Sign in to follow this  
Wondergecko

'No Future Scum Epic Planned'

5 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

How exactly was it phrased? Was it more like

”we don’t currently have any plans for additional scum epic” or

“We don’t plan on producing more scum epic”

The former. None planned, not no more. Andrew Navarro was cryptic about most future stuff (including more for this wave), but he seemed legitimately confused by the fact that anyone might expect more Scum Epic, so I'd write this one off for the next year or two.

I mean, given the pattern with Epic ships, I'm guessing this either means they haven't nailed down what's in scale (possibly with LFL) to use for the ship itself or there's like an internal direction not to release without a small ship fix bundle and they don't know what that is for Scum right this second. But the idea that they wouldn't produce another Epic ship for scum to match the two types for the other two factions doesn't seem likely. 

10 minutes ago, Kdubb said:

Wait, why would we be expecting one? 

6 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Because the other factions each have two

The other big reason is the FAQ clarification on Gonk that he only works on half of a two-part Epic-scale ship.

Gonk is Scum-only, and Scum don't have a two-part Epic-scale ship.

So...folks assumed one must be near or that FAQ update makes no sense.

42 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

Not current plans.

Ok. That’s not too bad. 

50 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

”we don’t currently have any plans

Means “there is not anything on the schedule, but maybe there will be in the future”

while

51 minutes ago, Forgottenlore said:

We don’t plan on producing more scum epic

Means “we’ve thought about it, but we decided not to”

Gotta say this doesn’t surprise me. I see the Croc on sale at several different places for months on end. There is no real MUST have cards in it like Palp or 3PO and I haven’t seen stock hurting anywhere either for it. It’d be interesting to see sales numbers for it but I’m willing to bet it’s the slowest moving epic ship and FFG isn’t known for fair or balance in terms of product. Ah well, sorry to you fellas who wanted scum epic. I still have yet to buy a Croc though because I just don’t like the faction but to each their own. At least they didn’t flat say no way.

It might well be that they are just undecided on what it should be. I know there's a few options in Legends but nothing thats ever really been in the limelight.

Maybe we'll see a scum capital ship in Solo? Those spikey dudes in the trailer that look like Fallen Captains from Destiny might be a larger faction of pirates etc that have a large ship suitable for epic play?

"No plans for Scum Epic outside of the CROC."

Because it is already shipping, but top secret from Solo, so we are not telling you yet.

The hope dies last!

Ok not very likely. Pity.

51 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Gotta say this doesn’t surprise me. I see the Croc on sale at several different places for months on end. There is no real MUST have cards in it like Palp or 3PO and I haven’t seen stock hurting anywhere either for it. It’d be interesting to see sales numbers for it but I’m willing to bet it’s the slowest moving epic ship and FFG isn’t known for fair or balance in terms of product. Ah well, sorry to you fellas who wanted scum epic. I still have yet to buy a Croc though because I just don’t like the faction but to each their own. At least they didn’t flat say no way.

Thst's FFG's own fault. Jabba could have been a cool card, if there would be a cheap 2crew carrier in Scum. In 100/6 you only have the Yv666. Pay for that one and Jabba, and you have not enough points left for other ships and enough Illicits for Jabba to pay off.

Design man hours and production capacity are finite. Does anyone really think another Scum epic would have any chance of being anything other than lowest possible priority for FFG? Between merchandising directives from LFL and higher player demand for other products, a statement like, “no future Scum epic planned,” shouldn’t surprise anyone.

FFG needs to seriously reconsider before bundling another standard play fix with an epic ship. Yes, it boosts initial sales of the epic product, but mostly feeding a secondary market of reselling standard play components. The “pack it with a small ship everyone wants” approach is wasteful, and most of the money made on those releases is going into third-party pockets. That’s money FFG would have made if they sold those standard play products separately, meanwhile the overwhelming majority of epic models produced are not being used by the consumer.

Many of those consumers (including me) publicly express frustration over the existing approach to epic ships. We’re the same players buying the  bundled standard play components on the secondary market, or not buying them at all. There’s enough of us that FFG should do some focused market research before they plan any future epic releases.

3 minutes ago, NervousSam said:

I'd rather have a Hammerhead corvette next anyways. 

That’s an interesting point. Did they say anything about epic other than scum? Is scum next in line and no plans for any epic right now or has scum been skipped for a more recent on screen ship? Because in fairness the FO and Resistance have 0 and both factions have current onscreen capital ships.