 AM, Hinomura said:

We obviously have different definitions of successful, Kevin ;)

In fairness if he managed to build a legal deck using it than it was successful, now as to tournament performance that is an entirely different animal.