Sign in to follow this  
VAYASAN

Excitement levels? Whats yours

Got 3 boards built, got my painting area tidied up and now im just waiting on the Email saying my order is despatched.

Fingers crossed it gets set out so its here on or before the 22nd, cant wait to get stuff glued and finally have a look myself at the stuff.

Anyone else?

I'm so ready to play this game, I'm trying really hard not to think about it all day every day. If I can just distract myself for one more week, I think I will survive. I've got army lists on battlescribe. I've got my two cores preordered. I've got a plan for launch weekend to go to a big launch event at an FFG store near me. I've got a table I need to frantically try to finish building so I can put that final bit of painting into it. I'm kind of a mess. I need to start playing this game.

I don't know that I've ever been more excited for a game. This is the Star Wars game I've I've always wanted. I preordered 1 core, AT-ST, and Speeder from my LFG. My original plan was to only get a core and then get more as I finished painting, but my LFG offered a 20% discount on everything you purchased after the core.

Very excited also. Decided to get two core sets because I was able to get two core sets at $65 USD each. Came out to $130 for two core. You guys think that was a good deal? I could not resist at that price for each.

I've never actually wargamed before. And I'm quite excited. And nervous about trying organized play.

I bought paint and one of everything. Then I bought a random Terminator miniatures starter game from my FLGS that was on clearance to practice painting. And then I started making terrain. I've been enjoying all of it. Only one week.

I have bought some old troopers from another empire, and stripped them, to practice painting, since for this game I'm coming back to the hobby after 15 years. It 's an understatement to say that I am very much excited :)

Edited by Alrik2438
Spelling mistake

The demo game was better than I expected. I'm exited to play a real game with more units, snowspeeders and uppgrades.

I'm a bit worried we are gonna get alot of non movie units and vehicles. I mean we only have hoth and endor for ground battles in the original trilogy.

11 minutes ago, jocke01 said:

The demo game was better than I expected. I'm exited to play a real game with more units, snowspeeders and uppgrades.

I'm a bit worried we are gonna get alot of non movie units and vehicles. I mean we only have hoth and endor for ground battles in the original trilogy.

You gotta count rogue one

My local store's demo is Saturday at 10.  I will be outside by 9:30 to make sure I am one of the first 8 in the door, as to sign up for that campaign stuff.   Never played.  Been practicing painting and building since the game was announced.  It is rare I take a random day off and taking next Friday off.  

A little bit above average excitement. I'm not anywhere close to full on fanboy squeealing (don't judge me- I have no control over the fact I do that at times) but I am excited. I think I'm more anxious to just get the minis and the paints I still need so I can get started on them (and hope that no one buys out all the paints I need beforehand >_>)

If I had a legit gaming group, maybe I'd be more excited, but my friends weren't really into X-Wing and the like when I had them. Most likely this is just going to be something I play by myself. It'll still be fun to collect, paint, and play the occasional game with though.

I've spent the last five months watching Sorastro, buying Imp Assult, painting them, and just generally driving all my friends insane talking about it.  

In the immortal words of Reggie:  

"My body is ready"

I've played X Wing and Armada, but never anything land based prior. I'm excited, even if I don't like the game ultimately. I definitely look forward to painting the stuff at a minimum. 

If I like it, I'll jump into a few terrain pieces and some mats.

25 minutes ago, HadeusHawkyns said:

A little bit above average excitement. I'm not anywhere close to full on fanboy squeealing (don't judge me- I have no control over the fact I do that at times) but I am excited. I think I'm more anxious to just get the minis and the paints I still need so I can get started on them (and hope that no one buys out all the paints I need beforehand >_>)

If I had a legit gaming group, maybe I'd be more excited, but my friends weren't really into X-Wing and the like when I had them. Most likely this is just going to be something I play by myself. It'll still be fun to collect, paint, and play the occasional game with though.

Right their with you brother. I have been looking at Legion and I do enjoy painting but I have no interest in making friends because of a game. (Probably why I despise OP in any game) Now making a friend first and they happen to like the game too that would be awesome but hanging out at game stores is not something I have ever enjoyed doing outside shopping. Xwing can be AI’d at least enjoyably. To the people who have played this, in your opinion, could this be AI’d?

Very.

Like an Pro Gundark Wrestler ready to pull some ears!

Cleaning house on some old miniatures and acquiring extra funds from them. Been rewatching moveis and reading as much as possible. Took off the release day to attend over in Ohio at Game Time Miniatures

I'm super excited. I got my Stormtrooper expansion already so after I get my core, at-st, and speeder bikes I'll be happy. I'm thinking about buying another core set so I'll have more stuff but we will see...

46 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Right their with you brother. I have been looking at Legion and I do enjoy painting but I have no interest in making friends because of a game. (Probably why I despise OP in any game) Now making a friend first and they happen to like the game too that would be awesome but hanging out at game stores is not something I have ever enjoyed doing outside shopping. Xwing can be AI’d at least enjoyably. To the people who have played this, in your opinion, could this be AI’d?

I've messed around a bit on Tabletop Simulator a few times. It was a little slow but that's mostly because I suck at doing things on TTS. I haven't had any issues playing against myself with it. It's just like any other game- so long as you're just playing as each "player" and not metagaming, it works just as well as X-Wing, Armada, etc.

25%

I look forward to painting for people. I look forward to more terrain making...

... but the current range hasn’t caught my attention yet to PLAY, thus no core set ordered...

Then again, I am quite busy enough TOing Armada these days...