Velvetelvis

A wrinkle in time. Is hands down.the worst movie I have ever wasted time watching.

I don't even like him but I dislike the media bias against him more, one day he`'ll mess up big but because they've attacked him daily over any insignificant thing no ones going to care.

Ironically people voted for Obama hoping for change and got 8 years of the same old crap, trump comes along and unemployment drops, business picks up, North Korea is willing to talk about disarmament and he destroyed isis.

Not that msm would admit It, but year 1 was pretty succesful.

On 3/17/2018 at 7:26 PM, Hobojebus said:

I don't even like him but I dislike the media bias against him more, one day he`'ll mess up big but because they've attacked him daily over any insignificant thing no ones going to care.

Ironically people voted for Obama hoping for change and got 8 years of the same old crap, trump comes along and unemployment drops, business picks up, North Korea is willing to talk about disarmament and he destroyed isis.

There is so much horseshite in this post that I don’t even know where to start. Whatever sources of information you are currently using should be excised from your life like a rancid, cancerous boil.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:26 AM, Hobojebus said:

Still no wall tough. Were's that wall at, huh? :D

That was year one, year two is the one with the trade wars and that's only if A) he doesn't start WWIII and or B) The Korea's unite and attack the US because they hate Trump more than Kim.

The country almost went broke again, kids can still by frikkin assault weapons, so more buisness as usual.

13 hours ago, Robin Graves said:

That was year one, year two is the one with the trade wars and that's only if A) he doesn't start WWIII and or B) The Korea's unite and attack the US because they hate Trump more than Kim.

The Korea's aren't going to attack the US.  No one is going to attack the US.  It's the other way around.

49 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

The Korea's aren't going to attack the US.  No one is going to attack the US.  It's the other way around.

They are recognised as the no.1 threat to world peace.

Though Canada really does need to be annexed to stop communism attacking from the north, remember what liberty prime says kids better dead than red!

It's like this...

The first eh 20 minutes or so is actually ok. Characters established well enough. There's a tension building. I felt ready for things to happen and to go on the ride.

But then there' no ride. At all.

The rest of the entire movie is canto bright. Everything that happens is completely.meaningless.

There' A lot of " we have to go do XYZ" but then XYZ doesn' get done or fails ,but that ok, because it never needed to happen after all.

And you are rewarded at the end with zero resolution to any of the story setups. They just ALL weren' needed after all.

That' as nicely as I can put it.

1 hour ago, Hobojebus said:

Though Canada really does need to be annexed to stop communism attacking from the north, remember what liberty prime says kids better dead than red!

Honestly, you'd be doing us a favour. At the very least force a regime change. 

@Velvetelvis, thanks. That's interesting - good to know. Given some of the content of this thread, I was wondering if the reason people were disliking this movie was mostly political, sounds like it's actually genuinely just not good. I guess I'm not really surprised though - the book has kind of an unusual tone that I'm not really sure can be conveyed on screen. 

Too bad. I kinda liked the book. These books never really got the credit they deserved - much better than Harry Potter IMO. 

Edited by Kieransi

Yeah I remembr liking the book as a kid. This is definitely not that.

As far as the politics goes, the movie is so pointless it doesn't even have a crappy political message. It's oddly racist I guess in a way. There's only 2 white people that are in it, and they are portrayed as incompetent. Maybe that's what they are on about. I didn't notice any Koreans or funny presidents in it.

10 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

pic3884550.jpg

Oh wait this thing is out of print. :)

But you are right, Trump would declare war on everyone else.*

* If I'm honest so would I, just to see how that would play out.

9 hours ago, Hobojebus said:

Though Canada really does need to be annexed to stop communism attacking from the north,

Or the Brittish... wait I'm getting real history and Deadlands history mixed up again.

1 hour ago, Robin Graves said:

pic3884550.jpg

Hey, serious question.

Have you ever played that game? My dad has the original Milton Bradley Axis and Allies, which we've played together every vacation since I was about 8. There's an ad for this on the side - I always thought it looked fun!