Jabberwock150

Favorite crew for thematic reasons?

So, as the above title suggests, I'm curious to know what crew cards (epic included) are your favorites thematically? Mine is Darth Vader....I love the idea of Vader crushing enemy ships with the force but wreaking havoc on his own in the process!

Saw Guerra is super themetic, what with his “win at all costs” tactics.

I’d also like to mention crews that work well with canon partners. Jan and Kyle, 4-LOM and Zuckess have really good pilot/crew synergy that is nice and themetic. Maul and crew Ezra too.

51 minutes ago, Jabberwock150 said:

I love the idea of Vader crushing enemy ships with the force but wreaking havoc on his own in the process!

It’s not the force. It’s a lightsaber throw.

Hit on your own ship on the way out. Crit to the enemy. Another hit on yours on the way back. :P

Threepio for sure has the best theme for me.

My favourite 'what could have been' moment though, is that Vader and Kylo should patently have had each other's crew abilities.  Kylo whinges, trashes the equipment and delivers big but uncontrolled effects.

Vader reaches across space and force chokes a nonbeliever.

I really wish they'd been the other way round.

Outlaw Tech: I love the idea of a Jawa on the engineering deck screaming in frustration while redirecting power to vital systems after a stressful move.

In my last SW RPG campaign we had a Jawa tech that hung out on the group ship's engineering deck, doing the same.

I love running two to three Scum ships with Outlaw Tech; I imagine all three ships' comms just drowning in Jawas howling about "giving it all I got".

1 minute ago, stuffedskullcat said:

Outlaw Tech: I love the idea of a Jawa on the engineering deck screaming in frustration while redirecting power to vital systems after a stressful move.

In my last SW RPG campaign we had a Jawa tech that hung out on the group ship's engineering deck, doing the same.

I love running two to three Scum ships with Outlaw Tech; I imagine all three ships' comms just drowning in Jawas howling about "giving it all I got".

Great, now I'll never be able to run that card again without getting that great mental image ? thanks

2 hours ago, SabineKey said:

Saw Guerra is super themetic, what with his “win at all costs” tactics.

I’d also like to mention crews that work well with canon partners. Jan and Kyle, 4-LOM and Zuckess have really good pilot/crew synergy that is nice and themetic. Maul and crew Ezra too.

Lando with Nien Nunb as his co-pilot is a great epic support ship.

Rey with Finn.

3 hours ago, piznit said:

Thematic, I love Lando.  It's a gamble baby, which he's all about!

Probably agree here. I still always try to find ways to fit him into a list, just because the blanking out at a crucial moment is part of the enjoyment of his awesome thematicness.

I really like chewie and c3po, their abilities are really fitting. Chewie is fixing stuff all the time while c3po is whining about odds. 

Also dengar and hunting named pilots is nice thematically.

Rebel Captive has always been a favorite.  Also like the Emperor for his "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen!" ability.  The upcoming Krennic crew is also very thematic and just a fun card.  I've come to enjoy condition cards more and more when the designers use them to add little narrative touches to the game.

I like two in particular.  Cassian crew because he’s all Cloak and Dagger, spying out his enemies moves and then using that knowledge to his advantage.

R2-Dcrew is very thematic.  He’ll get the shields back online, but he might break something else in the process.