Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GILLIES291

New Upgrade Cards You Would Like to See

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, impspy said:

The only concern I have with that is that it's open to abuse. Put multiples on anything with a secondary weapon and you've got the Miranda problem but worse since you could stack them.

That's why the cost increases nonlinearly.  It's much much better with 3 copies - but it costs 2 points per copy rather than 1.

Also, the number of dice is always capped at whatever the number of dice the ship could normally roll is - this is a reliability upgrade, not a dice numbers upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Life Signs Onboard

modification, 1 pt

if this ship has no ‘living’ pilots or crew* it cannot be attacked until this ship makes an attack.

 

 

* Living pilots and crew do not include the following;

 

R2-D2

Chopper

4-LOM

IG-88 (A,B,C,D)

K4 security droid

Guri

Gonk

Leebo

C-3PO

K2SO   (Oops, sorry)

AP-5

courier droid

 

 

Did i miss any?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

•PROXY

crew

1pts

 

Your upgrade bar gains a crew slot. You may equip unique crew card that shares the same name as a unique pilot in your squad. 

(PROXY is the name of the droid from Star Wars: the force unleashed games that could change his appearance to that if anyone else.)

Edited by Sir13scott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SirCormac said:

Easier to bullseye them that way, though.

So where is my T-16 Skyhopper with bullseye arc?

Give it TIE Fighter stats, Z-95 dial, focus, boost, evade.  Crew upgrade.

 

if the TIE Striker can be in this game, then so can this suborbital airspeeder converted space fighter.

 

Wormie is the PS 8 pilot.

Edited by GrimmyV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

So where is my T-16 Skyhopper with bullseye arc?

Give it TIE Fighter stats, Z-95 dial, focus, boost, evade.  Crew upgrade.

 

if the TIE Striker can be in this game, then so can this suborbital airspeeder converted space fighter.

 

Wormie is the PS 8 pilot.

I think we just definitively ended this thread. This is the new upgrade (well, ship) the game needs, nay, demands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Nice. My boys and I came up with this one. Your eyes can deceive you, do not trust them....20180310_101934.jpg.85a8c6e25b306faae9b4efc54d2c9608.jpg

Nice but expensive for what it does... Situational (arc position/ship position) benefits should be costed at 1 in the "attack of the TLT's" era.... Just sayin'... Cool card anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mpori said:

Nice but expensive for what it does... Situational (arc position/ship position) benefits should be costed at 1 in the "attack of the TLT's" era.... Just sayin'... Cool card anyway!

Looking back, I totally agree. Tbh, I think we changed the ability after putting the cost in. Thanks for appreciating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paired torpedoes launcher (PTL-2... Eh?). Type: Torpedo. Range 1-2, Attack 2. Spend your target lock to perform this attack twice and discard this card. Each time this attack hits the defender suffers 1 face up damage card. Then cancel all dice results. 

Edited by Mpori

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cuz05 said:

Nice. My boys and I came up with this one. Your eyes can deceive you, do not trust them....

20180310_101934.jpg.85a8c6e25b306faae9b4efc54d2c9608.jpg

Um. Wording needs a little work :D

This is a great card; especially since Rebel ships without turrets are so underused (save Wookees which are basically turrets). Well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, impspy said:

The only concern I have with that is that it's open to abuse. Put multiples on anything with a secondary weapon and you've got the Miranda problem but worse since you could stack them.

It's also too cheap, it should start at 2 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, piznit said:

I'd love to see some ideas on some "combo" cards that use multiple slots that haven't been done yet.  Something like a Crew/Systems upgrade or a Missile/Tech card.  

What about this... Astromech Scan Protocols (Icons: Sys/Astro): You can aquire target locks, even while you are stressed, on range 2 and beyond. When you spend a TL, add a focus token to your ship. Cost:2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, impspy said:

 

 

1HtWgn1.png

Wx8vnZ0.png

I love the Heavy Laser Cannon, but it's way undercooked, it should definitely not be less than 4, probably at least 5 too be honest.

 

For starters it would the best Cannon in the game, as much damage as mangled minus the critical, with the ability to ionised large ships.

 

Even restricted to ig aggressors, and gunboats it is strong and if it cost 2 it would be usable with the gunboat slam title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, piznit said:

I'd love to see some ideas on some "combo" cards that use multiple slots that haven't been done yet.  Something like a Crew/Systems upgrade or a Missile/Tech card.  

Yeah, this is one of my favourite ideas for fixes that aren't just pure 'this ship only have a buff'.  EWing fix could easily be a system/astro card, for instance.

54 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:

It's also too cheap, it should start at 2 points.

I'm open to point increases.  2/4/8 may well be more balanced.  1 instance of it is somewhere around a 1 die reroll, which is priced at somewhere between two and 3 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...