Sign in to follow this  
GrandSpleen

Get your 'favorite quest type X' poll here!

Link to poll here.

Just a random poll to kill some time and spur some discussion.  The questions are all about favorite quests.  The 5 questions cover quests with:

-Spiders

-Random or otherwise non-linear quest cards

-Captives

-Large battles

-Multiple staging areas for players (not including Flight of the Storm Caller or Race Across Harad)

Well?  Go take it!

Sent!

For some it was a default answer since I don't really like any of those quest (captive or spider) but for the three others it was hard to say what is the best. I don't even select battle of the five armies, one of my favorite quest of the game for any of the two categories it fit into :x

I can't submit, I have only done 8 quests so far! I am like an Ent.  It takes me a really long time to quest, so I only quest when it is worth taking a really long time to do it.

last part is in jest

edit: I have actually done 14 quests, forgot the hobbit sagas

Edited by Ywingscum

I realized I accidentally left Attack on Dol Guldur and Siege of Annuminas off of a couple of categories where they would have fit. Oops!

Anyway, my answers:
Spider quest: Flies & Spiders, I still look back on the Hobbit boxes very fondly.

Large scale battle: The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, for its many memorable moments.

Multiple staging areas: Fog on the Barrow-downs, cool theme, good memories from the original Fellowship event, and getting your own staging area in this quest is more of an "oh crap" moment than other quests like this.

Randomized/non-linear quest cards: The Battle of Five Armies, such a neat and unique mechanic.

Rescue theme: Escape from Mount Gram.  This was probably the hardest one for simply because none of them really stand out.

About spider I prefer return to mirkwood with a unique threat issue that you need to deal with. I'm more into the nightmare version though

Multiple staging area: I prefer both breaking of the fellowship and foundation of stone.

Large Scale battle: agree

Randomized: ruin of belegost is really great about having a different experience. In battle of five armies we almost do the same thing

Rescue: I don't remember mount gram being that hard. Not in his normal version though. I think escape from dol guldur is my best experience of being captured. Some rescue quest (encounter at amon din, dongeon of cirith ungol) don't fit well in this category to me.