Belvasques

Does ffg think about connecting their games?

I could be wrong, but each time FFG releases a new Star Wars game one of the first threads in all the Star Wars boards is how to connect them. First X-Wing and RPG. then X-Wing and IA, IA and RPG, IA and Armada, Armada and Rebellion.

i don’t know how much FFG has thought about it but I know the fan base does all the time. 

Edited by GrandAdmiralCrunch

3 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

I could be wrong, but each time FFG releases a new Star Wars game one of the first threads in all the Star Wars boards is how to connect them. First X-Wing and RPG. then X-Wing and IA, IA and RPG, IA and Armada, Armada and Rebellion.

i don’t know how much FFG has thought about it but I know the fan base does all the time. 

Got it. What, when I read the message I imagined that something could be linked in some way to the Corellian conflict. But so far it has nothing more than fan speculation.

Thank you very much for your message

1 minute ago, Belvasques said:

Got it. What, when I read the message I imagined that something could be linked in some way to the Corellian conflict. But so far it has nothing more than fan speculation.

Thank you very much for your message

Not a problem.

there is a market there for cross game content. Not sure what exactly is holding them back. Maybe they fear backlash from fans fearing that they have to buy into multiple systems? 

The best place to look is at fan threads. You can hopefully find something that is workable. 

45 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Not a problem.

there is a market there for cross game content. Not sure what exactly is holding them back. Maybe they fear backlash from fans fearing that they have to buy into multiple systems? 

The best place to look is at fan threads. You can hopefully find something that is workable. 

I imagine, it's too hard to keep more than one game. I buy the AI, the Armada, and some x-wing stuff. It's hard to keep up with all this.

4 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Tell me about it. I dropped X-Wing because IA and Armada were expensive enough. 

For me here in Brazil are very expensive. But I love both games. IA and Armada. I buy slowly, one season I upgrade in the other Armada in IA and so I'm going. The X-wing is a fantastic game, but I do not have the same excitement as the others 2.

I love dungeon crawler and Ia gives me this and the theme of star wars and the Armada for me is complete.

20 hours ago, Belvasques said:

People read in a post that the ffg could interlink the Armada campaign with the legion, does it confers? Could this occur or is it something fan made?

Unless otherwise stated (their Star Wars role playing games being the main counterexample) all the games FFG makes are independent from one another.  Efforts to combine the games are typically done by people who want a reason to create a narrative campaign.

1 hour ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

I've dreamed about linking the games for a long time. I do think that CC has given us the basic platform around which games can be designed. My team has come up with stuff. At some point we're going to try it. Thus far, life has been prohibitive.

That Cool. just trying to create something is already challenging, right?

Would be a fun tournament.

First is the LCG. Each time a battle happens there, you are doing an armada fight. When squadrons could attack each other you are doing a X-Wing match. After the armada match the legion match starts, and after this, when entering the base you are doing the IA match. Somewhere long will be a destiny match as well.

Sadly each round will take 6 hours this way. So bring some time for the 5 rounds swiss :D.

Some of these combination ideas have games happening concurrently inside one another... which is madness. An Armada game would take over two weeks to resolve if you played out every fighter combat exchange on an X-Wing table. By that point players are going to be fatigued from being in the same game for that long and only a moment of in-game time has passed.

Some kind of campaign system allowing one game to handle one kind of isolated conflict was the way I would take it. Take Rebellion for instance. On a turn, character missions like Sabotage runs would be played out in IA or X-Wing. Fleet battles would happen in Armada. Like Armada, meet for a campaign session to plan what each side is doing and use the rest of the week to play out those individual battles.

2 hours ago, Norsehound said:

Some of these combination ideas have games happening concurrently inside one another... which is madness. An Armada game would take over two weeks to resolve if you played out every fighter combat exchange on an X-Wing table. By that point players are going to be fatigued from being in the same game for that long and only a moment of in-game time has passed.

I agree that X-Wing should not be used to resolve squadron combat in Armada. I'm still unsure about how to precisely incorporate X-Wing, but it strikes me that it should represent special strike missions. For example, the strike on Eadu in Rogue One was a starfighter mission, as was the attack on the Death Star. I could see X-Wing missions involving attempts by one side to knock out the other side's shipyards and/or Spynet satellites.

7 minutes ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

I agree that X-Wing should not be used to resolve squadron combat in Armada. I'm still unsure about how to precisely incorporate X-Wing, but it strikes me that it should represent special strike missions. For example, the strike on Eadu in Rogue One was a starfighter mission, as was the attack on the Death Star. I could see X-Wing missions involving attempts by one side to knock out the other side's shipyards and/or Spynet satellites.

Yep. Or perhaps give a weakened state for the next Armada battle. Some amount of the fighter cap is removed for the defender in the area unless they have some other ability. It would be fun to try and put down some rules. 

1 hour ago, draco193 said:

Yep. Or perhaps give a weakened state for the next Armada battle. Some amount of the fighter cap is removed for the defender in the area unless they have some other ability. It would be fun to try and put down some rules. 

I agree. I've just decided that I'm not going to be the one to come up with those rules. That said, I do like to framework these things.

I think expansions  to the CC should be modular in a way that you can incorporate one, some, or all of them without seriously unbalancing things. I also like the idea of having dedicated players so that people who are not as keen on particular games can hand off the playing of those games to other players.

Honestly, I would also like to see a little more asymmetry between the Empire and the Rebels. Also, I think it would be interesting to see some way in which Scum could be included in a way that has a completely different type of win conditions as the Empire and Rebels who are in a zero-sum-game contest with one another. Scum also are not incorporated as a faction in Armada (or Legion, yet), the way they are in X-Wing and Imperial Assault.

EDIT:

I could see X-Wing being mostly about the interdiction/privateering of resources. Since there are already some Huge ships in X-Wing that are freighters,...

****, now I'm going to have to find someone to develop this ruleset, because I do feel that it MUST BE DONE! (But I don't want to do it.)

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

1 hour ago, Admiral Litje said:

I like the idea of Rebellion as the base game, with Armada and Legion resolving their specific areas of combat.

Not sure where Imperial assault or X-wing would come in, however.

it would be very interesting