Sign in to follow this  
RegisF

Hints on new investigators ?

The flavour text on Relic Hunter does hint he could be the same guy as on No Stone Unturned, though the figure on No Stone is not clear.

The Relic Hunter made me think of Bob Jenkins actually, sitting at the desk and all.

Also based on his story Bob could be considered a relic hunter (in an American Pickers sort of way).

I know we already know three investigators for forgotten age. Any theories on what their deck requirements will be? Since each cycle of investigators has had a different format to assembly decks...

6 hours ago, Burgie1996 said:

I know we already know three investigators for forgotten age. Any theories on what their deck requirements will be? Since each cycle of investigators has had a different format to assembly decks...

All 5 have been leaked; but I won't spoiler that here. I'm hoping for really  niche restrictions or builds that augment their abilities. Until we know all the abilities, I'm not sure I would even want to try.

People are thinking build requirements that include traits or keywords like 'insight' etc. I'm not entirely convinced we have the card pool for that yet. There are some we do, some we don't.

17 hours ago, Eldan985 said:

Probably the same guy, on Relic Hunter. But a bit hard to say? I mean, you an't really make out his face very well and his hairstyle and suit are fairly nondescript.

No sound unturned is the title of one card and the illustration text of the other.

17 hours ago, cheapmate said:

The flavour text on Relic Hunter does hint he could be the same guy as on No Stone Unturned, though the figure on No Stone is not clear.

The Relic Hunter made me think of Bob Jenkins actually, sitting at the desk and all.

Also based on his story Bob could be considered a relic hunter (in an American Pickers sort of way).

I like the idea.

6 hours ago, Soakman said:

All 5 have been leaked; but I won't spoiler that here. I'm hoping for really  niche restrictions or builds that augment their abilities. Until we know all the abilities, I'm not sure I would even want to try.

People are thinking build requirements that include traits or keywords like 'insight' etc. I'm not entirely convinced we have the card pool for that yet. There are some we do, some we don't.

We had Mark with tactics and there's only a handful.

7 hours ago, Soakman said:

All five? Ursula, Finn and Leo... Who else?

3 hours ago, Burgie1996 said:

All five? Ursula, Finn and Leo... Who else?

They were spoiled from an overseas retailer source on BGG.

Other two investigators in spoiler tag:

Father Mateo and Calvin Wright

Edited by Soakman
put the spoiler tag in place

Only the mini-investigator cards got spoiled, so we know who they are, but not any stats or anything.

For Soakman and anyone else interested, spoiler tags:

[ spoiler ]Text[ /spoiler ]  (without the spaces)

Example...

Edited by jaqenZann

This would possibly be before Father Mateo left for the Vatican and was still in his hometown in Mexico.

Nice.

And which Calvin Wright is it? The Arkham Horror one or the Elder Sign/Eldritch Horror one?

Edited by cheapmate
Spoiler tags added in case someone is reading this thread on new investigators and doesn’t want to know who they actually are...

I can only assume it's the Eldritch Horror one because I think they're trying to make him consistent across the new games and he technically was not canonized in Arkham Horror, but the back of his actual  investigator card has not been spoiled so we don't know.. if you mean image, then it's the one from Eldritch Horror.

Edited by Soakman
Spoiler tags added for consistencty

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:22 PM, cheapmate said:

Hide contents

This would possibly be before Father Mateo left for the Vatican and was still in his hometown in Mexico.

Nice.

And which Calvin Wright is it? The Arkham Horror one or the Elder Sign/Eldritch Horror one?

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, Soakman said:

Hide contents

I can only assume it's the Eldritch Horror one because I think they're trying to make him consistent across the new games and he technically was not canonized in Arkham Horror, but the back of his actual  investigator card has not been spoiled so we don't know.. if you mean image, then it's the one from Eldritch Horror.

I have to assume that it's the same as Eldritch Horror (I have not seen the art).  They are the same character in both Eldritch Horror and Elder Sign.

I've just caught (mentally) whom you said our last investigators are.  I was expecting Mandy Thompson the Researcher, Montery Jack the Archeologist or Darrell Simmons the Photographer.  Not sure what roles they would have performed - I have to assume that Mandy will ultimately be a Seeker.  Still though, with the setting, those were my guesses.

I didn't know that Father Mateo was from Mexico (or at least served there).

Edited by Duciris

Monterey jack is spoiled as one of the potential "Expedition Leaders" in Forgotten age, so there's a future-character spoiler if there ever was one ;)

Weirdly enough he seems to be the Seeker / Rouge I wanted Ursula to be (not disappointed tho), and with a relic theme too!

I guess he'll be Rogue/Seeker?