Browncoat50

Flight assisted Pilots

7 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

Great stuff, obviously the Miranda version is (far, far, far) superior to the U=Wing version, by virtue of mobility, regen, TLT and Harpoons, but it's great to see the wishbones doing well!

I'm in awe of that second placed list.  Ten Numb!

Part of the reason this list does so well is that it holds MOV really well. On average, I expect to lose one of the Y-wings. The FAA allows it to joust and take a beating, then zip past, boost/BR, drop the payload and then run with a mini-slam at 1-2 hp. Miranda is obviously just 44 pts of optimized toolbox/point fortress. 

And yeah, don't knock that Ten Numb build - that's a LOT of unaviodable crit/sabine nastiness coming downrange. Yuck. Fortunately, I did not have to face him.  

10 hours ago, Archangelspiv said:

I am primarily an Imperial player.. I know BOO HISS!!!! But with every man and his dog with an EPT being an Expertise carrier, I want to try this list out. Haven't flown it vs Fenn + VCX yet, not sure how it would go. But this is it.

Poe Dameron (PS9) — T-70 X-Wing 33
Veteran Instincts 1
R2-D2 4
Advanced Optics 2
Autothrusters 2
Black One 1
Ship Total: 43

Wes Janson — X-Wing 29
Veteran Instincts 1
Flight-Assist Astromech 1
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 31

Gold Squadron Pilot — Y-Wing 18
Ion Cannon Turret 5
R3-A2 2
BTL-A4 Y-Wing 0
Ship Total: 25

Total 99. 

Even 1 point for int bid, like that even counts. Went Ion turret over TLT for control over damage. Now with Palp Aces rearing their heads, would rather a predictable 1 move, rather than 1 extra damage.

I actually tried out something kind of similar, using Rebel Rau with Adaptability/M9-G8/Weapons Engineer. I was seriously considering the list for Regionals, back when Harpoon Gunboats and Nymranda were bigger things.

I'm not sure how well either list would do against Fenn/Ghost, but that Ion Stresshog would have some nice utility.

2 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

if Saw's expac does its job properly, your favorite flight assisted pilots will be basically every X-wing pilot

except maybe Luke going back to a super thematic r2-d2 pairing if the evade token in the box is meant for the X-wing

and m9-g8 Tarn ofc

I don’t know if M9 has significant advantages to R7 on tarn.  If you have multiple attackers on tarn then something is...wrong.  Like ‘who Brought the swarm’.

but then I like using M9 as more of an attack buff than defensive, paired with Ughnaught Engineer.

Edited by GrimmyV

1 hour ago, GrimmyV said:

I don’t know if M9 has significant advantages to R7 on tarn.  If you have multiple attackers on tarn then something is...wrong.  Like ‘who Brought the swarm’.

but then I like using M9 as more of an attack buff than defensive, paired with Ughnaught Engineer.

m9 tarn's deal is that your opponent wont ever want to shoot him because he gives the defensive re-roll AND keeps his lock to shoot his attacker in the face with

more importantly, if tarn isn't shot because no one wants to shoot him, he still supports his squad

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

Yeah generally the issue with tarn and R7 is people just ignore him unless they CAN multi-attack him.
M9 may not be as oppressive since it can only reroll 1 die, but he doesnt spend it and if hes being ignored he supports a bit.

that and the TL isn't spent, so you can blow your attacker right the **** up

also, in an age where TLT and the the goddamn ghost/phantom and the ghost/phantom WITH TLT reigns, getting multi-attacks off is hardly a legendary feat anymore

this isn't helped by the fact that the ps 3 x-wing isn't exactly a fabled arc-dodger of yore

now that i'm thinking about the meta, though, a buffed Tarn seems like he'd be real spiffy against our good ol ghost buddy. Either he's taking the hatchet to the up to four attacks, or he's helping get around Fenn Rau's ability

Edited by ficklegreendice

2 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

now that i'm thinking about the meta, though, a buffed Tarn seems like he'd be real spiffy against our good ol ghost buddy. Either he's taking the hatchet to the up to four attacks, or he's helping get around Fenn Rau's ability

Or he's helping them reroll a hit into a crit. The math is bad, but it happens so frequently to me.

14 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

Pretty much any X-Wing or Y-Wing pilot, really.  Seriously, FAA is that good.

It's really not.

Like nearly everything FFG does, because the current team is bad at design, it's definitely worth taking on high-PS pilots, and only decent on low- and mid-PS pilots.

They came so close on this one, which is what's really frustrating.  Simply allow the boost or BR at the end of activation, and you've got something that isn't simply another reason to take high-PS pilots.

11 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

It's really not.

Like nearly everything FFG does, because the current team is bad at design, it's definitely worth taking on high-PS pilots, and only decent on low- and mid-PS pilots.

They came so close on this one, which is what's really frustrating.  Simply allow the boost or BR at the end of activation, and you've got something that isn't simply another reason to take high-PS pilots.

But that would hurt the special snowflake PS 11 guys.  We can’t have that!  Some 21 pt ps 1 x-wing arc dodging Fenn, Poe, Vader and the rest? That’s bullscyk!

Edited by GrimmyV

9 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

It's really not.

Agree to disagree then, because I've been very impressed with it's usefulness right across the PS scale.  As far as I'm concerned, giving X-Wings and Y-Wings access to boost and barrel roll AND a free repositioning action (albeit situationally) for just 1 point is phenomenal.

Only bought a single Sheathipede, so I haven't really tested out the FAA yet. Been meaning to try it on Wedge with VI and IA - seems fun, and it'll probably get even better when the X-Wing fix comes out. Also allows for a really pricey build on whatever you pair it with (I'm thinking of running Rey/Wedge).

But I've heard Fenn Rau does pretty well with FAA.

... I'll show myself out. 

2 hours ago, Giledhil said:

Do you know that outside of official event, there's no point not proxying cards?

Yeah, I've been known to proxy stuff before, I just usually don't to avoid confusion. And I'm a total purist. Also, I've just honestly been too lazy to go sort through my collection to pull out new lists. Listbuilding lethargy is apparently a real thing.

I did get absolutely destroyed by the triple Red Squadron Veterans list last week though. That list is legit.

15 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Yeah, I've been known to proxy stuff before, I just usually don't to avoid confusion. And I'm a total purist. Also, I've just honestly been too lazy to go sort through my collection to pull out new lists. Listbuilding lethargy is apparently a real thing.

I did get absolutely destroyed by the triple Red Squadron Veterans list last week though. That list is legit.

What triple Red Squadron list? Sounds interesting. 

5 hours ago, Scopes said:

What triple Red Squadron list? Sounds interesting. 

There's a lot of variants possible, I think it was something like this. 

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v4!s!177:232,-1,253,153:-1:15:;177:232,-1,253,153:-1:15:;177:232,-1,253,153:-1:20:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

It placed pretty highly in a recent tournament. At first, it looks silly, but the action efficiency is just bonkers. It's kind of like the Rebel version of triple TIE/x7 Defenders.