SunDancerGE

IAmGameFor - an app for finding gamers

3 minutes ago, HadeusHawkyns said:

It looks cool, but there's almost no one around me- and none that play anything I like/am interested in :( I do hope it gets more people so it could actually be useful.

It's the old "chicken and egg" problem. people need to get into it so that more people will join in ;) Since it's free, there is no harm in trying.

Just now, NervousSam said:

I don't get why people just wouldnt use FB for this functionality. Maybe because I live in a big urban area and I'm missing something?

Because not everyone wants to use Facebook. Also you get a nice overview in the app. The app has just one task (bringing gamers together) and isn't cluttered with everything else. Also, in low density populated areas these kind of apps are woth gold. (And people use Tinder, OKcupid for special things... could be done via FB too, theoretical ;))

2 hours ago, NervousSam said:

I don't get why people just wouldnt use FB for this functionality. Maybe because I live in a big urban area and I'm missing something?

I, for one, do not like Facebook, do not have an account, and have no desire nor intention to ever get one. I also live in a major urban area. Not everyone likes Facebook or wants to use it. It's nice to have other options.

Besides, for the brief time I had a Facebook in undergrad, I found that the gaming communities on there were pretty toxic. I wouldn't want to subject myself to that ever again if I could avoid it.

1 minute ago, HadeusHawkyns said:

Besides, for the brief time I had a Facebook in undergrad, I found that the gaming communities on there were pretty toxic. I wouldn't want to subject myself to that ever again if I could avoid it.

Sadly that's what I experienced in some groups. Can't put my finger on it why that is but I sometime feel some people just wait for an opportunity to go on a rampage and spit some venom. :S