droz69

GAMA?

4 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Think there is any hope of them releasing the new s-foil X-wing in standard colors at some point?

God I hope so but not likely. This is totally FFG’s style to make you spend double per ship for a cool upgrade. Be thankful they didn’t put it in an epic which is totally in their realm of a correct manuever.

I sure as **** won’t buy more than 2 because I don’t feel like wasting more money than that on uwings.

Edited by LordFajubi

On 3/13/2018 at 9:48 PM, apoapsis said:

He also kept referring to it as wave 15 rather than wave 14. I'm guessing that was just an error on his part?

Yeah, that caught my attention too. I think he even corrected Chris one time for calling it wave 14. IDK if he was just convinced that it was 15 and that the last wave that was released was 14, or because there is solo movie stuff coming out either before or at the same time that is going to be a combined wave 15.

30 minutes ago, emperorscanaries said:

Yeah, that caught my attention too. I think he even corrected Chris one time for calling it wave 14. IDK if he was just convinced that it was 15 and that the last wave that was released was 14, or because there is solo movie stuff coming out either before or at the same time that is going to be a combined wave 15.

Is it possible FFG has learned a little something and will not release Solo ships till after the see it do things? I’d actually be impressed if so but then again if the movie bombs the ship sales will tank. Who knows.

4 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Is it possible FFG has learned a little something and will not release Solo ships till after the see it do things? I’d actually be impressed if so but then again if the movie bombs the ship sales will tank. Who knows.

I doubt they will ever stop having movie ships ready for movie release. I think their solution going forward is just to make the movie release ships good, even if say, the silencer doesnt have a missile that it technically should have. If it looks fast and dodgey, make it really fast and dodgey. If its bomby, make it really bomby. Then for any extra ships that you dont see enough of in the trailers, you just Tie Reaper it and release it a year later.

I think they can do some pretty cool stuff with the falcon and its crew with the little bit we already know, and the new tie fighter seems like it has an obvious characteristic to build around with the vertical turret thing. It would be nice if they could at least get the 1-page breakdown of the ships from the visual guide before they have to design everything, but it doesnt sound like thats ever going to happen. 

16 minutes ago, Wookiee_Slayer said:

Yeah, well i got the croc sitting at my desk as an ornament (cuz its pretty) but srsly how often do you use an m3a?

More than most haha. I’m the local crazy person who flys HWKs & Scycks in every list almost. 2 Hwk 2 Scyk, 2 Hwk Y-wing, 2 Scyk 2 Starviper, Sunny + 2 Loks...

Edit: The first 2 have won multiple tournaments, the 3rd one I’ve decided is a wash (I can’t fly Vipers), and the 4th hasn’t seen a tournament, yet, but has tested shockingly well.

Edited by Innese

22 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Only a fools hope, but I am there with you!

I disagree. I vote they will definitely release this model solo. The only question, to my mind, is whether they release repaints in both standard Rebel red AND blue or just blue?

Most likely is just blue, I'd wager. In a Scarif-themed pack with Antoc Merrick et al.

They'd be silly not to do this. It's basically them printing money!

Edited by evanger

1 hour ago, Wookiee_Slayer said:

NO EPIC FOR SCUM? THE CROC IS ALMOST WORSE THAN THE REBEL TRANSPORT!!!

Rebel Transport is a best epic ship by cost efficiency.

2 minutes ago, bernh said:

Rebel Transport is a best epic ship by cost efficiency.

If by cost efficiency you mean “minimize your investment in epic ships to field more small base ships” 

I really don’t like flying an unarmed thing around as a tax for my other ships. Would rather have something that can fight back 

4 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

If by cost efficiency you mean “minimize your investment in epic ships to field more small base ships” 

I really don’t like flying an unarmed thing around as a tax for my other ships. Would rather have something that can fight back 

It fights back very well. Just by ramming epic ships and smashing all others.

I am curious how the production costs compare on flappy vs non-flappy X-wings.  I would be very surprised to see X-wings with movable wings show up as a solo expack for $15.  It would be a pleasant surprise but I don't see it.  Especially with the pricing of the recent releases.

41 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

I am curious how the production costs compare on flappy vs non-flappy X-wings.  I would be very surprised to see X-wings with movable wings show up as a solo expack for $15.  It would be a pleasant surprise but I don't see it.  Especially with the pricing of the recent releases.

I’d be happy with a pack of 2 for 30-35. I know 35 isn’t one of their standard price point but I don’t know how I feel about 40 for two.

1 hour ago, evanger said:

I disagree. I vote they will definitely release this model solo. The only question, to my mind, is whether they release repaints in both standard Rebel red AND blue or just blue?

Most likely is just blue, I'd wager. In a Scarif-themed pack with Antoc Merrick et al.

They'd be silly not to do this. It's basically them printing money!

Maybe a Blue/Green with the Scarif pilots and Rebels pilots. 

1 hour ago, evanger said:

If they've gone through the trrouble of designing and manufacturing an X-Wing with closing s-foils, then yeah, they're not going to limit it to a single release.

With so many X-Wing buffs around now - Integrated Astromech, Flight Assist Astromech and the upcoming contents of Saw's Partisans - I'd wage it's almost inevitable that we see the ship released as a stand alone expansion.  Whether it eventually replaces the original model in the Core Set or X-Wing expansion is a different matter.

Although a Blue Squadron X-Wing Expeansion pack with General Antoc Merrick, Barion Raner and Jaldine Gerams might go down well!  :D

1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

If they've gone through the trrouble of designing and manufacturing an X-Wing with closing s-foils, then yeah, they're not going to limit it to a single release.

With so many X-Wing buffs around now - Integrated Astromech, Flight Assist Astromech and the upcoming contents of Saw's Partisans - I'd wage it's almost inevitable that we see the ship released as a stand alone expansion.  Whether it eventually replaces the original model in the Core Set or X-Wing expansion is a different matter.

Although a Blue Squadron X-Wing Expeansion pack with General Antoc Merrick, Barion Raner and Jaldine Gerams might go down well! 

I agree that the X-wing model 2.0 will almost certainly see another release but I'm not sure what form that will take.  A third X-wing clamshell would be potentially confusing.  If they wanted to release an X-wing and Y-wing "Battle of Scariff" pack, why do this crazy U-wing tie-in first?  Surplus U-wing plastic?  I'm still expecting/hoping for/dreading a Hammerhead Corvette with Blue Squadron X-wing included.  Probably the most exciting possibility for that missing SKU.

4 hours ago, Innese said:

More than most haha. I’m the local crazy person who flys HWKs & Scycks in every list almost. 2 Hwk 2 Scyk, 2 Hwk Y-wing, 2 Scyk 2 Starviper, Sunny + 2 Loks...

Edit: The first 2 have won multiple tournaments, the 3rd one I’ve decided is a wash (I can’t fly Vipers), and the 4th hasn’t seen a tournament, yet, but has tested shockingly well.

This!

I am testing right now Flechette Genesis Red, Sunny, Vaksais Talonbane and Viktor (from)Hel(l), with among other things BMST. 

1 minute ago, Managarmr said:

This!

I am testing right now Flechette Genesis Red, Sunny, Vaksais Talonbane and Viktor (from)Hel(l), with among other things BMST. 

What build are you using for Sunny?

I have yet to actually fly Genesis Red! I had him in a list with Serissu, Inaldra, and Quinn Jast but, before I got to even test it, Mindlink got nerfed.

14 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

I agree that the X-wing model 2.0 will almost certainly see another release [...]

Don't count on it... Scum though they would almost certainly get a Corvette... but if there is still no plan for that, then I doubt there will ever be one... 

So yeah, dont count on it I tell ya.

On the other hand, the X-wings = Rebels = Favored by the devs

Unlike scum... ;-; 

EDIT: Before i get any hate, its just a joke, take it that way

Edited by Wookiee_Slayer