GiledPallaeon

MONSTER TRUCK MANIA Battle Reports Thread

The game between @Bantha and @Dark Raverended with a 739-468 (MOV 271) or 7:4 in my favour. I chose his Station Assault. We managed to have a very fast and intense game, which only took about 3 h.

Deployment: As expected Bantha put his grav shift reroute near the two stations, which were set up on the far right, to move them to the very edge. His two grav well tokens blocking the space on the other side to slow down the stations attackers. 9 to 8 deployments left no room for any outdeploying. I set up my whole fleet on the opposite side of his stations with all pointing straight at them and set to speed 0, which causes no problems because of hondo and entrapment formations. He sended his two Dictors as guards for the stations and his 3 ISDs more to the middle to flank my ISDs, threatening the stations. After 5 rounds we called it. And it was a huge slaughter again. 5 ISDs, 1 VSD and a Dictor went down. So did all of my TIEs.

Turns 1 and 2 didn`t saw much action. Slow rolling fleets trying to a avoid front arcs as long as they can. My TIEs and his big aces squad ball were lurking quite in the middle of the fleets but didn`t do much at first. Last action of the round saw the first salvo of the battle. His leftmost ISD`s against mine.
And that must have been the moment, where all the tension falled down from all crews in both fleets! They finally could do what they were prepared for.

Turns 3 and 4 began with massive broadsides in rapid order while all ships moved in range of the one or another ship and Fighters slowly engaging. First victim was my middle set VSD, which was not able to trigger OP a single time. That happend at the end of turn 3. My TIEs split up in two groups. Plan was to tie down his squad ball as long as possible. That worked well until the end of turn 4. One of the last actions, but by far not the last of round 3, saw bigpasiak cycle the round and the command stacks, causing massive confusion, didn`t say anything to it and disappeared immediately after that move. NOT VERY COOL Bantha and I could not solve the problem but agreed to new command stacks for the last 3 rounds.

Turn 5 finished the crippeled ships on both sides. His squad ball only lost a decimator and managed to take down one of my ISD`s. In return I destroyed 2 of his ISd`s and a Dictor. We called the game at the beginning of round 6. His remaining squads were not able to reach my ISD`s and my ISD`s were not able to reach his last dictor, which managed to get away with only one remaining hull.

In the end this game felt like a decisive victory for me, with 3 ISD´s left on my side +both stations destroyed and all of his ships down but one Dictor and the squads. But that seemed, as @Realadmiralsdoitinspace mentioned before, like the nature of Monster Truck games. To score a 8:3 you have to bring down 280 points more then your opponent!?! Thats about two ISD´s!?! Dont know how @Green Knightmanaged to score a 10:1 with a not massive farming objective. Have to see the log and learn it!:)

Looking forward to the next round....

Log or Logs following at the point we manage to split the format or send it via dropbox.

Edited by Dark Raver

Ard vs @Rikash comes to an end at the bottom of Round 5 with an 880-466 win for me, for an 8-3 (414 MoV).  Great game by Rik, who kept a very sportsmanlike attitude despite my sloppy play and frequent familial interruptions.  We played his CO and split the objective tokens 2-2. 

Game came down to a crucial survival by ISD Judicator, which survived 2 full ISD2 front arcs and 3 side arcs (lined up in part by a super-duper blunder on my part) to push out a hail of unexpected fire into ISD Sovereign and ISD Chimaera, dropping both a round early and denying them some serious retributive shots.

My +1 activation advantage (lol, activation advantage with ISD spam) really came into play a few times, letting me force traps despite his immaculate gameplay.

That squadron ball was absolutely murderous, especially with Thrawn enabling them to activate every round while still pulling out the navs and engineering when needed.

I'm happier with this fleet overall than I'd thought I would be.  Every piece of my fleet has been critical.  Seventh Fleet saved me something like 15 damage, including two rounds in which they were all exhausted--and, more importantly, on two occasions kept an ISD alive when it was dead to rights, giving it return shots.  Worth the 30 points overall?  Maybe not.  But I still really liked it.

I'm loving the three Fleet Command build.  IF of course takes care of business.  I used it on almost every shot I took.  I can't say how many shields STM regenned, but it's high.  It's really high.  And EF is amazing for precision control of a whole fleet of ISDs without completely relying on nav commands--though I'm still somewhat stuck in the "all Nav all the time" mindset--breaking out of that with some CF or Repair would benefit the fleet a lot.

Logfile

0il2xF1.jpg

fEfKWeN.jpg

j7Li195.jpg

Zw3pcb7.jpg

DI4UkLt.jpg

lPEuWE4.jpg

Edited by Ardaedhel

On 4/8/2018 at 1:51 AM, Ardaedhel said:

Game came down to a crucial survival by ISD Judicator, which survived 2 full ISD2 front arcs and 3 side arcs (lined up in part by a super-duper blunder on my part) to push out a hail of unexpected fire into ISD Sovereign and ISD Chimaera, dropping both a round early and denying them some serious retributive shots.

I think all that would have done is let me maybe pick up vader to drop it back to a 7-4 or maybe a 6-5. :) For me the big breaking point here was me not following through with my plan of slow roll followed by a jump to 3 and run away with EF and Thrawn Nav after picking up 3-4 ISDs on the right flank. I changed execution mid-game and that cost me. :) Judicator living definitely didn't help though. Sovereign rolling a grand total of like 6-7 damage (after IF) over 4-5 shots didn't help, of course. Sovereign/Chimaera/Wullf continues to be a great combo for getting exactly the non-IF fleet command I need.

ItzSteve and I finished our game this morning with a final score of 597 - 414 with an MOV of 183 playing my Solar Corona. Great game, which included a Cymoon one shotting a full hp/shielded (but speed 0) Assault Frigate- 9 Damage!!!

Logfiles Below

•  
Edited by MandalorianMoose

@Lord Preyer and I have finished our game.

He played my blockade run, and we set up nose to nose for a bloody game. In the end, losses were extreme on both sides, and both sides played exceedingly well. However, I shrugged off the squadrons and managed to table Preyer on turn 5.

Final Score is 800 - 559 for a 241pt MOV as he killed my three stooge ISD cymoons with their obj tokens on them, and since the game ended turn 5 I didn't have a chance to my other ships across the line to score my own points.

JJs vs Ninja (Player 1)

502-418

Objective: Contested Outpost

No time for a write up. Stuff was shot, stuff died. 2Af, MC-75, and squads (-gold) for me. Dic, Vic, Quasar, and 3 squads for Ninja. I got 4 rounds of outpost tokens to put me ahead. Good fast game, and thanks to my opponent!

@Villakarvarousku and I finished our game a short while ago. I won it 460-451 for a 6-5, MoV 9. We played my DT, which we tied for tokens. 

I killed both 75s and one 80, and another 80 limped away on 1 hull. I lost the ISD-1, the flagship, and both squads.

Round 1 nothing much happened. We each got 3 tokens, and the rightmost Liberty got a face up from an asteroid that would prove decisive. It was the card that prevented attacks against obstructed targets. On round 2 I managed to get another crit into it from an ISD at long range, which allowed me to change a command dial or its speed. I changed it's command dial to concentrate fire and maneuvered my 3 ISDs that were in range of it to stay within it's side arc, which was obstructed. The Lib activated, was unable to attack, moved, and died to the third ISD volley. One ISD was just on the border of long and medium range, and we couldn't quite tell which it was. Vil ruled it as in (as defender, I felt it only fair to allow him to choose) and that caused the death of the Lib. 

On the other side of the table, in the left corner of the deployment zone, the ISD-I squared off against the second Star Cruiser (the one with the twins) and both 75s. Thanks to Thrawn and STM! it survived the double arc of the Liberty and the side arc of the first 75 and was able to pop the other before it activated with a close range double arc which saw 11 damage out of the front (all three blacks and a red were doubles!). It also had the good fortune to land on the station in its move, recovering one more hull point, though being shieldless it died to squadron attacks that same round. Still, it's presence meant that the rest of my ISDs (which I given repairs instead of navigates, the only time in my experience so far where that was a mistake) formed a Cascading Ram Scenario.

My flagship went down to squads the next turn, but Vil had decided to keep the 75 in range just in case, so my next ISD blew it out of the water before rolling just short of the required damage to kill the last Star Cruiser (needed an acc and a double, or a hit and a double, got an acc and a hit). We called it here, as it was turn 5 and nothing was in range of anything. The squads would never have been able to kill my 3 remaining ISDs, as they were all at essentially full health, baring the 1 hull point lost to ramming, and the 2 Liberties were able to skirt the edge of the table and stay out of range.

Here're the logs:

P1

P2

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular

jp82729 vs Cninj goes to me.  (546-410, 136 MOV, 7-4)

We played his Contested Outpost.  jp placed his 4 VSDs in the grav well next to the station, daring me to come in and face their wrath.  Pryce Avenger Kuat came in and deleted the leftmost one, while Sloane's ISD flanked right.  Once they started shooting though, the VSDs wrecked my VSD and Kuat.  jp held the station but I got his squads, allowing me to kill 3 of his VSDs and the Quasar.  The Chimaera was in the battle with fleet commands and Thrawn (they really add up) but stayed out of the main fight.  A great and very well played game. Thanks to jp for such a pleasant and clean game.

Thanks to @GiledPallaeonfor setting this all up!

Sorry for the lateness of report!

@Bantha wins against me! (623-43, 9-2), we played my Fleet Ambush

With his interdictors, he managed to split my fleet in 2 and still have one of my ISDs speed 0. From them on, it was a bloodshed, as ranges for 7th fleet were broken, and his ships more centralized could fire several salvos of several dice every turn, while my broken formations struggled to get any front arcs. The squads were basically the same, except from my bombers that were on the other side of the board, and so their fight lasted until the last minute. As my ISDs were torn down one by one, his ships carried on, leaving us to call the match once my last ISD and his fleet were on opposite sides of the board.

I had a great game, tense all along, and very turned to a strategical side (my favourite kind) as dice were kind to both of us

Edited by Visovics
MoV fix

1 hour ago, Visovics said:

Sorry for the lateness of report!

@Bantha wins against me! (671-43, 9-2), we played my Fleet Ambush

With his interdictors, he managed to split my fleet in 2 and still have one of my ISDs speed 0. From them on, it was a bloodshed, as ranges for 7th fleet were broken, and his ships more centralized could fire several salvos of several dice every turn, while my broken formations struggled to get any front arcs. The squads were basically the same, except from my bombers that were on the other side of the board, and so their fight lasted until the last minute. As my ISDs were torn down one by one, his ships carried on, leaving us to call the match once my last ISD and his fleet were on opposite sides of the board.

I had a great game, tense all along, and very turned to a strategical side (my favourite kind) as dice were kind to both of us

Great game! Like the best sunday morning activity you can think  about! But the MoV was 623-43. 

Thanks @GiledPallaeon for organising the hole thing! Was a real pleasure and I will join the next one for sure

Hey Guys! Sorry for the late report, but the game between @Lord Preyer and me showed up with some difficulties and so finished early this morning.

We played my PIC and it ended with a 781:63 (or 10:1) for me. Great thanks to @Lord Preyer, who is a very nice guy. It was a new experience for me to have him on the phone all the time while playing, but big fun. And that he did not concede when it was already clear, that the whole thing went in my way. That showed big sportsmanship! Thanks again....

Not much time to write down a big report, only a couple of things that are nice to notice. Having 5 ships and a strategic adviser, and him, having 4 ship without that guy, meant a huge advantage for me. 3 big hitters, that waited until his ships crossed the overlapping arcs of 4 Cymoons and a d-caps VSD was overkill for his forces. But his squadball was awesome and managed to destroy my squads in the second round (except of Howlrunner). If the game had lasted longer then turn 3, they would have been a competition for my ships, but thanks to incredible hot dice and a little bit of luck, it ended after turn 3.

I think pictures can describe better what happened than me with my poor english. So here are two that show pretty well what happened in turn 3....

End of Turn 2:

5ae36c2c8d443_Screenshot(3).jpg.1f8bf77fdfc5136f75d1d20d7a7d14f6.jpg

End of Turn 3:

5ae36c4dcc3a4_Screenshot(1).jpg.7225299c5eda914dcb82399feb8490e5.jpg

Special thanks to @GiledPallaeon for hosting this fantastic format. I look forward to more exciting battles with you guys!!!

Thanks a lot to everyone!

With Worlds over and my life marginally less insane for a spell, @JJs Juggernaut and I finally managed to get our game in.  We called it a 6-5 to me on Round 4 so as not to drag it out.  Opening of R4, Ackbar's flagship Home One and an AF2 went down in exchange for Inexorable, with the positioning clearly favoring me, Vader on his way out of the fight, me up an activation in a tight activation fight, and Aspiration clearly doomed at the opening of the following round.

My piles of red dice had a pretty strong showing, while his piles of red dice did not.  First player advantage also had a lot to do with the outcome:  each one of rounds 2-4, an ISD jumped out of danger or got a big shot off early due to first player advantage.  Jugger played a great game, the Force was just not with him and the Dark Side smiled darkly on me in darkness.  Dark.

I'll post the log and some screenshots, maybe tomorrow, but tonight I'm sleepy.

@MandalorianMoose vs @Rikash ends in a  8-3 (392 MOV, 571-179) victory for Grand Admiral Thrawn after some (minor) delays. Thrawn's mighty 7th Fleet Vanguard (and minor accompanying squad buddies) destroy Ackbar's flagship Home One with the help of a sacrificial lamb Interdictor. The Distraction-Dictor charged at the mighty MC80 and drew fire from all sides while repairing like a lunatic (up to effectively 10 engineering points twice thanks to the magic of Thrawn and Shields to Maximum). Thrawn himself oversaw his opponents demise in Chimaera, before leaving the mopping up of survivors to his remaining ISDs (ignore the flames leaking out the back of Chimaera, those are merely decorative). Regent (Carrier ISD1) and Sovereign (Cymoon long range sniper on loan from Moff Tarkin) destroy a pair of assault frigates.