Galahax

What Landscape are you playing on first?

Hey all! I was curious about what landscapes the community was playing on (or focusing on building) first when Legion comes out? I myself had a lot of back and forth between the big 3 of Tat, Hoth and Endor. I saw another post out there with someone building a Scarif landscape which I thought looked amazing and didn't even think of.

I finally settled down though on building for Tatooine, as there seems to be just an abundance of MDF or 3d printed terrain to help shape things up. Endor is definitely in my sights after that.

Also, do you plan on creating your own baseboard or use battle mats? And if so through who?

What are your plans??

Edited by Galahax

Got 3 tables to pick from at ome all ready to go, Scariff 6x3, Endor 6x3 and Tatooine 3x3.

Scariff and Endor are the most impressive tables imo but as the Tatooine is 3x3, ill be playing round at home on that first.

Created my own Lah'mu and desert/Tatooine mats. Almost definitely basing black and painting dark camo for Lah'mu, though I think desert will be a good change of pace. I'm not in a rush to make a third option, I'd rather keep making terrain for the other two.

I’ll be playing on a board that disturbingly resembles the bocage area of France as all of my terrain is for bolt action.  

Im hoping that I can easily make some desert terrain that’s appropriate for historicals and legion, but the board size differences are kind of tripping me up.

Mine is a Raxus Prime scrapyard table. I original just made a bunch of random junk pieces and it looked pretty cool, but I'm working on reformatting into a variety of 6x6, 6x12, and 12x12 inch tiles to make it easily set up and fairly modular. I've got some pics in Tables/Setup thread. I'm pretty pleased with the way it's coming together. It was really pretty cheap too since I built most of it out of trash and other odds and ends from around the house. I'll post more pics when I'm done fixing up the tiles. 

I built my own board with 1/2” thick mdf board. It is 6x4 and i have mounted felt to it.

I am going for “generic forest world” for right now. It’s non-descript enough it could be Endor, or maybe the Naboo forests, or anywhere that’s not overly specific and has lots of trees. I have my homemade terrain to support the forest feel that I can place on the board, and I have the Imperial Terrain crate package all painted up to add to the terrain and give it a little Moreno of a Star Wars feel instead of generic sci-fi game.

The felt is a brown but I’ll be spray painting dark green on it when it stays warm enough to do so outside. That will give the green/brown look I’ve seen on a lot of Endor-esque boards.

3 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

Got 3 tables to pick from at ome all ready to go, Scariff 6x3, Endor 6x3 and Tatooine 3x3.

Scariff and Endor are the most impressive tables imo but as the Tatooine is 3x3, ill be playing round at home on that first.

Oh, do you have some good pics of the Scarif table? I've been thinking about making that first since I love Rogue One.

7 minutes ago, VictoryLeo said:

Oh, do you have some good pics of the Scarif table? I've been thinking about making that first since I love Rogue One.

This thread mate.  Mine was opied of a much better table i noticed on Facebook(i also posted that table in the Table/inspiration thread on here)

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/271352-my-3-tables-endor-scariff-and-tatooine/

10 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

I've been working on an industrial area map, calling it "the trainyard"  That's going to be my primary battleground, and certainly the first one I do.

https://imgur.com/a/3DMAW

Looking good so far.  Imo needs a few structures?  Something like the hangar bay from Imeprial Terrain would look great imo.

That's the plan.  Eventually I'll have all the Imperial Terrain and Battle Kiwi stuff.

But for now I'm finishing painting them while I wait for the printer I'm using to get some service.

Also, what I have takes up a lot of real estate on the mat, especially when you consider that barricades will be on there as well.  I don't want it to get too busy.

Edited by Zrob314

8 minutes ago, Omnustechni said:

I like that a lot. I'd like to see more urban setting. Good work!

Yeah, everyone is making these far flung locales...which kinda makes sense seeing the movies, but I'm drifting more toward stuff like the fight in Jeddah City, or at Maz's place

9 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

Yeah, everyone is making these far flung locales...which kinda makes sense seeing the movies, but I'm drifting more toward stuff like the fight in Jeddah City, or at Maz's place

I really want to see someone do a good lower levels of Coruscant table. I hope one of these crazy talented people on this forum do one eventually.  

As the Kitchen Table campaign went into its second month with no sign of progress for either side, lead elements of the two great armies drew up near Upsidedown Plate Hill. The battle for the Salt Grinder was to go down in history as one of the bloodiest battles of the war. The disastrous charge by the Pickle-Jar Brigade against the entrenched imperial forces at the Clothes Peg barricade was to prove a turning point. As the sixth turn drew to an end, Luke's battered forces could only retreat through the Greenpaper woods, broken and demoralised.

Edited by Weatsop

3 hours ago, Omnustechni said:

I really want to see someone do a good lower levels of Coruscant table. I hope one of these crazy talented people on this forum do one eventually.  

lower level Courscant presents a problem, it's cramped down there, and would only be like 10-20 feet high tops.  If you wanted it to be realistic it would be way too crowded for the game to function well.  

Mine I can pretend is on the top...like the airport that they crash landed on in RotS.

15 hours ago, Weatsop said:

As the Kitchen Table campaign went into its second month with no sign of progress for either side, lead elements of the two great armies drew up near Upsidedown Plate Hill. The battle for the Salt Grinder was to go down in history as one of the bloodiest battles of the war. The disastrous charge by the Pickle-Jar Brigade against the entrenched imperial forces at the Clothes Peg barricade was to prove a turning point. As the sixth turn drew to an end, Luke's battered forces could only retreat through the Greenpaper woods, broken and demoralised.

That made my day. :D

I am building a modular interior table that will double as either the Death Star interior or a Star Destroyer interior. I am using my Imperial Assault Droids as objective markers. It is being built out of foamcore board and I have scaled and printed very detailed decals on 8x11 label sheets to adhere to the foam board.

I also want to have a Tattooine table but mine will be the Jundland Wastes. High canyons and large rock formations. I have several 1:48 scale models that are going to become battlefield debris for that table. (A-wings, Snowspeeders, AT-ST's)