Sign in to follow this  
WookieHairdresser

Selling my stuff

Have 3 cores and 1 of everything in the first cycle, love the game but the community here has just died out so nobody to play with - I've decided to sell and move over to Legion

Where would be the best place to advertise my sale? And what price would you all see as a fair bid? 

Thanks for for the help, hope to see the game grow again in future 

That's a little surprising that the London area cant support a small core of players. The Twin Cities is a fraction of the size and has a growing number. :/ I am sorry. 

Edited by LionOfwinter

London? big place and has more than 1 store (apologies if you are London USA as I am assuming UK). Let us see there is a Stronghold Conflict at Magic Madhouse in london on the 24th March, so this weekend. Oo they are holding a Stronghold showdown on the 2nd April as well. If that doesn't work (and perhaps you are SW London) then Woking is just down the road (and oy train) and they are also running a Stronghold conflict at the weekend.

Aldershot and Reading arent that much further and also can be trained too and also are running stuff.

To be frank you could also easily get to Birmingham, Brighton, Northampton, Southampton who also have active stores running tournaments. Though i will grant you would need an hour and a half to a couple of hours to get to these dependant on where in London you are.

The game is actually surprisingly active if you are willing to travel a small distance to get somewhere.  I go to Sheffield for my tourney games which is an hour and a half to two hours depenedent on traffic but I could also go to Loughbourough (20 mins away) if I had Thursdays free (I dont) and am looking at potentially Northampton ( hour perhaps) and Birmingham (hour) or Nottingham (40 mins) or Milton Keynes (hour and a half).

There is actually a plethora of current gaming opportunities should you be willing to spend some effort to travel.

Now I understand that it would be lovely if a local store just down the road had lots of players and supported the game. There are two FLGS in Leicester and neither is supporting the game (as far as I can tell though one does stock). In this case you have two options. The first (and harder) is to try and build that community yourself by buying from the store and demoing and attempting to gather interest. This is harder than people think especially since in the UK (at least) it sometimes appears some FLGS dont actually want to sell you product (I went into one of the stores in Leicester and asked them to order me a booster box of old5R and said I was happy to pay in advance so they would not have to order at risk and they said 'no they dont support it', this actually amazed me as they were basically throwing money away because it appeared the staff could not be arsed). The other is to travel where it is played and support the GS there. The second option provides games and keeps the game healthy.

Perhaps this is not for you or you are unable to travel (cash poor, age constrained, other issue). In which case I wish you luck in your gaming endeavours and suggest you pick games that are popular in your preferred store to play in future.

To be fair things did feel unnervingly quiet over here until recently, so I think people can be  forgiven for thinking that there was less community appetite for the game than anticipated....

... thankfully however things seem to be rapidly gathering pace in the south east with a number of stores now advertising their L5R OP schedule for the coming months now that the kits have arrived on these shores, starting with Magic Madhouse this Saturday: Woo-hoo! (Other tourneys this weekend are of course available ?).

Even better, someone in the London L5R Facebook group has kindly started a weekly post of all known L5R activity in the region, from OP tourneys to informal regular L5R game nights.  I recommend joining up if you haven’t already.

So I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Obviously if you are from London, BC or London, CA or something then ignore this...

Brazil, seems to be going just fine. There is a trend to use online chat groups, such as WhatsApp,  to discuss strategy, arrange games and tournaments etc. 

It's rather fast and simple, but has no visibility when compared to a forum. 

Thanks @Matrim. The Magic Madhouse one is on my list, yeah. Maybe my expectations were just too high, my local store is very active in most games, just not L5R. And I'm used to a super active and friendly X-Wing community where you can turn up almost any day of the week and get some games. 

I'm not travelling to any of those other towns though, I'm not that committed! Quite hard to travel to the odd one-off tournament when you don't get regular play in-between. 

I might try the London L5R group too, thanks @Caldera. Worried I might have gone too far to get back into it, but I might give it a go.