Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wondergecko

'No Future Scum Epic Planned'

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, LordFajubi said:

Gotta say this doesn’t surprise me. I see the Croc on sale at several different places for months on end. There is no real MUST have cards in it like Palp or 3PO and I haven’t seen stock hurting anywhere either for it. It’d be interesting to see sales numbers for it but I’m willing to bet it’s the slowest moving epic ship and FFG isn’t known for fair or balance in terms of product. Ah well, sorry to you fellas who wanted scum epic. I still have yet to buy a Croc though because I just don’t like the faction but to each their own. At least they didn’t flat say no way.

I wonder how much "good will" they lost on that ship thanks to the blue line fiasco.  Are people not buying it because it's "defective."?  Or is the Scyk not interesting enough.  Or because Jabba isn't that great in 100/6.

All the sales have been great for me.  I have 5 (!) of them because it is a great ship to mod and repaint.  And on sale, no more expensive than a polystyrene model kit to hobby on.

8 hours ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Not surprising.  The other epic releases were pretty spread out.  Also Scum DOES have another epic ship: 4 IG-2000's (which is just terrifying if you haven't faced it before)

Yeah, I have faced Alphabet Death a number of times.  One of my brother's favs.  Still not the same as an actual Huge, though.

12 hours ago, Wondergecko said:

The former. None planned, not no more. Andrew Navarro was cryptic about most future stuff (including more for this wave), but he seemed legitimately confused by the fact that anyone might expect more Scum Epic, so I'd write this one off for the next year or two.

I suspect FFG is legitimately confused that there are some players playing this game who don't give a **** about the meta, and just want to re-enact Star Wars space battles.

1 hour ago, jmswood said:

Design man hours and production capacity are finite. Does anyone really think another Scum epic would have any chance of being anything other than lowest possible priority for FFG? Between merchandising directives from LFL and higher player demand for other products, a statement like, “no future Scum epic planned,” shouldn’t surprise anyone.

FFG needs to seriously reconsider before bundling another standard play fix with an epic ship. Yes, it boosts initial sales of the epic product, but mostly feeding a secondary market of reselling standard play components. The “pack it with a small ship everyone wants” approach is wasteful, and most of the money made on those releases is going into third-party pockets. That’s money FFG would have made if they sold those standard play products separately, meanwhile the overwhelming majority of epic models produced are not being used by the consumer.

Many of those consumers (including me) publicly express frustration over the existing approach to epic ships. We’re the same players buying the  bundled standard play components on the secondary market, or not buying them at all. There’s enough of us that FFG should do some focused market research before they plan any future epic releases.

Well, I keep hoping that FFG actually cares about my desires as a consumer of XWM, but yet again I am disappointed by it's myopic focus on one segment of players.

Not getting a new Huge actually hurts us twice:  obviously, we don't get a new ship, but secondarily, that means that all the other Huge ships are dead in the water in terms of new upgrades, abilities, and possibilities.  Stuff from the C-ROC helped the other Huge ships a lot.  I had hoped to see a balanced play field for the Scum in the Huge ship category, but more importantly new stuff for the other ships to play with.  It was bad enough knowing the schedule was one Huge per year: indefinite non-release is a nail in the coffin for me.

Edited by Darth Meanie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

The CROC hasn't sold well because it just doesn't have a killer app broken component in it.  Everything in it's... fine balanced I guess.  Jabba's fine balanced.  THe Scyk pilots vary between bad and fine balanced.  The upgrades are fine balanced.  Etc.

Nothing in it's worth bringing to top tier play broken and full of power creep, so it's just not sold that well.

FTFY.

So, if players won't support a product that isn't full of overpowered upgrades, then don't ***** about all the broken ships you have voted with your wallet to be in the game.

Edited by Darth Meanie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

FTFY.

So, if players won't support a product that isn't full of overpowered upgrades, then don't ***** about all the broken ships you have voted with your wallet to be in the game.

You didn't and I don't. 

Jabba isn't fine in standard play anyway. It's basically impossible to make him pay his points back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

You didn't and I don't. 

Jabba isn't fine in standard play anyway. It's basically impossible to make him pay his points back.

Jabba on generic 666 with  4 binayre hot shots and failsafes. She'll go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FTS Gecko said:

Jabba on a generic 666 with Timewalk Asajj.  Four copies of Glittersnuff?  Why not?

because jabba costs 5 and 2 extra copies of glitterstim cost 4, even ignoring that the generic YV is just bad.

 

14 minutes ago, Dabirdisdaword said:

Jabba on generic 666 with  4 binayre hot shots and failsafes. She'll go

if you manage to actually use 2 hotshots on each z before it dies, then yes, he pays for himself.  THis is one of the few cases where he does.

And it's not like hotshot zs are tearing up... well, anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

I suspect FFG is legitimately confused that there are some players playing this game who don't give a **** about the meta, and just want to re-enact Star Wars space battles.

I’m a filthy casual, but I think epic is terrible. I play Armada for my capital ship fix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jmswood said:

I’m a filthy casual, but I think epic is terrible. I play Armada for my capital ship fix. 

I tried Armada, didn't much like it.  But I do like Epic play, so less of a draw.

I also really don't want to be involved with more than 1 collectible game.  I was doing 3 CCGs in the '90s and it was just too much.  In fact, I avoided collectible anything for 15 years, but XWM was just too novel of a game style to ignore, and of course: STAR WARS.

Lastly, as a filthy casual as well, I would still be happy if the devs just got "story ships" officially into the game: Blue Squadron, Inferno Squadron, Phoenix Squadron, Scythe Squadron, Shuttle Tydirium, Rogue One.  Saw's Renegades is a nice step, at least.

12 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

(1) I went 5-1 at MV with Jabba on Bossk and Timewalk Asajj.

(2) There are no plans for it, and plans for everything are vague, because they're working on 2.0.  (I mean, of course!)

Rebellions are built on hope.

Edited by Darth Meanie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

I also really don't want to be involved with more than 1 collectible game.  I was doing 3 CCGs in the '90s and it was just too much.  In fact, I avoided collectible anything for 15 years, but XWM was just too novel of a game style to ignore, and of course: STAR WARS.

Lastly, as a filthy casual as well, I would still be happy if the devs just got "story ships" officially into the game

Only 3? Amateur, lol. Totally agreed though xwing brother. There is a limit to money I can flitter away on hobbies, I buy 2 games, and outside epic or homebrew, xwing is dangerously close to being dropped.

If 100/6 is all that they love then this is not a game for me anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Only 3? Amateur, lol. Totally agreed though xwing brother. There is a limit to money I can flitter away on hobbies, I buy 2 games, and outside epic or homebrew, xwing is dangerously close to being dropped.

If 100/6 is all that they love then this is not a game for me anymore.

100%.

When I started this game, I bought 15 TIE Fighters and 12 X-Wings envisioning glorious squad-level battles for the greater glory of the Empire.  I even have 8 Punishers.  :huh:  But only bought 1 TIE Silencer, and 0 Resistance Bombers.

Swarms are dead (and we have been informed that FFG thinks that's fine; hello harpoons), still no campaign, still no squadron mechanics, still no space terrain other than rocks/debris, it's mostly a 2-ship meta, and now Huge ships are on indefinite back-order.

At this point, I'd rather spend my money on things that make XWM fun, like space stations, polystyrene models of "huge" ship set-pieces, stuff to make ion clouds, and paint to jazz up my ships.  Which means FFG isn't seeing my X-Wing dollars.  Luckily for them, it doesn't seem like that bothers them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

b u t    t h a t s   u n p o s s i b l e,    @thespaceinvader   s a y s    i t ' s    b a d    s o    i t    m u s t    b e    b a d

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Or to put it another way: this shows that Timewalk is good and Jeff is good, and between them they can carry Jabba though a tournament, not that Jabba is good.

Edited by thespaceinvader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The C-ROC was the first epic I bought. After winning one Regional Bye with Genesis Red, I then realized I didn't want anything in the box any more and sold it. I'm happy to hear there's no "$100 Essential Scum Accessory Pack" coming in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

, stuff to make ion clouds,

Out of curiousity how are you making clouds? The only thing I can come up with that wouldn’t get in the way of play is a small clamp style lamp I have with a colored bulb and a cut out filter piece over it so it’s not a perfect circle. Works kind of slick really but far from defined hard lines to cross but with casual homebrew really isn’t a deal breaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dabirdisdaword said:

Jabba on generic 666 with  4 binayre hot shots and failsafes. She'll go

Never thought to use failsafe, instead I'd gone for chips and tracers but only used two ships tracers when failsafe might have been better value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

I tried Armada, didn't much like it.  But I do like Epic play, so less of a draw.

I also really don't want to be involved with more than 1 collectible game.  I was doing 3 CCGs in the '90s and it was just too much.  In fact, I avoided collectible anything for 15 years, but XWM was just too novel of a game style to ignore, and of course: STAR WARS.

Lastly, as a filthy casual as well, I would still be happy if the devs just got "story ships" officially into the game: Blue Squadron, Inferno Squadron, Phoenix Squadron, Scythe Squadron, Shuttle Tydirium, Rogue One.  Saw's Renegades is a nice step, at least.

Rebellions are built on hope.

Personally I don't want then to do 2.0 how gut wrenching will it be to people who have spent £1000's of pounds / dollars / euros building up a collection only to be told oh, you now need to spend that all again and it won't all be released simultaneously you'll have to wait 5 years for the ships to all be available.

 

I much prefer Errata to nerf and buff ships. It means my purchases are still relevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kdubb said:

Wait, why would we be expecting one? 

Well a couple of reasons, there was still that missing SKU from Wave 12 and 13, and as someone already mentioned the other two primary factions already have 2.

I don't think that there will be no more new huge ships. It is just going to be  while before a new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:

Personally I don't want then to do 2.0 how gut wrenching will it be to people who have spent £1000's of pounds / dollars / euros building up a collection only to be told oh, you now need to spend that all again and it won't all be released simultaneously you'll have to wait 5 years for the ships to all be available.

That ones easy, pick a new game. I’d love a 2.0 rule set but if they go full new game there is no way I’d give FFG a dime. Plenty of options out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:

Personally I don't want then to do 2.0 how gut wrenching will it be to people who have spent £1000's of pounds / dollars / euros building up a collection only to be told oh, you now need to spend that all again and it won't all be released simultaneously you'll have to wait 5 years for the ships to all be available.

 

I much prefer Errata to nerf and buff ships. It means my purchases are still relevant.:wacko:

fixed it for ya<_<

But yeah nerfs make your purchases no longer relevant, but what can I say you can't stop the cancer that has taken over X-wing. Those laser brained Nerf Herders and Nerfratas.:angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...