Sign in to follow this  
Emilius

Home Is Behind, The World Ahead!

God that 4p map looks amazing... Even for solo play, plenty of room to take over the table for those more complicated quests that require more real estate. I'm looking at you, Blood of Gondor.

Not a fan of them reprinting the Fellowship event mats. Being part of the event made them feel special. I guess they will start reprinting the championship mats for their other LCGs? Just without the "Champion" written on it?

I do really dig The Hobbit mat though. I will definitely have to grab that one!

52 minutes ago, XCoconutMonkey06X said:

Not a fan of them reprinting the Fellowship event mats. Being part of the event made them feel special. I guess they will start reprinting the championship mats for their other LCGs? Just without the "Champion" written on it?

I have to agree with this one.  I'm glad they made a big mat, but it does take away from the "specialness" of the Fellowship mat.

Haha honestly don't care if my mat is exclusive or not.  Go ahead and re-print fellowship mats, if you ask me.

BUT I suspect they will remove the words "Fellowship event" from each of the re-printed mats.  Check your existing mat, it says Fellowship event + date on there.  The new ones may not (and from the images, they don't).

Edited by GrandSpleen

Ooh, that big mat is cool, even though I already have the fellowship mat. The size of it is quite appealing. Minor annoyance: The encounter discard pile to the left of the encounter deck? Both Quest and Active to the right of that? And then finally the Active location to the right of the Quest?? What the... O_o I do the exact opposite for my setups haha (I do Active, Quest, Encounter Deck, Encounter Discard). I could do without the outlines mucking up the art. ;)

Finally! Thank you so much FFG!

I'm really excited for the four player staging area mat.

2 hours ago, soullos said:

Ooh, that big mat is cool, even though I already have the fellowship mat. The size of it is quite appealing. Minor annoyance: The encounter discard pile to the left of the encounter deck? Both Quest and Active to the right of that? And then finally the Active location to the right of the Quest?? What the... O_o I do the exact opposite for my setups haha (I do Active, Quest, Encounter Deck, Encounter Discard).

I do the same setup, except for the active being below the quest deck. It shouldn't be too hard to switch the places since there will be cards over the labels.

5 hours ago, soullos said:

Ooh, that big mat is cool, even though I already have the fellowship mat. The size of it is quite appealing. Minor annoyance: The encounter discard pile to the left of the encounter deck? Both Quest and Active to the right of that? And then finally the Active location to the right of the Quest?? What the... O_o I do the exact opposite for my setups haha (I do Active, Quest, Encounter Deck, Encounter Discard). I could do without the outlines mucking up the art. ;)

That awkward moment when you sit down 4-player and the other players use a different configuration than you do.

Yea I've got the core game and first cycle, great game lots of fun to play. I keep re playing the first cycle with new people and they have all loved it. It is a bit hard to find old product right now though. I like to play them in order, so I need to start hunting down and slowly building up the next cycle.

This four player mat is awesome though, great design. Why not do something like this sooner? Like, I know this game is popular but it has to be nearing the end of its life cycle for content. Unless they are planning something with the newly announced MiddleEarth based TV series?

Is anyone thinking of pooling some orders to reduce shipment cost to Europe (even better to Belgium, Netherlands or Switzerland).
I like the mats but shipping in stuff from the US is usually not worth the cost unless the order goes over 100$.