Sign in to follow this  
RegisF

Hints on new investigators ?

I hope we'll apologyze this title a little bit clicbait but with the recent release of Silas, i was wondering if we couldn't have à way to guess the next investigators.

In fact looking closely some players cards allow to grab some clues. All which follow is pure speculation (or bull :) )

- Already played investigators :

Ursula Downs on Perception, Skids O Toole on Lone wolf, Wendy Adams on Waylay, Silas Masrh on Overpower, Mark Harrigan on shotgun, Aschan Pete on Scrapper, Roland Banks on True grit and Ill see you in **** ;

- Obvious investigators :

Charlie Kane on Charisma, Amanda Sharpe on Encyclopedie, Leo Anderson on Inspiring presence, Rita Young on Not without à fight, Trish Scarborough on Dexterity (and Burglary ?), Monterey Jack on Pathfinder

- Supposed investigators :

Kate Wintrop on Strange solution,  Jacqueline Fine on Hot streak, backstab and ward of protection, Finn Edwards on Hardknock, Tommy Muldoon on Beatcoop, close call, rise to the occasion, Michael McGlenn on master slayer, daring maneuver, Preston Fairmont on Pickpocketing, Calvin Wright on A chance encounter

There also a girl, Gené mentionned at the end of Dunwich and on the card Fieldwork who could be personnified on Inquirring mind and Laboratory assistant.
Edited by RegisF

Is that Rita Young on not without a fight? I had thought it might be Daniela Reyes, because of the wrench and her being a mechanic, but looking at it again, yeah, it doesn't actually look like her.

I don't have the book about the investigators, and AH:LCG is my first main lovecraftian game (although i played a bit in a few others, specially MoM2)

Is there any place where we can find a list of all FFG investigators so far? In an interview Matthew Newman said there were over 50 so far.

I know they come from Arkham Horror: Board Game, Eldritch Horror, Mansions of Madness (1st and 2nd edition), Elder Sign.. any others?

And, if you're insane and want to know which characters you could play across all of the games:

1. Akachi Onyele The Shaman

2. Finn Edwards The Bootlegger

3. Minh Thi Phan The Secretary

4. Jenny Barns The Dilettante

5. Wendy Adams The Urchin

6. William Yorick The Gravedigger

7. "Ashcan" Pete The Drifter

8. Carolyn Fern The Psychologist

Special Note: Carolyn Fern is only available for AH:LCG as a Novella character, and Finn Edwards will release in The Forgotten Age deluxe expansion.

25 minutes ago, Duciris said:

And, if you're insane and want to know which characters you could play across all of the games:

1. Akachi Onyele The Shaman

2. Finn Edwards The Bootlegger

3. Minh Thi Phan The Secretary

4. Jenny Barns The Dilettante

5. Wendy Adams The Urchin

6. William Yorick The Gravedigger

7. "Ashcan" Pete The Drifter

8. Carolyn Fern The Psychologist

Special Note: Carolyn Fern is only available for AH:LCG as a Novella character, and Finn Edwards will release in The Forgotten Age deluxe expansion.

Forgive me because I’m relatively new to AH, but could you go into further detail with this? If I buy all of the AH lcg games these are the only characters I can play every single scenario as?

Also, is there a release date for Forgotten Age?

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, Duciris said:

1. Agnes Baker The Waitress **
  2. Akachi Onyele The Shaman

3. "Ashcan" Pete The Drifter

4. Carolyn Fern The Psychologist *

5. Finn Edwards The Bootlegger

6. Minh Thi Phan The Secretary

7. Jenny Barns The Dilettante

8. Jim Culver The Musician **

9. Silas Marsh The Sailor *  **

10. Wendy Adams The Urchin

11. William Yorick The Gravedigger

12. Maria Lambeau The Entertainer ***

*Special Note: Carolyn Fern & Silas Marsh are only available for AH:LCG as Novella characters.

**Agnes Baker, Jim Culver, & Silas Marsh will be released in the upcoming Mansions of Madness: Horrific Journey expansion.

***Marie Lambeau was only available as a promo.  She will eventually be released, but until then anyone who has her can play across all games with her.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, Burgie1996 said:

Forgive me because I’m relatively new to AH, but could you go into further detail with this? If I buy all of the AH lcg games these are the only characters I can play every single scenario as?

Investigator Occupation Arkham Horror Eldritch Horror Elder Sign Arkham Horror LCG Mansiosn of Madness (Second)
Agatha Crane the Parapsycologist --- EH09: Masks SL20: Pharaoh --- MAD20: Core
Agnes Baker the Waitress AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH03: Mountains SL17: Ice AH:LCG: Core MAD27: Horrific Journeys
Akachi Onyele the Shaman AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH01: Core SL16: Gates AH:LCG: Carcosa MAD23: Beyond the Threshold
Amanda Sharpe
the Student AH01: Core EH07: Dream SL05: Core ---  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
"Ashcan" Pete the Drifter AH01: Core EH08: Cities SL05: Core AH:LCG: Dunwich  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
Bob Jenkins the Salesman AH01: Core EH08: Cities SL05: Core ---  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Calvin Wright the Damned Promo EH09: Masks SL20: Pharaoh AH:LCG: Age ---
Carolyn Fern the Psychologist AH01: Core EH07: Dream SL05: Core Novella  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Carson Sinclair the Buttler --- EH09: Masks SL20: Pharaoh --- MAD20: Core
Charlie Kane the Politician AH04: Kingsport Horror EH01: Core SL17: Ice --- MAD26: Sanctum of Twilight
Daisy Walker the Librarian AH04: Kingsport Horror EH03: Mountains SL19: Deep AH:LCG: Core ---
Daniela Reyes the Mechanic --- EH09: Masks --- --- ---
Darrell Simmons the Photographer AH01: Core EH07: Dream SL05: Core ---  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Dexter Drake the Magician AH01: Core EH06: Carcosa SL05: Core ---  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Diana Stanley the Redeemed Cultist AH02: Dunwich Horror EH01: Core SL15: Unseen --- MAD25: Streets of Arkham
Father Mateo the Priest --- EH09: Masks SL20: Pharaoh AH:LCG: Age MAD20: Core
Finn Edwards the Bootlegger AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH03: Mountains SL16: Gates AH:LCG: Age MAD25: Streets of Arkham
George Barnaby the Lawyer AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH03: Mountains SL19: Deep --- ---
Gloria Goldberg the Author AH01: Core EH07: Dream SL05: Core ---  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
Hank Samson the Farmhand AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH05: Pyramids SL19: Deep --- ---
Harvey Walters the Professor AH01: Core EH05: Pyramids SL05: Core ---  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
Jacqueline Fine the Psychic AH02: Dunwich Horror EH01: Core SL15: Unseen --- ---
Jenny Barnes the Dilettante AH01: Core EH06: Carcosa SL05: Core AH:LCG: Dunwich  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
Jim Culver the Musician AH02: Dunwich Horror EH01: Core SL15: Unseen AH:LCG: Dunwich MAD27: Horrific Journeys
Joe Diamond the Private Eye AH01: Core EH05: Pyramids SL05: Core ---  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
Kate Winthrop the Scientist AH01: Core EH07: Dream SL05: Core ---  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
Leo Anderson the Expedition Leader AH02: Dunwich Horror EH01: Core SL15: Unseen AH:LCG: Age ---
Lily Chen the Martial Artist AH04: Kingsport Horror EH01: Core SL17: Ice --- MAD26: Sanctum of Twilight
Lola Hayes the Actress AH04: Kingsport Horror EH01: Core SL19: Deep AH:LCG: Carcosa ---
Luke Robinson the Dreamer AH04: Kingsport Horror EH07: Dream SL19: Deep --- ---
Mandy Thompson the Researcher AH01: Core EH05: Pyramids SL05: Core ---  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Marie Lambeau the Entertainer AH02: Dunwich Horror EH04: Strange SL15: Unseen Promo MAD25: Streets of Arkham
Mark Harrigan the Soldier AH02: Dunwich Horror EH01: Core SL15: Unseen AH:LCG: Carcosa ---
Michael McGlen the Gangster AH01: Core EH06: Carcosa SL05: Core ---  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
Minh Thi Phan the Secretary AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH05: Pyramids SL19: Deep AH:LCG: Carcosa MAD20: Core
Monterey Jack the Archeologist AH01: Core EH05: Pyramids SL05: Core ---  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Norman Withers the Astronomer AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH01: Core SL16: Gates Novella ---
Patrice Hathaway the Violinist AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH03: Mountains SL16: Gates --- ---
Preston Fairmont the Millionaire --- EH09: Masks SL20: Pharaoh --- MAD20: Core
Rex Murphy the Reporter AH04: Kingsport Horror EH05: Pyramids SL17: Ice AH:LCG: Dunwich ---
Rita Young the Athlete AH02: Dunwich Horror EH08: Cities SL15: Unseen --- MAD20: Core
Roland Banks the Fed AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH08: Cities SL19: Deep AH:LCG: Core ---
Sefina Rousseau the the Painter --- EH09: Masks SL20: Pharaoh AH:LCG: Carcosa ---
Silas Marsh the Sailor AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH01: Core SL17: Ice Novella MAD27: Horrific Journeys
Sister Mary the Nun AH01: Core EH05: Pyramids SL05: Core ---  †MAD22: Recurring Nightmares
"Skids" O'Toole the Ex-Convict AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH04: Strange SL16: Gates AH:LCG: Core ---
Tommy Muldoon the Rookie Cop AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH03: Mountains SL16: Gates --- MAD25: Streets of Arkham
Tony Morgan the Bounty Hunter AH04: Kingsport Horror EH04: Strange SL17: Ice --- ---
Trish Scarborough the Spy AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH01: Core SL16: Gates --- MAD27: Horrific Journeys
Ursula Downs the Explorer AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH03: Mountains SL17: Ice AH:LCG: Age ---
Vincent Lee the Doctor AH01: Core EH07: Dream SL05: Core ---  ††MAD23: Suppressed Memories
Wendy Adams the Urchin AH04: Kingsport Horror EH06: Carcosa SL17: Ice AH:LCG: Core MAD20: Core
William Yorick the Gravedigger AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH07: Dream SL16: Gates AH:LCG: Carcosa MAD20: Core
Wilson Richards the Handyman AH02: Dunwich Horror EH03: Mountains SL15: Unseen --- ---
Zoey Samaras the Chef AH06: Innsmouth Horror EH04: Strange SL19: Deep AH:LCG: Dunwich ---

†These were originally released in the Mansions of Madness 1st edition core set.

††These were originally released in the Mansions of Madness 1st edition expansions: Forbidden Alchemy and Call of the Wild.

No one is solely in core sets, so you'll need expansions on top of base games.:rolleyes:  Hence, my use of the word "insane".  Jenny and Ashcan are actually the most central characters (from a release standpoint), despite being released in the Dunwich Cycle for the LCG.  I believe they were held back in Eldritch Horror just to shake things up and focus on other characters.

I just noticed that if you got the AH:LCG Maria Lambeau promo (for preordering the Investigators of Arkham book), you'd be able to play her across all games too.

Edit: New information, Mansions of Madness: Horrific Journeys.

Edited by Duciris
New information

So from the list above, which investigators are you looking forward to the most for AH:LCG?

Personally i'm a Seeker and/or Mystic player, so besides my current favorites (Rex, Daisy, Agnes, Sefina, Norman*, Carolyn*, Ursula*) i'm eagerly awaiting a version of:

• Agatha Crane - i'm a Crane player in L5R and i love to play her in MoM2, she'll probably be my "main" character along with Rex
  • Dexter Drake - he looks to be more of a real life magician/trickster/illusionist than a TRUE spellcaster like Witch Agnes or Shaman Akachi
  • Diana Stanley - i'm sure she'll be a Mystic but i love the ideia of someone who had power and abandoned it, maybe a Mystic Lv0/Rogue Lv1-5?
  • Vincent Lee - a dedicated healer, just like Carolyn/Ursula i love Guardian/Seeker cards that aren't about combat/clues but healing/movement
  • Harvey Walters/Amanda Sharpe - more Miskatonic goodness please!

* - haven't played with these yet, but looking very forward to!

Once the investigator's pool is large enough, i would also like to see certain cards that can only be used by certain Traits. Heres some examples:

• A survival event "on the road" that could only be used by Drifter
  • A religious item better than rosary (holy cross/water?) for Believers (Father Mateo, Sister Mary, Zoey Samaras)
  • Some musical Spells that could only be used by a Performer
  • More Illicit stuff just for Criminals, 
  • finally some Tome exclusive for people from Miskatonic :D (my dear Daisy is still crying for her lack of Tome support in first two cycles)

Those are just some ideias, and would help characters be even mode distinct in deck building besides what color/factions they have access to. 

I'm sure you guys can come up with a lot more. 

I most want to see the following investigators (they are my favorites across all games; Sefina has moved to the top of my list though):

Patrice - I love magic powered by music. I also like she and Jim as foils of each other as he is from a jazz tradition where she is completely classical. Her Investigators of Arkham Horror story was stellar.

Gloria - I like Gloria because of the writerly elements to her character and the fact that she appears to suffer from visions almost the same way that H.P. suffered from night terrors. She reminds me of the sort of person that I can relate to and could see creating an Arkham Files game. She also seems like a tough old bird that will do what she has to, consequences be damned.

Kate - Because science inspired magic and mythos is always interesting and fun.

Rita - Because given the time period and the versions of her that I've read about and seen in other games, girl's a true survivor.

Diana - I want more Silver Twilight Lodge.

Carson - He's super useful in Eldritch Horror and I appreciate the undervalued and often invisible 'help' 

George Barnaby - I don't really know why. He feels like a guy who understands what is at stake and is willing to walk away from his old life given an opportunity.

I'd like to see a Trish deck build where she is a neutral investigator that includes something like (10 cards from a single class of your choice 0-3, 15 cards from a second class of your choice 0-2, 5 cards from a third class of your choice 1-5). This would, in effect,  make her whatever two limited classes you want at the beginning of a game with a specialty selection of cards that she can grow into over the course of the campaign from a third class that is more tailored to the scenarios you find yourself running (she's a spy, so fitting).

She would likely need a severe weakness or lowered health/sanity pools to ensure that any game-breaking combos aren't overly abused, but I think it would be interesting. 

I also would like to see Science traited cards for Kate, more songs/instruments for Patrice, tomes for Gloria and Daisy, and perhaps some kind of newly traited cards "Blessings" that stay in effect after played until a particular token type is pulled (skulls our autofail most likely). They would have varying effects and names by class. Seekers could get Blessing of Nodens (when you discover a clue, gain an additional clue once per round); Survivors could get Blessing of Bast (when you would take a physical or mental trauma, ignore it instead); Mystics could get "Blessing of Hypnos" (When you play a spell card, heal a horror), etc etc...

Edited by Soakman

@Strilar & @Soakman, I agree with both of you: Diana Stanley please!  She's the character I want a novella centered around most.

I want Daisy in Mansions most, in part because I'd play as her, but mostly so I can use her mini in the LCG.  I use an unpainted Minh (I think) for her now, but somehow I resent the molded plastic for not being the official Daisy molded plastic.  The most ridiculous part of my irrational distain, is that I've seen the official painted mini, https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror-premium-figures/products/daisy-walker/.

10 minutes ago, Duciris said:

@Strilar & @Soakman, I agree with both of you: Diana Stanley please!  She's the character I want a novella centered around most.

I want Daisy in Mansions most, in part because I'd play as her, but mostly so I can use her mini in the LCG.  I use an unpainted Minh (I think) for her now, but somehow I resent the molded plastic for not being the official Daisy molded plastic.  The most ridiculous part of my irrational distain, is that I've seen the official painted mini, https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror-premium-figures/products/daisy-walker/.

Yeah.. that's not a very good mini, lol. 

I'm starting to learn how to paint minis this week (self-teaching with a reaper core skill kit, and we'll see from there). I want Sefina in mansions plix! 

On 3/17/2018 at 2:12 PM, Burgie1996 said:

Those are the investigators who are playable in all of Fantasy Flight's Arkham Files games (Arkham Horror: The Board Game, Eldritch Horror, Elder Sign, Mansions of Madness, and of course the LCG)

On 3/19/2018 at 5:26 PM, Soakman said:

Yeah.. that's not a very good mini, lol. 

I'm starting to learn how to paint minis this week (self-teaching with a reaper core skill kit, and we'll see from there). I want Sefina in mansions plix! 

MoM2 has new mini designs, so we won't be seeing that Daisy again.  The new minis are much, much better.

To be clear, the ones in the MOM2 used older designs, but the expansions included new designs.  The new ones are made of less hard plastoc though.

Everything since then has been new design.

Examples

Old https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror-premium-figures/products/diana-stanley/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror-premium-figures/products/tommy-muldoon/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror-premium-figures/products/finn-edwards/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror-premium-figures/products/marie-lambeau/

New (scroll down) https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/18/a-proper-introduction/

Edit:

Anyone else slightly annoyed that the overlap between MOM and AHtCG of investigators is so small?  I have all the old premium minis, but would much prefer to use the much better painted (and/or better modeled) MOM minis.  Out of the, lets call it 25 investigators so far in AH, we only have 9 that overlap with MOM.

Edited by Jobu

21 minutes ago, Eldan985 said:

Part of it, I think, is that they ar e also pretty roughly painted in those pictures.

I find it odd that those are the official painted minis for that reason (and something I hope to avoid as I play around with painting my own!). With that paint job and those sculpts, I much prefer my unpainted versions. The new MoM sculpts are great though! That being said, I often prefer mini cards and standees to minis. The only reason I'm trying to get into painting my own is simply because between MoM, Gloomhaven, and Folklore, I just have too many to do nothing with them. I have so much practice material, haha.

2 hours ago, Jobu said:

MoM2 has new mini designs, so we won't be seeing that Daisy again.  The new minis are much, much better.

To be clear, the ones in the MOM2 used older designs, but the expansions included new designs.  The new ones are made of less hard plastoc though.

Everything since then has been new design...

Akachi (who was in the first expansion, really sells the difference in models to me.  Her hair alone, which is now braided and is not touching her back, shows the level of skill and quality improvements made at FFG.

1 hour ago, Eldan985 said:

Part of it, I think, is that they ar e also pretty roughly painted in those pictures.

It is.  The difference between that resembles what WizKids went through between the original (golden age) Heroclix and their current counterparts.  It would have cost significantly more (cost, not MSRP) for the painting to be on par with, say X-Wing.  I think it was them testing the waters with one of their mainstays.  It was before Imperial Assault released.

On 15-3-2018 at 1:42 PM, Whipporwill said:

Pretty sure that’s Jenny Barnes and not Jacqueline Fine on Hot Streak and Backstab. They have been pretty consistent in making the the double strand pearl necklace Jenny wears another signature tell in her art.

I love the fact that your profile image of Jenny without the pearl necklace contradicts this.

Also, Backstab seems out of character for Jenny.

26 minutes ago, cheapmate said:

I love the fact that your profile image of Jenny without the pearl necklace contradicts this.

Also, Backstab seems out of character for Jenny.

I don't think there's an investigator on every card. I would suspect that there are quite a few that are just "1920's dame." That being said, who knows what the artist reference was or if the were even given one specifically. It's possible the artist just had a different interpretation of what she looks like.

I would not be surprised to see Jenny backstab someone given the right circumstances. When there is any evidence of more info on Izzie, all bets are off as far as her behavior goes in my book.

1 hour ago, Soakman said:

I don't think there's an investigator on every card. I would suspect that there are quite a few that are just "1920's dame." That being said, who knows what the artist reference was or if the were even given one specifically. It's possible the artist just had a different interpretation of what she looks like.

I would not be surprised to see Jenny backstab someone given the right circumstances. When there is any evidence of more info on Izzie, all bets are off as far as her behavior goes in my book.

Whether you want it or not, there are some characters on players cards who are the same (and drawned by differents illustrators). For example, the guy on no stone unturned and relic hunter is the same dude. You don't draw a character many times on differents cards for nothing, it must have a meaning I suppose.

24 minutes ago, RegisF said:

Whether you want it or not, there are some characters on players cards who are the same (and drawned by differents illustrators). For example, the guy on no stone unturned and relic hunter is the same dude. You don't draw a character many times on differents cards for nothing, it must have a meaning I suppose.

Or, to play the Devil's advocate, someone was commissioned to deliver a piece of art.  He/she did multiple poses and submitted them.  FFG bought both.

Edit:

Or not.  Those were each done by Ilich Henriquez and Arden Beckwith respectively.

Edited by Duciris
new info