any2cards

D2e Companion Card Viewer - Update

Posted (edited)

Several years ago, I created the D2e Companion Card Viewer for Chrome.  If you are new, or aren't aware of what it is, it is a custom extension for the Chrome browser that will automatically underline the name of cards that come with D2e when it finds it on web pages for FFG, BGG, Reedit and Roll20.

If you then use your mouse and hover over the underlined card text, it will automatically display the card in question.  Many have found this to be very helpful when carrying on discussions within this and other forums.  You can install the extension for Chrome by accessing it here: D2e Companion Card Viewer.

Due to some very serious medical issues, I have found myself with a bunch of free time on my hands.  For that reason, I intend on updating this extension to hopefully address some of the following:

1. Replace all of the card images with clearer images
  2. Implement some minor tweaks and fixes as it pertains to how cards show
  3. Implement some new functionality to allow for you to choose the type of card shown
  4. Implement Sadgit's remade cards for those cards that have official FAQs.

Some of the above may or may not be possible, based on my skill levels and the assistance I may receive from Guido Kessels, the individual that provided me with a leg up when it came to creating this card viewer (specifically points 2 and 3).  It is based on his excellent work with the X-Wing Companion Card Viewer.

I am somewhat concerned about implementing Sadgit's remade cards to reflect FFG official FAQ rulings.  Currently, he has 18 such cards made. I am thinking that instead of replacing the existing cards, I may simply create a second card to show with the original.  My thinking is that if people are new to this, or are unaware of such changes, they may become confused with what their card reads versus what gets displayed with this tool.

Anyway, this will take time, as there are many cards to deal with.  Since I am going through this now, if you have any additional insights, comments, feature requests, etc., now would be the time to speak up.  I can't promise implementing all of them, as my skills may not permit it, but I will do my best.

I will post updates to this top entry as things get done and are available.

Edited by any2cards

I started with the Search Deck, and began playing around with my images, to see if I can make them better.

I began with the Curse Doll image.  By hovering over the words to the left, you should see the old image versus the new image.  I think the new image is better.

Thoughts?  If people agree, I will probably go through the effort of changing all of the card images.

I agree that the image is clearer. Send me an email if you want me to scan in some of my cards at a higher resolution. I also have some thoughts about dealing with "damaged" cards.

Shop Items Act I New Images / Sizes

Archaic Scroll                      Cloak Of Mists               Iron Battleaxe             Mapstone                        Staff Of Greyhaven
Baron's Cloak                     Corpsebug Brooch       Ironbound Rune         Marsh Cloak                    Steel Broadsword
Battle Tome                        Crossbow                        Iron Shield                   Mistbane                         Sunburst
Bearded Axe                       Deflecting Shield           Iron Spear                   Phoenix Pendant            Teleportation Rune
Belt Of Alchemy                 Dire Flail                          Jeweled Mace              Poisoned Blowgun        Thief's Vest
Belt Of Waterwalking        Elm Greatbow               Jinn's Lamp                  Ring Of Power                Trident
Blessed Shield                    Elven Boots                    Leather Armor            Rune Plate                       Undying Skull
Bloodscript Ring                Flash Powder                 Lifedrain Scepter        Scorpion Helm                White Wolf Cloak
Bloody Dagger                   Guardian Axe                Light Hammer             Serpent Dagger             Witch Hazel Bow
Bone Blade                         Halberd                          Lucky Charm                Shadow Bracers
Boots Of Iron                     Handbow                        Mace Of Aver              Shield Of Light
Bow Of Bone                      Heavy Cloak                   Magic Staff                  Sling
Chainmail                           Immolation                    Magma Blast               Soulbound Sword
City Guard's Bow              Incendiary Arrows        Mana Weave               Soulstone

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Cocky Rooster said:

I love the work you've done, but is it possible to restrict the cards from showing up in other FFG sub forums?

Unfortunately, the short answer, is no.

The longer answer ... still no. :P  The reason is that the viewer works on URLs to determine what sites it works with.  Due to the way FFG forms their URLs, there is no way for me to differentiate that you are in the D2e subforum vs the X-Wing subforum vs any other subforum.

If you want, take a look at the URLs when you go into various subforums.  You can't differentiate between them.  All that is consistent is "community.fantasyflightgames.com".

Yes, it does say "forum/224-descent-journeys-in-the-dark-second-edition/" when you are at the topic level, but once you go into a topic, it no longer has that formation.  Without that differentiation, there is no way for me to achieve what you want it to achieve. 

I would prefer it to work the way you want it to ... but I can't make it do it.  Sorry.

Edited by any2cards

Shop Items Act II New Images / Sizes

Belt Of Strength                   Fists Of Iron                   Latari Longbow                Rune Of Fate                         Winged Blade
Black Iron Helm                   Glaive                              Lightning Javelin              Rune Of Misery
Blasting Rune                       Golden Mask                 Lightning Strike                Rune-Touched Leather
Blessed Armor                      Grinding Axe                 Mace Of Kellos                 Sash Of The Slayer
Bloodthirsty Bracers           Hammer Of Doom        Mask Of Horrors              Scalemail
Bone Wand                           Heart Seeker                  Merciful Boots                 Shadow Tome
Boomerang                          Heavy Steel Shield         Nerekhall Plate                Shroud Of Dusk
Bow Of The Eclipse             Horned Shield                Obsidian Greataxe          Staff Of Kellos
Bow Of The Sky                    Ice Storm                        Obsidian Scalemail         Staff Of The Wild
Cloak Of Deception             Inscribed Robes            Platemail                           Star Of Kellos
Demonhide Leather           Ironbound Glaive          Rage Blade                        Steel Greatsword

Dragontooth Hammer       Iron-Bound Ring           Rat-Tooth Dagger            Stone Armor
Dwarven Firebomb             Ironbound Shield          Repeating Crossbow       Tival Crystal
Elven Cloak                          Iron Claws                       Rune Of Blades                Vestments Of Kellos

1 minute ago, any2cards said:

Shop Items Act II New Images / Sizes

Belt Of Strength                   Fists Of Iron                   Latari Longbow                Rune Of Fate                         Winged Blade
Black Iron Helm                   Glaive                              Lightning Javelin              Rune Of Misery
Blasting Rune                       Golden Mask                 Lightning Strike                Rune-Touched Leather
Blessed Armor                      Grinding Axe                 Mace Of Kellos                 Sash Of The Slayer
Bloodthirsty Bracers           Hammer Of Doom        Mask Of Horrors              Scalemail
Bone Wand                           Heart Seeker                  Merciful Boots                 Shadow Tome
Boomerang                          Heavy Steel Shield         Nerekhall Plate                Shroud Of Dusk
Bow Of The Eclipse             Horned Shield                Obsidian Greataxe          Staff Of Kellos
Bow Of The Sky                    Ice Storm                        Obsidian Scalemail         Staff Of The Wild
Cloak Of Deception             Inscribed Robes            Platemail                           Star Of Kellos
Demonhide Leather           Ironbound Glaive          Rage Blade                        Steel Greatsword

Dragontooth Hammer       Iron-Bound Ring           Rat-Tooth Dagger            Stone Armor
Dwarven Firebomb             Ironbound Shield          Repeating Crossbow       Tival Crystal
Elven Cloak                          Iron Claws                       Rune Of Blades                Vestments Of Kellos

These are all showing up as X-wing cards...j/k

Posted (edited)

Class Items - New Images / Sizes

Arcane Bolt                        Lute                                              Tribal Cloak
Black Widow's Web         Oak Staff                                      War Hammer
Chipped Greataxe            Prismatic Staff                            Wooden Shield
Double Crossbow             Reaper's Scythe                         Worn Greatsword
Feathered Hatchet           Rusted Handaxe                        Yew Shortbow
Horn Of Courage              Sage's Tome
Hunting Knife                    Signet Ring
Hunting Spear                  Skinning Knife
Iron Flail                             Smoking Vials
Iron Longsword                Staff Of The Grave
Iron Mace                          Stasis Rune
Jagged Handaxe               The Dead Man's Compass
Leather Whip                    Throwing Knives
Lucky Charm                     Traveler's Blade

Edited by any2cards

Posted (edited)

Familiars - New Images / Sizes

Brightblaze
Pico
Raven Flock
Scourge
Skye

Edit: In order to remain consistent with other efforts, I am in the process of removing the need of "CK-" for Conversion Kit versions of the images, and instead placing the words "Conversion Kit" in red on the appropriate cards.

Edited by any2cards

Posted (edited)

Relics - Heroes - New Images / Sizes

Aurium Mail                     Shield Of The Dark God
Boneborn Bow                Spirited Scythe
Book Of Stars                  Staff Of Light
Dawnblade                      Sun Stone
Fear Eater                         The Manor's Heart
Forewarned Ring            The Shadow Rune
Fortuna's Dice                 The White Crown
Gauntlets Of Power        Trueshot
Immunity Elixir                Undertaker's Coat