Sign in to follow this  
Dpro

Show me the darkside and shields

Was playing against a Kylo RAC list and was surprised that the crits push damage under the shields. I ended up taking 3 damage points without losing a shield on my Dash. Would crits continue going against my haul with the possibility of taking only 5 damage with full shields and my ship being taken off the board? 

Seemed wrong, but he showed me the clarification in the facts that showed they go under the shields. 

I won the game, but enjoyed the three other games I played that I lost today better.

Thanks for the clarification. 

12 minutes ago, Dpro said:

Was playing against a Kylo RAC list and was surprised that the crits push damage under the shields. I ended up taking 3 damage points without losing a shield on my Dash. Would crits continue going against my haul with the possibility of taking only 5 damage with full shields and my ship being taken off the board? 

Seemed wrong, but he showed me the clarification in the facts that showed they go under the shields. 

I won the game, but enjoyed the three other games I played that I lost today better.

Thanks for the clarification. 

This was played correctly, and yes it is possible for a ship to be removed from the table with full shields on it through this or similar abilities.

9 minutes ago, Innese said:

This was played correctly, and yes it is possible for a ship to be removed from the table with full shields on it through this or similar abilities.

Thanks. It felt wrong, but seemed right. Like I said, I was happy to get out of that game. 

4 minutes ago, Dpro said:

Thanks. It felt wrong, but seemed right. Like I said, I was happy to get out of that game. 

Just to double check, the condition was applied and a crit had already been pulled from the deck, correct? He wasn't just making every crit ignore shields?

5 minutes ago, Innese said:

Just to double check, the condition was applied and a crit had already been pulled from the deck, correct? He wasn't just making every crit ignore shields?

Correct. He used the action to assign the dark side and find the crit. And then gave it to me after the crit. Just was surprised that it both forces damage against the haul and gets a hand picked crit. It looks like it worked as expected, I just didn’t enjoy playing against it. 

Just now, Dpro said:

Correct. He used the action to assign the dark side and find the crit. And then gave it to me after the crit. Just was surprised that it both forces damage against the haul and gets a hand picked crit. It looks like it worked as expected, I just didn’t enjoy playing against it. 

Okay yea then it was done correctly, and yes it can be brutal if you're running a small (2-3 ship) list. 2 Blinded Pilots shut you down for 2 rounds, he can make you PS 0.... Its nasty.

2 minutes ago, Innese said:

Okay yea then it was done correctly, and yes it can be brutal if you're running a small (2-3 ship) list. 2 Blinded Pilots shut you down for 2 rounds, he can make you PS 0.... Its nasty.

Yup. Exactly as you mentioned. The PS 0 wasn’t too bad, but missing out on two rounds of shooting because a PS 10 pilot is running those was tough. Oh well. Good to know now what to expect when I see it. 

I know that a few Dash players have switched to Leebo when Kylo and I'll Show You The Dark Side is very prominent.  Not too many, but a few.  You'll lose some positional advantage, but gain 2 points and be able to check the ISYTDS crit against another one from the top of the deck, choosing which one to receive.  You're still taking a crit under shields, but you've got a reasonable chance it's something you can deal with better than a Blinded Pilot or PS 0.

If you see that combo often, Determination on Dash do the job too. It is a trade of versus Lone Wolf...

Ignoring the Shield is in fact very flavorfull... Kylo use the force to damage the pilot, why would shield protect the pilot.