Sign in to follow this  
GILLIES291

New Upgrade Cards You Would Like to See

4 hours ago, impspy said:

LvGuiQS.png

This is a cool idea but definitely needs to cost 5 maybe even 6.

Range 1-3 means counterplay is only stay out of arc.

Change two focus results to hits is better than a normal proton Torpedo too, for the same price.

Love the art btw

4 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

iL1xoiH.png

This is pricey for something that might not have a use, and highly limited range. Personally I think this should be 3 dice range 1-3 and cost 2 points. I've played so many games where there are no bombs, and if I saw someone with this I'd just drop my bombs before I was in range.

Posted these on reddit last week, but they are relevant here :)

Royal Guard - Crew - Imperial Only - 4 Points Your ships action bar gains the reinforce action

Sith Acolyte - Crew - Imperial Only - 2 Points When attacking a stressed enemy, roll one additional attack die. If your attack doesn’t hit, remove one stress token from the enemy

Snoke - Crew - Imperial Only - 5 Points At the start of the game, assign one force link token to one of your ships, and one force link token to an enemy ship. For the duration of the game, both ships share each others pilot abilities.

To the highest bidder - Illicit Upgrade - 2 Points / 4 Points / 6 Points / 8 Points Remove faction restrictions from this ship. You may not equip faction specific upgrades.

The first time this ship is destroyed, do not remove from play. The opposing player may discard any number of upgrades on active (e.g. not destroyed) ships up to or exceeding the points value of this card. If they do, this ship is assigned facedown damage cards until one hull is remaining, and from the next turn is under the control of the opposing player and until the end of the game counts as an enemy ship.

If the opposing player does not discard enough upgrades to reach or exceed the value of this card, remove the ship from play.

4 hours ago, impspy said:

T8hqoGQ.png

Iiz8wY9.png

yqMTzt7.png6xXOkkM.png

Afterburner - Good idea but easily 3 points, if not more. It's basically engine upgrade and a better black one title. So it's better than 5 points worth of upgrades. Still boosting ties sounds great.

Advanced Bombing - great a semi fix for Punisher and imperial Andrasta firesprays.

Laser Barrage - if you want to keep this tie only AND zero points, I think you should receive a jam token after making the second attack.

37 minutes ago, DerekDeath said:

Royal Guard - Crew - Imperial Only - 4 Points Your ships action bar gains the reinforce action

Sith Acolyte - Crew - Imperial Only - 2 Points When attacking a stressed enemy, roll one additional attack die. If your attack doesn’t hit, remove one stress token from the enemy

Snoke - Crew - Imperial Only - 5 Points At the start of the game, assign one force link token to one of your ships, and one force link token to an enemy ship. For the duration of the game, both ships share each others pilot abilities.

To the highest bidder - Illicit Upgrade - 2 Points / 4 Points / 6 Points / 8 Points Remove faction restrictions from this ship. You may not equip faction specific upgrades.

The first time this ship is destroyed, do not remove from play. The opposing player may discard any number of upgrades on active (e.g. not destroyed) ships up to or exceeding the points value of this card. If they do, this ship is assigned facedown damage cards until one hull is remaining, and from the next turn is under the control of the opposing player and until the end of the game counts as an enemy ship.

If the opposing player does not discard enough upgrades to reach or exceed the value of this card, remove the ship from play.

Snoke needs to say one of your unique ships.  Otherwise you just use him to copy an enemy ability onto a generic.

3 hours ago, Scum4Life said:

I love the Heavy Laser Cannon, but it's way undercooked, it should definitely not be less than 4, probably at least 5 too be honest.

For starters it would the best Cannon in the game, as much damage as mangled minus the critical, with the ability to ionised large ships.

Even restricted to ig aggressors, and gunboats it is strong and if it cost 2 it would be usable with the gunboat slam title.

But it doesn't do damage. It just adds the ionization effect.

11 minutes ago, impspy said:

But it doesn't do damage. It just adds the ionization effect.

You are right, don't know how I missed that, in which case a zero damage arc locked control Cannon. It's probably costed too high :P if it can only be used by gunboats and ig aggressors

I still want a 0 point Astromech with:

"When attacking or defending, you may roll an extra die. If you do, during the compare results step you must cancel one result."

Gives our X-wings and Y-wings a little more accuracy and survivability without really effecting their overall damage, and enables IA for the X-wings.

My idea for TIE fighters, Scycks and A-wings:

'Precise Weapon Controls' 0 pts.

Modification

When performing a primary weapon attack, during the compare results step, each of your <critical hit> results requires two <evade> results to cancel.  You may only equip this upgrade if your agility value is '3' or higher and your attack value is '2' or lower.

Basically allows you to fly 2 dice dog fighters again.  It doesn't really increase their max damage but makes their attacks more accurate.  It's only an auto include on TIE fighters and Scycks since A-wings will need to weigh having Autothrusters vs. this.  Combine with Crack Shot and/or Juke to really make those light swarmy ships scary again!

11 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

Nice. My boys and I came up with this one. Your eyes can deceive you, do not trust them....

20180310_101934.jpg.85a8c6e25b306faae9b4efc54d2c9608.jpg

Um. Wording needs a little work :D

Nice!  I would word it as 'When a ship outside of your firing arc at range 1-3 declares you as the target of an attack, you may assign one focus token to your ship'  I think adding range 3 to it would justify the cost.

I would also add: 'When you are destroyed, assign the "Force Ghost" condition card to a friendly Rebel Alliance ship'  Condition card would read: 'At the beginning of the Combat Phase you may discard this card, if you do, you may re-roll any number of dice on each of your attack or defense rolls this round.'

If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!

Luke! You've turned off your targeting computer!

46 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

Nice!  I would word it as 'When a ship outside of your firing arc at range 1-3 declares you as the target of an attack, you may assign one focus token to your ship'  I think adding range 3 to it would justify the cost.

I would also add: 'When you are destroyed, assign the "Force Ghost" condition card to a friendly Rebel Alliance ship'  Condition card would read: 'At the beginning of the Combat Phase you may discard this card, if you do, you may re-roll any number of dice on each of your attack or defense rolls this round.'

If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!

Luke! You've turned off your targeting computer!

Love it!

i'd like to see the following:

Astromech 2 points

When you executed a green maneuver this round, increase your agility value by 1 until the end of the round

Squad Coordinator 2 points - EPT dual card:

Side A:

At the beginning of combat you may assign a focus token to another friendly ship at range 1. You may flip this card at the end of the planning phase. 

Side B:

At the beginning of combat you may assign a focus token to another friendly ship at range 3. You may flip this card at the end of the planning phase. 

Edited by Taiowaa

18 hours ago, Sir13scott said:

•PROXY

crew

1pts

Your upgrade bar gains a crew slot. You may equip unique crew card that shares the same name as a unique pilot in your squad. 

(PROXY is the name of the droid from Star Wars: the force unleashed games that could change his appearance to that if anyone else.)

Imperial only ;)

17 hours ago, Mpori said:

Nice but expensive for what it does... Situational (arc position/ship position) benefits should be costed at 1 in the "attack of the TLT's" era.... Just sayin'... Cool card anyway!

Do you want broken stuff? Because that's how you get broken stuff.

13 hours ago, DerekDeath said:

So. 

I'm paying 5 points+ a crew carrier, and a crew slot so that I make one of the opponent's ship much better? (Along with my own)

Why would I choose this over Krennic? Why would I want the benefit for the other player? There are matchups with this card that whatever you pick, you make yourself weaker, and then there are loads when you can't do anything that would help you. 

1 minute ago, RufusDaMan said:

Imperial only ;)

Do you want broken stuff? Because that's how you get broken stuff.

So. 

I'm paying 5 points+ a crew carrier, and a crew slot so that I make one of the opponent's ship much better? (Along with my own)

Why would I choose this over Krennic? Why would I want the benefit for the other player? There are matchups with this card that whatever you pick, you make yourself weaker, and then there are loads when you can't do anything that would help you. 

Bring Duchess, copy an irrelevant ability from your ship onto a ship of theirs, and swap it for a useful one.

The bigger issue is that he does nothing at all if the enemy's ships are all generic or have irrelevant abilities (e.g. double casters)

J7xPbet.jpg

It's a fun card. Strong, but you have to kill your own **** to make it work. I think it would be fun with Ruthlessness Deci and a mini swarm :D Also, very thematic :D

XOxxEvL.jpg

A better tactician. It enables Ezra, which is thematic. Seems balanced to me also, maybe a bit weak. Maybe I'll remove the fire arc restriction.

ZNVkN6S.jpg

And the big one. It doesn't do anything on the ship he is in, and he costs a lot (no TIE Shuttle for our blue friend)

ho4gOYE.jpgSFy4yBH.jpg

But I think it will be worth it. It is powerful, but there is definitely counter play against it (try some Purgill against the ship he is in). It further promotes the idea that you don't want to bring 2 ship lists against Imperials. Also thematic.

Suicide Run

EPT - 0 pts

If your movement overlaps an enemy ship you may destroy this ship to do damage equal to your manuever's speed (hits) plus remaining hull (crits) to the enemy ship.

6 minutes ago, Jetfire said:

Suicide Run

EPT - 0 pts

If your movement overlaps an enemy ship you may destroy this ship to do damage equal to your manuever's speed (hits) plus remaining hull (crits) to the enemy ship.

An undamaged black sqd pilot doing 5 damage+3 critical damage? seems too good... 

Edit: On generic ties, this will one shot most large ships or fat smalls, dead miranda, dead dash, and dead Yorr, Brobots, more than half on a deci/ghost, and all for 20ish points

Edited by CMDR Ytterium

1 minute ago, Jetfire said:

Suicide Run

EPT - 0 pts

And then Swarms are suddenly viable again :D A full health TIE fighter can do 5 hits and 3 crits into the ghost. For 12 points :D Crazy stuff.

1 minute ago, RufusDaMan said:

And then Swarms are suddenly viable again :D A full health TIE fighter can do 5 hits and 3 crits into the ghost. For 12 points :D Crazy stuff.

it takes an ept slot so it has to be a black squadron pilot but for 14pts, I would need to buy me some more ties

Edited by CMDR Ytterium

Probe Droid

bomb slot

2 points?

after executing a maneuver, if you are within range 1 of an obstacle, you may diacard this card and place a probe droid token on the nearest obstacle at range 1 that does not have a probe droid token.

Probe Droid Token

At the beginning of combat, you may assign a blue target lock to the obstacle with a probe droid token, and a Red target lock to an enemy ship at range 1 of the obstacle.

A friendly ships may spend target locks from the probe droid as if they were their own.